[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst time of NFL Year/FFL Year

Bengal Mania

For me, the worste time of the NFL year is right now. The anticipation of the Draft (somehow, I don't know why) keeps me excited from early January (when previous Bengals seasons have ended) all the way to late April.

Early minicamp stuff doesn't do much for me. Actually, I try to not read anything about the home team, because all I get is contract and holdout stuff, which is deflating.

My excitement for the season (as a homer) picks up again in camp after everyone is signed.

FFL season excitement gets it's first drop-off after the trading deadline, because a lot of the fun part is done (we have limited FA pickups). So you don't really get to "do" anything except submit your lineup.

The best time (especially for those of you with playoff NFL faves), the playoffs, is a major buzz-kill for FFL, because the FFL thrill is done. You try to fill it with betting and pools in the playoffs, but it's not the same.

In fact, I'm not one of those who spends months preparing for the next FFL season. I pick up in July, and about August is when the "buzz" starts again.

Oh yeah, and the Tailgate tempermant can get mighty testy this time of year.

This is a tough time of year no doubt about it.

I've even read the dates of minicamps. Anyone else notice that Denver dumped its spring minicamps and doesn't have one scheduled until July!!! I didn't see any other team do that. WThell

For me, the worste time of the NFL year is right now.  The anticipation of the Draft (somehow, I don't know why) keeps me excited from early January (when previous Bengals seasons have ended) all the way to late April.

Early minicamp stuff doesn't do much for me.  Actually, I try to not read anything about the home team, because all I get is contract and holdout stuff, which is deflating. 

My excitement for the season (as a homer) picks up again in camp after everyone is signed.

FFL season excitement gets it's first drop-off after the trading deadline, because a lot of the fun part is done (we have limited FA pickups).  So you don't really get to "do" anything except submit your lineup.

The best time (especially for those of you with playoff NFL faves), the playoffs, is a major buzz-kill for FFL, because the FFL thrill is done.  You try to fill it with betting and pools in the playoffs, but it's not the same.

In fact, I'm not one of those who spends months preparing for the next FFL season.  I pick up in July, and about August is when the "buzz" starts again.

Oh yeah, and the Tailgate tempermant can get mighty testy this time of year.

805273[/snapback]

Interesting comments. Do you use head to head match ups during the season? You say entering starting line ups seems boring and you really prefer the trading. Trading players and picks adds to the fun, but I feel it's the head to head competition each week that makes it fun.

I also run a draft for the NFL playoffs with just four teams. The draft order is based on where you finished in the regular season.

If you want a peek. look at this link.

http://www.geocities.com/boosbandits/index.html

Interesting comments. Do you use head to head match ups during the season? You say entering starting line ups seems boring and you really prefer the trading. Trading players and picks adds to the fun, but I feel it's the head to head competition each week that makes it fun.

I also run a draft for the NFL playoffs with just four teams. The draft order is based on where you finished in the regular season.

If you want a peek. look at this link.

http://www.geocities.com/boosbandits/index.html

805332[/snapback]

We do head-to-head. That and the smack talk IS fun. I just said that's the first "drop-off", because it's a little less fun when the trade frenzy dries up.

Yep, a good dynasty league runs all year. In DWII, our rookie draft (slow) starts in 8 days. That keeps you on your toes, running around trying to find out how the mini camps went. That is followed up by an FA bidding period. Since

i t's IDP, knowing who won (at least at this point) the MLB spot for Seattle and whether or not Wong moves to WILB and Peek wins the WOLB spot on Houston is hot news. I find my standard performance local league to be pretty dull now.