[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Baseball

darin3

I'm in a 11-team roto league where I'm 140 +/- innings BEHIND the "maximum innings limit" pace. Therefore, I have thrown out a few "spot starters", such as Glendon Rusch, Kyle Lohse, etc... (haven't worked out THAT great, however). I traded Brian Giles straight-up for Ben Sheets - should be a big help. I am still, however, looking for ONE more stud pitcher, and have been offered Randy Johnson straight-up for Miguel Tejada. Now, keep in mind, my offense is excellent, but there's still room for improvement in many categories. I have Michael Young (essentially the #2 SS in the game) who I could move to SS and then bump Counsell (.293, 34 runs, 9 SB) to MI.

Offensively, I would still have the likes of Young, Big Papi Ortiz, Patterson, Damon, Wright, Sheffield.

I'm a tad concerned about The Unit's health/age. But I am in last place in each pitching category (except saves). I need to make up some points in a hurry if I'm gonna contend.

What do you think of this deal? Will it kill my offense? Big Unit too risky?

This other owner also has Willis and Halladay. Perhaps I pursue one of them for a lesser offensive guy?

Help!

P.S. Not gonna do it. Tejada is a beast. Leading my team in HRs and RBIs. It wouldn't KILL my offense, but he and the likes of Ortiz and Wright are keeping me in it - at least offense-wise.

The Big Unit doesn't look good at all. 4.65 or so ERA and a 1.65ish WHIP over the past month... with only 2 wins? Sorry, that's not Unit-esque.

I can't take the big risk, especially since I just landed Sheets in a deal for Giles. Gonna see how that pans out, with Pettitte and Moose getting most starts, and an improving Oliver Perez helping with Ks.

Since you already answered your question there isn't any need for me to chime in. I would have said to not trade for the Unit. Getting Sheets for Giles is a steal IMHO.

If you wanted a pitcher and were going to trade Tejada you have to look at getting Santana.

I don't know who you could offer for Halladay or Willis, maybe Young.

P.S.  Not gonna do it.  Tejada is a beast.  Leading my team in HRs and RBIs.  It wouldn't KILL my offense, but he and the likes of Ortiz and Wright are keeping me in it - at least offense-wise.

The Big Unit doesn't look good at all.  4.65 or so ERA and a 1.65ish WHIP over the past month... with only 2 wins?  Sorry, that's not Unit-esque. 

I can't take the big risk, especially since I just landed Sheets in a deal for Giles.  Gonna see how that pans out, with Pettitte and Moose getting most starts, and an improving Oliver Perez helping with Ks.

837343[/snapback]

My initial reaction when I read your question was "nonononononononono" but I see that you've decided against it anyway.

I think Tejada is the most valuable offensive player in all of roto (an argument can be made for ARod, but I'd still go with Tejada) - he's simply untradable in my mind. When you consider what he's doing and compare it to all the other SS in the league, having Tejada gives you such a huge boost over other teams that it's almost laughable. W/r/t ARod - he's awesome, but at least there are a handful of 3Bs that have the potential to finish with great numbers . . . not really so for SS.

See if you can get one of those pitchers for young..I have halladay and hes been a stud..Having Tejada and Young is a nice luxury.Id get some pitching with Young and jold on to Tejada..

Since you already answered your question there isn't any need for me to chime in.  I would have said to not trade for the Unit.  Getting Sheets for Giles is a steal IMHO. 

If you wanted a pitcher and were going to trade Tejada you have to look at getting Santana.

I don't know who you could offer for Halladay or Willis, maybe Young.

837404[/snapback]

Nice sigline. :D

Edit: Why don'tcha go to the gym and pump each other? :D

Edited by darin3

See if you can get one of those pitchers for young..I have halladay and hes been a stud..Having Tejada and Young is a nice luxury.Id get some pitching with Young and jold on to Tejada..

838787[/snapback]

Yeah I don't want to lose Young, either... that's the problem. That Texas offense has been everything as advertised. Plus, as the weather warms up, they'll only get hotter. On top of it, he's a fellow Gaucho :D

I am going to sit tight with Moose, Perez (threw a gem yesterday) and Sheets as my big guns and see what happens with my completely ill offense.