[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA Draft-Bucks #1 pick

Men In Tights

so Roy Williams needed FOUR lottery picks to finally win a national championship. A monkey could have guided that team to win it all. That tells you something. The real test is on - let's see if he wins another before he retires. If he does, I'll give him deserved props. Until then, that was Matt Doherty's championship. :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still bitter huh Meat? :D At least Roy has his ring, otherwise can you imagine what a pounding he would have taken for NOT winning a national championship with 4 lottery picks? That's the only bad thing anybody could ever come up with to say about Dean Smith "With all the talent that guy had he should have wone alot more championships"

You're right though, Matt Doherty certainly did some great recruiting (with a little help from Bobby Knight)

EDIT to add: :D @ Daniel Ewing to the Clippers - the Dook/Clipper railroad continues. I swear that's the only program that drafts Dook players. You'd think they would have learned by now.

Edited by billay

sorry darin, but your take on the draft isn't nearly as entertaining as this one

this made me spit iced tea on my monitor...

Denver pick Julius Hodge (No. 20, wearing a lovely cream suit) to Stu Scott on how he became an NBA fan during a Lakers-Knicks game at MSG: "I was at that game and the ball went out of bounds and I happened to get some good seats … and Magic kinda just glazed into the crowd and I was smiling my Mom remembered telling me, and he just winked his eye at me and I been a Magic fan ever since, I love the guy."

(Let's just say that any Magic Johnson story that includes the phrase "Magic glazed into the crowd" has to be considered one of the draft-day highlights of all-time.)

sorry darin, but your take on the draft isn't nearly as entertaining as this one

this made me spit iced tea on my monitor...

858603[/snapback]

Bill Simmons has the greatest draft diaries. His running diaries on his own fantasy drafts are classic, too.

It's just about that time where I retire to the mens' room for my afternoon polk, so this will be fantastic reading...