[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who should I draft.

lynch

I am in a keeper football league. I finished in last last season(just took over the team).

I have the first three picks(I didn't keep anyone from last year).

The league has just changed it's rules to allow for 1 point for ten yard rushing, rec, and passing.

Here is the link for the free agents page. I have also sent out an email telling everyone in the league that I will listen to trade offers.

http://www.ronstewart.net/MMEFFL/flm/mmefflStats22.htm

I have to make my selections tommorow morning so I could use a little help. thanks.

I am in a keeper football league.  I finished in last last season(just took over the team).

I have the first three picks(I didn't keep anyone from last year).

The league has just changed it's rules to allow for 1 point for ten yard rushing, rec, and passing. 

Here is the link for the free agents page.  I have also sent out an email telling everyone in the league that I will listen to trade offers. 

http://www.ronstewart.net/MMEFFL/flm/mmefflStats22.htm

I have to make my selections tommorow morning so I could use a little help.  thanks.

868128[/snapback]

E.James, R.Johnson & A.Johnson

Forgot to give you this information.

ARTICLE 11

OFFENCE STYLES

Three styles of offence are allowed to give the owner more coaching freedom. These are the Run & Shoot, Wish-Bone, and the Pro Set Offence.

All styles of offence have one quarterback, and one place kicker. The difference comes in the number of running backs and receivers allowed.

The Run & Shoot has one running back and four receivers. The Wish-Bone has three running backs and two receivers. The Pro Set Offence has two running backs and three receivers.

All of the rookies are available in this draft as well.

Edited by lynch

E.James, R.Johnson & A.Johnson

868177[/snapback]

Good advice in normal scoring, but, if it truly is 1 point for every 10 yards passing, and that is not a mistake by the OP, then I think Kerry Collins has to be taken instead of Andre Johnson and then look for best available WR with later picks.

Good advice in normal scoring, but, if it truly is 1 point for every 10 yards passing, and that is not a mistake by the OP, then I think Kerry Collins has to be taken instead of Andre Johnson and then look for best available WR with later picks.

868238[/snapback]

The league is set up as 1 point for every ten yards rushing, Rec., and Passing. It was proposed as a joke but got voted in by the league and we could not get a unanimous vote to go back to our old scoring rules.

So does everyone think that I should take Edge, Rudi, K Collins? Let me know what you think.

868238[/snapback]

IMO the points don't matter as much as the difference in value per position between A.Johnson & Collins. I like Palmer better in a keeper league. There are alot of QBs on that list that are likely to have as good of a season as Collins. Collins might even fall to you when you pick next, if not you'll still end up with a good QB. You will not get the likes of A.Johnson at your next pick. I know people are high on Collins with the addition of Moss, but I think the Carr to Johnson hook up is going to explode this year also. It's all about getting the best players available. If you think Collins is a better QB than Johnson is WR get him & GL.

IMO the points don't matter as much as the difference in value per position between A.Johnson & Collins. I like Palmer better in a keeper league. There are alot of QBs on that list that are likely to have as good of a season as Collins. Collins might even fall to you when you pick next, if not you'll still end up with a good QB. You will not get the likes of A.Johnson at your next pick. I know people are high on Collins with the addition of Moss, but I think the Carr to Johnson hook up is going to explode this year also. It's all about getting the best players available. If you think Collins is a better QB than Johnson is WR get him & GL.

868509[/snapback]

I have the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 10th and 14th selections in the draft.

http://www.ronstewart.net/MMEFFL/flm/mmeffl0501Draft.htm

Here are the team rosters so you can also look at what the teams drafting in the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds need. That could also help you make a suggestion.

http://www.ronstewart.net/MMEFFL/flm/mmefflRosters.htm

given all those early picks, I think then you should go ahead and grab Andre Johnson with the #3, but, also consider Roy Williams, DJax, Burleson and Fitzgerald at WR and there is still SJackson and Westbrook to look at for RB depth after Rudi and Edge.

As two of the team with earlier picks alrady have QBs, you can certainly be safe in waiting there, so disregard my previous advice, though, certainly go for a QB in a pass happy offense as those points skew points enough to warrant it.

I think if you can end up with 3 of those 4 RBs, and two of those WRs, youhave a great looking lineup for the "Wishbone" offense. Add in the rookie runners and you should have no problem filling in a great starting set of RBs and WRs.

I have the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 10th and 14th selections in the draft.

http://www.ronstewart.net/MMEFFL/flm/mmeffl0501Draft.htm

Here are the team rosters so you can also look at what the teams drafting in the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds need.  That could also help you make a suggestion.

http://www.ronstewart.net/MMEFFL/flm/mmefflRosters.htm

868547[/snapback]

go with the 3 back set of Rudi, Edge, and Westbrook and pick AJ w/ your 6 and if youre really set on collins i bet you can grab him at 10.

imo.

given all those early picks, I think then you should go ahead and grab Andre Johnson with the #3, but, also consider Roy Williams, DJax, Burleson and Fitzgerald at WR and there is still SJackson and Westbrook to look at for RB depth after Rudi and Edge.

As two of the team with earlier picks alrady have QBs, you can certainly be safe in waiting there, so disregard my previous advice, though, certainly go for a QB in a pass happy offense as those points skew points enough to warrant it.

I think if you can end up with 3 of those 4 RBs, and two of those WRs, youhave a great looking lineup for the "Wishbone" offense. Add in the rookie runners and you should have no problem filling in a great starting set of RBs and WRs.

868559[/snapback]

What do you think about grabbing Drew Bennett or brandon Stokley? I think I can wait on a QB there are only two teams that don't have a QB right now. I was thinking taking Carnell Williams with one of the early picks. He will step in and start and he is expected to catch passes out of the backfield, I just like having a RB in a Jon Gruden system. This league will grab rookies to early in my opinion should I try to get Cadillac early or wait and get him later,

I am not sold on SJackson, I think he will give up to many carries this year but, he could be a great investment for the future.

I think the WRs Ilisted are better/safer picks than Bennett or Stokely, and that thye don't warrant a pick very early. Check the results of the mock drafts to get an idea of where they have been going.

Nothing wrong with Williams, but most will be looking at Benson or Brown as rookies to take ahead of him, so you should be able to get him towards the later part of your earlier picks if you really are sold on him.

I think the WRs  Ilisted are better/safer picks than Bennett or Stokely, and that thye don't warrant a pick very early. Check the results of the mock drafts to get an idea of where they have been going.

Nothing wrong with Williams, but most will be looking at Benson or Brown as rookies to take ahead of him, so you should be able to get him towards the later part of your earlier picks if you really are sold on him.

868594[/snapback]

What do you think of drafting David Carr a little later in the draft, he has always had big yard totals just hasn't been able to score much.

I thought with ten yards passing and catching that the Andre Johnson-David carr connection might be nice, especially with a week three bye.

Given all those picks...I'd start with Edge, Rudi, and AJohnson. With the 6th and 10th picks I'd either get Westbrook, one of the Rookies, or even AGates as a second WR. Concerning Gates, Brees looks his way alot and when the defense is focused on LT in the redzone, you've gotta expect Gates to get quite few dump off passes. Regardless, I wouldn't start looking QB until the 14th pick. In all likely hood, Collins will still be there...especially since you're grabbing up all the RBs and WRs, everyone else will probably follow suit.

I was just offered the 13th selection and the 30th selection for the 3rd pick. I countered with the third slection and the 84th pick for the 9th and 13th. This is a 15 person team and I would have 7 of the first 14 selections with this trade. Should i have taken the first one or should I try for his two higher picks?

I have to make my pick within the next hour, the guy that was making a trade with has become silent and so it looks like I have to make the first three picks. :D

Does anyone have any different advice? :D Let me kow what you think I should do quickly. Thaks for the help.