[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

10-Team League

Went from first in '03 to worst last year. In my league, the big loser from last year (me) has choice of pick this year. I can pick anywhere from 1-10, and my spot stays the same throughout the serpentine draft.

We score 6 pt. TD's pass/rush/rec, 1 pt per 10 yds rush/rec, 1 pt 25 yds pass, 1 pt. per rec. Picks tend to be spread pretty evenly with at least 1 QB and WR taken in R1 the last few years.

Based on these factors, I am thinking of taking the #1, picking LT and waiting my turn until #20 & 21. I will likely go RB/WR or even RB/RB depending on who is there.

What would your preference be if you could have any pick in a 10-team draft? Any reason why not to take LT #1?

In this type of scoring system, is McNabb worth a #20 or 21 (Manning and CPepp will be gone)?

I take the #1 and take LT with no hesitation.

I see no reason to take McNabb that early unless you are a big Philly fan and you just have to have him.

I would be sure to get your RB2 and probably the best available WR in the 2/3 swing. Your still looking top 15 or so overall for your #2 RB and a top 4 or 5 WR.

With only 10 teams, you can really wait a long time on QB and still get a very solid performer. No need to take someone before the 4/5 swing at the very earliest if you fear a run, or, if you trust your ability to draft well and work the matchups, wait even longer for a QB.

I take the #1 and take LT with no hesitation.

I see no reason to take McNabb that early unless you are a big Philly fan and you just have to have him.

I would be sure to get your RB2 and probably the best available WR in the 2/3 swing. Your still looking top 15 or so overall for your #2 RB and a top 4 or 5 WR.

With only 10 teams, you can really wait a long time on QB and still get a very solid performer. No need to take someone before the 4/5 swing at the very earliest if you fear a run, or, if you trust your ability to draft well and work the matchups, wait even longer for a QB.

876372[/snapback]

Exactly what I was thinking, great advice here. It also might be worth your while to take the 1st pick & try trading down.

Based on what I have seen in the mocks, there are definitely stud WR's left at that point, and solid RB2's. I just know the guys in my league love to jump on WR's because of the rec points, so the Harrisons, Holts, and Johnsons may not be there at 20/21. The 6 pt passing TD's are the only reason I would consider McNabb that high, but I also think last year was his best and it will only go downhill.

Thanks for confirming my original thought. Welcome to the team, LT!

Then I read this article.

Case for Manning

Now I am torn once again. The top 15 scorers in the league last year based on the above scoring went:

1. Culpepper, Daunte MIN QB 473

2. Manning, Peyton IND QB 466

3. McNabb, Donovan PHI QB 373

4. Barber, Tiki NYG RB 349

5. Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB 333

6. Alexander, Shaun SEA RB 332

7. Green, Trent KCC QB 330

8. Favre, Brett GBP QB 328

9. Plummer, Jake DEN QB 324

10. Delhomme, Jake CAR QB 323

11. Davis, Domanick HOU RB 321

12. Muhammad, Muhsin CHI WR 321

13. Martin, Curtis NYJ RB 314

14. Brees, Drew SDC QB 311

15. Brooks, Aaron NOS QB 307

9 QB's in the top 15 scorers, but the difference between Manning/Culpepper and everyone else is hard to ignore. Despite the huge disparity at the top, I still have the gut feeling that LT is the better pick.