[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tedy Bruschi

nhoops

Just heard on 850 AM from Chris Collins that he's 90% sure that Bruschi will be back this year.

I heard that he has been going to meetings, interesting to see if he's at Training Camp and suited up.

I'm a little concerned for him, but if he thinks he's ready and the doctors clear him then I guess that alleviates my worries.

Thoughts?

Interestingly, Sal Palontonio said about a month ago that his sources in the Pats organization and close to Bruschi said that he most likely won't play this year. So, has he changed his mind?

IMO, he has no reason to play this year. In his nine (?) NFL seasons, he's been to four SBs and has three rings, so there isn't much else for him to prove on the field. He's got a wife and three kids at home. Why risk losing that?

I saw that report this morning too. I think he must be more than a little crazy to even consider coming back, but then I'm not a professional athlete. I think they determined that his stroke was very likely related to a small heart defect that he's likely had all his life, that was repaired by surgery following the stroke. If that's the case, then I suppose his chances of another stroke are greatly reduced. :D

So what are they going to do with Monty Beisel now?:D

I just read on NFL site that he was recently in southern Cal. to see his third doctor for an opinion on whether he should come back or not. He has vowed not to make a decision until he has to, which will be soon since they start camp Jul. 29th.

He doesn't need to play any more. Swerski's right--he's got a family to think about.

886555[/snapback]

Well, I'm not saying that he should retire or anything. I'm just saying that it would be in his family's best interest if he sat out this season.

Well, I'm not saying that he should retire or anything.  I'm just saying that it would be in his family's best interest if he sat out this season.

886887[/snapback]

I'm not sure one season out will correct the problem for Bruschi. And one year off means one year older. He is a talented guy--and unless I miss my guess he doesn't need the money.

I think that's the wise thing to do.  The last thing I want to see is a player (even a Patriot) collapse and die on the field.

Hopefully he'll be back in '06.

888318[/snapback]

I said this in the other recent Bruschi thread, but I have a couple of neurology colleagues who doubt he will ever play football again. The chance of another stroke from a violent hit is just too great to justify the risk.

They are saying he might come back, but I think that is basically for salary cap reasons. I don't see him coming back.

Whatever classification they put on him (PUP, Non-Football PUP, IR, Retired) will be the one that gets him paid and is the easiest on the cap.

They are saying he might come back, but I think that is basically for salary cap reasons.  I don't see him coming back.

Whatever classification they put on him (PUP, Non-Football PUP, IR, Retired) will be the one that gets him paid and is the easiest on the cap.

888846[/snapback]

Just curious but how many owners would bend over backwards to help out someone like TO if this happened to him????

Goes to show, if you support your team they support you.