[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What a dynasty dilemma!

:D

okay, now that thats over with. performance scoring, points per reception, yards per carry bonuses---we can start up to 3 RBs, most good teams do. We keep up to 5, I'm keeping 2. That rhymed. Peyton and Edge. Most good RBs will be kept. I still need to build, I've got a good core, I'm just two solid drafts away.

That in mind...

The five guys at the top of the list are as follows:

Cedric Benson

JJ Arrington

Ronnie Brown

Cadillac Williams

Lamont Jordan

Which should I take and feel free to rank them if you feel like it. Thanks for the help, I'll gladly return the favor :D

People are going to disagree with me and that is fine. I would take Carnell "Cadillac" Williams and get the best RB that will be available to you. I think that he will be the best RB in this years group of rookies. I am going to draft him in my own keeper league to use as a backup this year. With Arrington in ARZ and Brown splitting the last half of the season with Tokey Williams. I would take Cadillac, Gruden loves him and is going to use him as the workhorse that he loves.

LaMont I am not sold on as a solid starter, and Benson is with the bears and the have a terrible trak record of late.

I like R. Brown. Despite the R. Williams situation he will have at a minimum 4 games to prove himself. Everything I have read and seen he is a better receiving back then Willliams who has improved in the category but was never great. That means that R. Williams would primarily be used for the short yardage (bad in TD only leagues for Brown) and as a change of pace unless Brown does poorly in the beginning.

BTW, I have the first pick in the rookie draft as well and struggled to determine who I would pick. I didn't feel Cedric or Cadillac had any different situation (well slightly given Ricky is better then TJones or Pittman) but I opted for Brown who I think is an immense talent.

None of these guys are guaranteed to be great. Some will be good, some will be busts. I'd take Jordan, I think he has the best chance for success this year. For this year I have them:

2. Williams

3. Arrington

4. Benson

5. Brown

Edited by Adrenaline

No respect for JJ....he will get it this year with rookie of the year honors...

1. Arrington

2. Williams

3. Jordan

4. Brown

5. Benson

Benson is 5th only because his QB is worst than the others at this point and teams will put 7-8 in box daring Grossman to beat them....Muhammed steps up in Bears system..Benson could get the lanes..just feel Grossman will hold Benson back this year...

No respect for JJ....he will get it this year with rookie of the year honors...

1. Arrington

2. Williams

3. Jordan

4. Brown

5. Benson

Benson is 5th only because his QB is worst than the others at this point and teams will put 7-8 in box daring Grossman to beat them....Muhammed steps up in Bears system..Benson could get the lanes..just feel Grossman will hold Benson back this year...

892583[/snapback]

Miami doesn't even know who there QB is going to be yet. :D

I like R. Brown. Despite the R. Williams situation he will have at a minimum 4 games to prove himself. Everything I have read and seen he is a better receiving back then Willliams who has improved in the category but was never great. That means that R. Williams would primarily be used for the short yardage (bad in TD only leagues for Brown) and as a change of pace unless Brown does poorly in the beginning.

BTW, I have the first pick in the rookie draft as well and struggled to determine who I would pick. I didn't feel Cedric or Cadillac had any different situation (well slightly given Ricky is better then TJones or Pittman) but I opted for Brown who I think is an immense talent.

892118[/snapback]

One of the reasons that Jon Gruden fell in love with Cadillac at the senior bowl and had to have him was his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. This was not used at Auburn much, but cadillac is an all around RB, and he is the answer to the TB RB problem, Pittman was never a solution just a plug for a hole.

I would rank them so you see where I put all 5

1. Williams

see above posts

2. Arrington

I think that he will be a great RB and this OFF is on QB away from being pretty darn good(RB's still need a QB to take some pressure off them)

3. Brown

I think that in the long run he will make this a great RB draft, but Tokey Williams isn't giving up Ganja just for his health, he needs money and will run like it

4. Jordan

He could suprise me and if he does good for him, still not sold

5. Benson

was never sold on him in college and I saw him live. He plays for the Bears who start Rex freakin Grossman, see Arrington's QB comments but this is worse because they think they have the answer.

Gee, where's the Benson vote so we can make this even more frustrating?!?!? Obviously I've researched this situation as much as humanly possible, and found that Cadillac does in fact have very good hands, and is one of those guys that seems to be cathing the ball and quickly heading up field at the same time. This is why I think best possible scenario puts him with 60+ catches and possibily more rushing ability than Charlie Garner in his prime with the Raiders. Now, I've also seen numerous articles that say Ronnie Brown's hands are very underrated as well, and he may get suffecient catches simply becaue his QB his constantly being chased and he needs someone to dump it off to, and the Phins figure to be behind often.

I also like Jordan alot, and with that offense, he could be like absolutely humongous...but who the heck knows. And geez, Benson definitely has the best credentials of all of em. I really like JJ as well but am having a hard time grasping putting the future of my team in the hands of someone that small.

I may need to rephrase my question a bit. Since this pick is going to be on my team for quite some time, who do you guys think is the most talented?!? Talent almost always rises. Kind of taking the players out of their situations this year, which one is going to have the best career??

I'll rate them this way;

1) Williams; Think he'll be a great fit with Tampa. If you get 1pt. for rec. he could be a homerun.

2) Jordan; Even with all the passing I think he'll get the carries and TDs.

3) JJ Arington; Maybe going out on a limb here but I think he's going to be the guy there and will do well. With the W/Rs and Warner maybe getting time to throw it'll help him and give him lanes.

4) Benson; If not for the QB he'd be ahead of JJ.

5) Brown; Before Williams, probably would have him third but, with Ricky there I'm worried how that actually pans out.

Edited by jgcoach