[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you prepare your cheatsheets/rankings?

Fatman

Rhino rules.  I love Rhino.

But, if Rhino doesn't give up his spreadsheets this year, I guess I'd try to recreate what he does.  I subscribe to a few FF websites (of course, The Huddle is the best), so I'd just compile a consensus draft sheet...adjust it according to my own judement, needs and preferences...and go with it.

897435[/snapback]

Who/what is Rhino????

Guest THEbigred

Wimps. I just take my cheatsheet from last year and tweak it. :D

Seriously, that's about it. At some point early on (like June) I'll usually just do an initial/rough "clean up" - eg stuff like delete E Smith and Gannon this year, add the big-name rookies, etc. Then I'll put it away for awhile and off and on when I'm bored, I'll go back and tweak a little here and there, but based simply on my own opinions. Course sometimes I'm influenced by what I read on the boards etc but not in terms of following anyone's rankings or to "align" with anyone, but rather if anyone makes a good case for ranking anyone higher or lower than I have them. I really don't look at "expert" opinions much at all (OK so DMD charging for his doesn't help :D ) and frankly don't put any more or less stock in em than anyone else's per se. Hell if I did I might have Bell ranked the #3 RB a la FFI :doah: But the "FF elite" often made good points also, so I'm hardly adverse to listening either.

Then about, oh now or so, I'll start getting "serious" about my rankings, fine-tuning them per the latest news etc.....but about the last 2-3 weeks of Aug is when most of my work is really done.

Oh yeah, my cheatsheet is basically just the top players ranked by position and tiered. (Don't do specific stat projections because they're a hideous waste of time)

Edited by THEbigred

Like any auction league, my picks have to have dollar values associated with them as well as a perferred order. I determine the average number of points scored in my league per game and assign a dollar value to the points based on our total auction budget ($300, yeah, I know...we're bidding for a while!).

I then take projections (from the Huddle) and tweak to fit my scoring system to come up with a per game average per player. Multiply times the $value per point, and I have my auction value.

BUT...

I need to determine how much more valuable that the average at each position a player is, and which positions are more valuable. So I find the average point value for each position and adjust the auction values up or down for each player.

THEN...

Based on our line up options (or that which I'd most often like to play), I adjust based on the position group in my lineup. For example, if I play 1 QB, 3 RB, 2 R, 1 K, 1 DEF, I have to weigh the value of the 1 QB vs the 3 RB's and the 2 R's, etc.

That gives me my final adjustment. I can now sort my list (have to use Excel for this) based on auction value. I know during bidding if a player is over valued or under valued and decide how to proceed.

OK...I'm done. Comments? :D