[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you prepare your cheatsheets/rankings?

Fatman

Just wondering how people compile their own rankings for players when going into a draft.

I've used the same method for the past few years and, although simple (and I'm sure widely used), I've found effective. I average the rankings of 4-6 reliable sources (Huddle, Sporting News, etc.) to give an average score for each player, then sort by score. Provides a nice, simple aggregation of a variety of opinions. I then move players up and down a bit for personal preference and tier.

my strategy is to take A Green if he's there in the 2nd round...

he plays well every other year...

895659[/snapback]

I hope this is right.. I just got him in the beginning of the third round in one of my leagues (10 teamer)

What I do is use Rhino's sheet and then adjust as neccessary.. though it looks like I will have one most of my drafts before that comes out, so I primarily look at the huddle rankings and a couple other sources, adjust for personal preference/intuition and go from there.

Just wondering how people compile their own rankings for players when going into a draft. 

I've used the same method for the past few years and, although simple (and I'm sure widely used), I've found effective.  I average the rankings of 4-6 reliable sources (Huddle, Sporting News, etc.) to give an average score for each player, then sort by score.  Provides a nice, simple aggregation of a variety of opinions.  I then move players up and down a bit for personal preference and tier.

895646[/snapback]

That is what I do I'll also do a modified on with points or ease of schedule.

My system also mirrors Fatmans, I also keep track of the players drafted in my local(I'm commish), and compile those as a source as well. I like to look a some rookies during the PS to sort through the hype and actual potential possible for the upcoming year. I also like to take into effect the schedule of the players I'm interested in as well, as a stud RB may be nice to have, but his performance could be affected by playing some tough D's several weeks in a row or in a tight cluster of games-same for QB's and WR's.....ah the joy's of preparing for the war room. I'd still take a stud player, but might choose a back-up for other reasons than a bye week if it looks like they will come up against a D that will result in a low scoring game etc. Peace PD.

software...put in my league(s) scoring system, draft order and what I want my final roster ratio to be (3QBs, 5RBs, etc). Add my own wrinkles and use the laptop on draft day. Just started doing this last year after having printed cheatsheets for years. Really like it. Naturally I can deviate at any time if I want during the draft. I like that it keeps up with other teams roster makeup as we go so I can predict what positions they will NOT take in the next round. Works really well if you are near the turn in a serpentine draft order.

Second benefit was that we ran the last 8 rounds of our draft last year using my software when a storm knocked out the power during the draft. I am putting in all the picks anyway...

Edited by cmoore

software...

895743[/snapback]

What software do you use? My league gives 6 points for passing TD and allows 2RB/2WR OR 1RB/3WR to start. Also gives nice bonus points for long TDs. Haven't found anything that allows me to enter this info to prepare rankings. Any advice? Recommendations?

What software do you use? My league gives 6 points for passing TD and allows 2RB/2WR OR 1RB/3WR to start. Also gives nice bonus points for long TDs. Haven't found anything that allows me to enter this info to prepare rankings. Any advice? Recommendations?

895760[/snapback]

http://www.fftoolbox.com/2004/overall.cfm?league_ID=31990

I list all the positions and rank them and then make sure to list all the bye weeks next to them. I wouldn't waste my time except i can't find anywhere out there where they list the bye weeks in a list format for all the players at every position. that's key for me.

895760[/snapback]

There are a lot of them, one even promoted by the Huddle.

I am using Draft Predictor

link

There are a lot of them, one even promoted by the Huddle.

I am using Draft Predictor

link

896170[/snapback]

I keep the huddle one handy for late round picks as I usually know who I want...but I just cross names off as I go and go by my own rankings...without having to make a new list...

I pretty much know how I want to draft ahead of time anyways

I keep it simple. I print the Huddle cheatsheet, and make notes on it moving some up, some down. I decide which players I really like and see what other tier players match up with them on bye weeks. I try not to overthink, since I am usually not in any condition to, anyway. :D

Not to sound like too much of an idiot, but what are the Rhino rankings?

:D

897205[/snapback]

Each year, rhino compiles rankings from several sites, then puts them into a spreadsheet in which you can put in your league scoring rules, and it will give out the top-ranked players in order for your scoring rules.

Each year, rhino compiles rankings from several sites, then puts them into a spreadsheet in which you can put in your league scoring rules, and it will give out the top-ranked players in order for your scoring rules.

897423[/snapback]

Rhino rules. I love Rhino.

But, if Rhino doesn't give up his spreadsheets this year, I guess I'd try to recreate what he does. I subscribe to a few FF websites (of course, The Huddle is the best), so I'd just compile a consensus draft sheet...adjust it according to my own judement, needs and preferences...and go with it.