[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Blitz

VikesGuy

Has anyone played the game Blitz in the past? After EA got exclusive rights to the NFL teams they had to get a little bit more inventive.

I just found this too funny not to spread on.

They have team called the Redhawks (i belive) the team looks alot like the Falcons. But guess who they have listed as their staring QB.

Non other then Ron Mexico.

I just might have to check it out for that fact alone this year. :D:D:D

Any game called 'Blitz' should be a little league baseball game. It should come with compete play by play announcing that can be saved for those who missed the game and want to enjoy a blow by blow renactment. At least one coach must be named Julio and all players are required to use $250 aluminum bats. There should be a 'secret' option that allows team owners to collude to keep deserving players off of the all-star team. Then and only then will I purchase a game called Blitz.

Edited by Puddy

I have PS2 hooked up, but when friends come over to watch games or hang out and we want to throw on a video game... we ALWAYS bust out the N64 and play NFL Blitz 2000 with 4 players.

Blitz is a fantastic fast paced arcade style game with monster hits and huge plays possible at any time.

My favorite features:

- Pass interference? What's that? You can blast wide receivers when the ball is in the air.

- Punts and Extra point kicks? No such thing. They are automatic. I hate that the kickoff in Madden seems to take 30 seconds. They are instantaneous and require no effort. It's freaking kicking... nobody cares.

- Fast fast fast. The only time you can even reach down to drink your beer is right after a touchdown... of which there should be many.

- Crazy crazy plays. You can pass the ball 3 times behind the line of scrimmage, and then air it out downfield if you want.

- In 4-man play, the offensive and defensive playcalling alternates between players on the same team, so both players need to contribute.

It's a great fun game. Much better with 4 players.