[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Three-peat

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe

OK I've heard enough about this crap!!!!!! This seems to be all the ESPN crew can find to talk about other than the VY performance. The AP (press/ESPN/ABC/CBS/etc) needs to wake up and realize the coaches/ Div-1 schools voted for the BCS because it was better than what they had!!!! To say USC was gonna three-peat was a bunch of lame ass sports writers/common-taters(lol) trying to hype their AP poll over what the schools decided to use and thats the BCS!!!! I wish the AP poll would go away....its not used in the BCS formula anymore so to hell with 'em. If the AP wants a say keep it in the BCS formula!!! The AP championship has outlived it's usefullness.......

2005 Texas

2004 Southern California

2003 Louisiana State

2002 Ohio State

2001 Miami (Fla.)

2000 Oklahoma

1999 Florida State

1998 Tennessee

These are the champs since the inception of the BCS. No team has ever two-peated, won more than one, etc.....so :D I WISH THE F'ING PRESS WOULD SHUT THEIR MOUTHS!!!!!!!

Am I the only one tired of listening to this hype/crap???

OK I've heard enough about this crap!!!!!! This seems to be all the ESPN crew can find to talk about other than the VY performance. The AP (press/ESPN/ABC/CBS/etc) needs to wake up and realize the coaches/ Div-1 schools voted for the BCS because it was better than what they had!!!! To say USC was gonna three-peat was a bunch of lame ass sports writers/common-taters(lol) trying to hype their AP poll over what the schools decided to use and thats the BCS!!!! I wish the AP poll would go away....its not used in the BCS formula anymore so to hell with 'em. If the AP wants a say keep it in the BCS formula!!! The AP championship has outlived it's usefullness.......

2005  Texas   

2004  Southern California

2003  Louisiana State 

2002  Ohio State 

2001  Miami (Fla.) 

2000  Oklahoma

1999  Florida State 

1998  Tennessee 

These are the champs since the inception of the BCS. No team has ever two-peated, won more than one, etc.....so  :D I WISH THE F'ING PRESS WOULD SHUT THEIR MOUTHS!!!!!!!

1249385[/snapback]

That's their job. :D

2005  Texas   

2004  Southern California

2003  Louisiana State 

2002  Ohio State 

2001  Miami (Fla.) 

2000  Oklahoma

1999  Florida State 

1998  Tennessee 

These are the champs since the inception of the BCS. No team has ever two-peated, won more than one, etc.....so  :D I WISH THE F'ING PRESS WOULD SHUT THEIR MOUTHS!!!!!!!

1249385[/snapback]

I'm sick of it as well. I wanted Texas to win just to shut the media up.

AP has been around longer than the BCS. And anyone who says that USC got a piece of LSU's title, forgets that the only reason LSU got a share in 2003 was because the Coaches poll is contractually obligated to give them one. It woulda been a three-peat. You just don't like it because you're a Jokelahoma fan and still think you actually DESERVED to be in that title game. Go back into hibernation, or stop whining.

AP has been around longer than the BCS. And anyone who says that USC got a piece of LSU's title, forgets that the only reason LSU got a share in 2003 was because the Coaches poll is contractually obligated to give them one. It woulda been a three-peat. You just don't like it because you're a Jokelahoma fan and still think you actually DESERVED to be in that title game. Go back into hibernation, or stop whining.

1250781[/snapback]

So what you are saying is that even though going into the 2003 season USC agreed (by way of the PAC-10) that the BCS would determine the National Champion, that it is ok for them to change their mind after the fact, because things did not turn out the way that they wanted?

UT has as much right to claim a National Championship for the 1970 season, as USC does for the 2003 season. In fact the University does do that officially. However, that does not keep me from saying that UT looks like idiots and sore losers for claiming a National Title in 1970, and I wish that they would not. In my mind, UT has three National Titles, 1963, 1969 & 2005.

the AP has been declaring a national champion every year since the BCS. It wasn't like in 2003, they just decided to be different. Tennessee won teh AP title in 1998, FSU in 99' and so on. The Assosciated Press has declared one this year as well. Not only that, but the BCS doesn't determine the national champion. The Coaches Poll does and so does the AP Poll. As I stated before, USC was #1 in BOTH polls going into the bowls. THE ONLY reason that LSU was #1 in the Coaches poll after the bowls, was because the coaches, by a binding contract, had to make them #1, which is why there was some speculation as to whether or not some coaches would breach the contract and vote USC. So you are wrong on many different levels.

Bottom line... the national champion in college football, is STILL to this day, something that is voted on. Texas was recently just voted as the national champion. Yes they are the only undefeated team standing, but it still doesn't change the fact that they were voted for as national champions.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW