[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Oklahoma Sooners is the greatest football team

Sgt. Ryan

If Bush hadn't lateralled?  If Ross doesn't muff that punt Texas wins by 7 more.

1304523[/snapback]

You could discuss laterals, bad calls, muffed punts, whatever. But that game came down to 4th and 2, and then 4th and 5 late, one for each side. Texas won both those battles and won the game. Simple...I hated it, but its simple....

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the excuses from SC fans. And who the F*ck cares about a game 20 yrs ago. Washington is Athena, and will always be Athena. YOu think that coach that failed at Notre Dame is going to do anything there. If you fail at ND, you might as well get out of the business. Name a coach in the last 30 yrs that failed there and won anything anywhere else. Hell Bob Davie gave up coaching all together just because of the stigma that comes with failing in South Bend. BTW, OU won the National Championship in 1985. Look it up, so you may need to update your fact sheet.

BTW its my opinion if that punt isnt muffed by Texas after Texas stoned SC on 3 straight downs, Sc never leads in that game, and loses by 3 scores. That play gave them huge momentum and Texas had to take the game away from them afterwards. Something OU did a yr ago, then kept turning the ball over, thus they lost badly. SC imo wasnt the best team any year, and one 1 game that gave them this legacy. But what SC fans fail to realize is OU gave them 4 turnovers, which handed them that game. Thats what Texas fans saw happen when they played OU several yrs back. OU wasnt 63-14 superior than Texas, just took advanatage of every mistake like SC did to them.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I love the excuses from SC fans.  And who the F*ck cares about a game 20 yrs ago.  Washington is Athena, and will always be Athena.  YOu think that coach that failed at Notre Dame is going to do anything there.  If you fail at ND, you might as well get out of the business.  Name a coach in the last 30 yrs that failed there and won anything anywhere else.  Hell Bob Davie gave up coaching all together just because of the stigma that comes with failing in South Bend.  BTW, OU won the National Championship in 1985.  Look it up,  so you may need to update your fact sheet.

BTW its my opinion if that punt isnt muffed by Texas after Texas stoned SC on 3 straight downs, Sc never leads in that game, and loses by 3 scores.  That play gave them huge momentum and Texas had to take the game away from them afterwards.  Something OU did a yr ago, then kept turning the ball over, thus they lost badly.  SC imo wasnt the best team any year, and one 1 game that gave them this legacy.  But what SC fans fail to realize is OU gave them 4 turnovers, which handed them that game.  Thats what Texas fans saw happen when they played OU several yrs back.  OU wasnt 63-14 superior than Texas, just took advanatage of every mistake like SC did to them.

1304620[/snapback]

:D I love it when you :D - Your comment about who cares about what happened 20 years ago .... that's all you have to talk about when it comes to your beloved Sooners? There you talk about OU "giving" 4 turnovers to SC? It's been 2 years, time to take the blinders off. Do you think SC had anything to do with creating those turnovers? Of course not. And Private you have the "Geek" Sheet in front of you so why don't you tell all of us the year that Washington :D went into the Orange Bowl and smacked around your lowly Sooners! The next time they went into Miami they dominated the Hurricanes ending the longest home winning streak at, I think, 58 games :D . Yea, like you said, they've always been :D Get your "Geek" sheet out and see if I'm wrong about this one too.

As far as your claim that No ND coach that failed at ND won anywhere else. The jury's still out on that one. I will say though that Mr. Willingham didn't fail at Notre Dame. They failed him. I believe he had the best won-loss record for 1 season then they have had there in a long, long time. Weiss did a Great job there this year but he was coaching most of Tyrone's guys. Honestly, who really cares to talk about the most overhyped, over-rated team in college football over the last 15 years. I don't.

Mr. Willingham is a class guy and he will bring UW back to respectability very soon. You called my team Athena, not once, but twice. Classy ......

:D

Edited by theprofessor

with 2 JC transfers starting at OL next yr

O-Line is the most difficult position on the field, for a JUCO to come in on and have an impact. The fact that you expect 2 of them to start, is clear indication that the troubles with the O-line and coach are as bad as I have heard.

You may be right, but before Whites 1st ACL tear, he ran a 4.5 40 and was a better athelete than Bomar or Brodie Coyle who Stoops wanted badly, but couldnt convince him he would start over White. . 2 ACL surgeries later White was a statue.

1302164[/snapback]

Agree, which means with your current o-line, you are likely to end up with a QB that moves like White, and is 1/2 as smart.

..time to take the blinders off.

QUOTE(theprofessor @ 2/3/06 12:13am)

SC has been the best team in College Football for the last 3 years, including this year

Yep, time to take 'em off, for both of you. You both do the same thing, over and over again, and then tell the other one they are stupid for doing it.

QUOTE(theprofessor @ 2/3/06 12:13am)

SC has been the best team in College Football for the last 3 years, including this year

Yep, time to take 'em off, for both of you.  You both do the same thing, over and over again, and then tell the other one they are stupid for doing it.

1304760[/snapback]

Enjoy 2005 for a while. Because its the last time Mack and texas win anything for another 20 yrs. TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... doesnt beat OU without Young, and there isnt another Young coming down the pike anytime soon.

As far as your claim that No ND coach that failed at ND won anywhere else. The jury's still out on that one. I will say though that Mr. Willingham didn't fail at Notre Dame. They failed him. I believe he had the best won-loss record for 1 season then they have had there in a long, long time. Weiss did a Great job there this year but he was coaching most of Tyrone's guys. Honestly, who really cares to talk about the most overhyped, over-rated team in college football over the last 15 years. I don't.

Mr. Willingham is a class guy and he will bring UW back to respectability very soon. You called my team Athena, not once, but twice. Classy ...... 

:D

1304705[/snapback]

Willingham had 3 fundamental problems at Notre Dame. One was that he was placed on a shorter leash in part due to Bob Davie's tenure. In the end, their % was about the same, except that Davie had 5 or 6 years there, whereas Willingham got only 3 in large part because they were so mediocre under Davie. They didn't improve under Ty, and before they knew it they were looking at a full 10 years of mediocrity if they didn't pull the Willingham plug. He was guilty through inheiritance....

The 2nd thing, and it's more relevant to you is that Willingham is very satisfied with mediocrity. After one of his (5 - the most of any ND coach in their history) 30+ losses he would say things like losing by one or losing by 30 is still a loss. Well, sure it is but where's the pride in keeping a game close? Willingham exhibited very little of that. That, quite frankly, isn't acceptable to many programs. UW included.

Finally, his recruiting. Look at Washington's rank for 2006. It isn't pretty. And although he did bring quality players to ND, he didn't use them well at all. Look at what Samardja did this year, and he caught something like 2-3 TD's his first few years. Also, he only gave out something like 15 of 25 scholarships in his last year, so he couldn't even bring in enough talent to fill out a full class at the end. (Some of UW's recruits this year didn't even get offer's from other schools).

Ty is a class guy, and good for student atheletes. But I don't think he's good at the national level, and won't make UW competitive. That's just my impression. I wanted the guy to suceed at ND, and hope he does at UW too. But when he sits there with that stoic face in blowout after blowout, and the Irish faithful start pining for Gerry Faust-type emotion on the sidelines then you have the wrong thing happening at ND.

Enjoy 2005 for a while.  Because its the last time Mack and texas win anything for another 20 yrs. TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... doesnt beat OU without Young, and there isnt another Young coming down the pike anytime soon.

1307244[/snapback]

Oh come on Sarge, UT has manged to pull a win or two out, here and there, without Young, 57% winning percentage vs OU's 37% winning percentage in the years prior to VY. Hell, even Peter the Great managed to beat OU four years in a row, and trust me, he was no Vince Young.

Oh come on Sarge, UT has manged to pull a win or two out, here and there, without Young, 57% winning percentage vs OU's 37% winning percentage in the years prior to VY.  Hell, even Peter the Great managed to beat OU four years in a row, and trust me, he was no Vince Young.

1309357[/snapback]

Mack Brown wasnt the coach then, and OU didnt have Bob Stoops, or any one to speak of for a coach then.

Mack Brown wasnt the coach then, and OU didnt have Bob Stoops, or any one to speak of for a coach then.

1309406[/snapback]

Oh come on Sarge, Wilkins and Switzer were that bad, or were you only referring to the 4 straight loses to Gardere? As a side note, I was looking at the OU website a few years ago, and it is virtually impossible to find out how the OU coach was from 89 to 99, it is like they did not have a coach. It like what happens if you get excommunicated, its like you never existed.

Oh come on Sarge, Wilkins and Switzer were that bad, or were you only referring to the 4 straight loses to Gardere?  As a side note, I was looking at the OU website a few years ago, and it is virtually impossible to find out how the OU coach was from 89 to 99, it is like they did not have a coach.  It like what happens if you get excommunicated, its like you never existed.

1309620[/snapback]

What were the records vs OU when Wilkins, Switzer and Stoops were coaching in Norman vs Texas. I bet its pretty lopsided against TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT...

What were the records vs OU when Wilkins, Switzer and Stoops were coaching in Norman vs Texas.  I bet its pretty lopsided against TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT...

1309667[/snapback]

I guess it depends you definition of lopsided. Wilkinson & Switzer combined only had a 55% winning percentage vs OU. Wilkinson was 9-8 against UT, Switzer was 9-5-2 against UT, which would explain why it took a story in an actual newspaper about guns and drugs in the OU players dorm to get him forced out. I am sure that most everyone here knows that Stoops is 5-2 vs UT. I bet the one thing that really chaps Switzer is that he virtually owned Royal, just as Royal vertually owned Wilkinson, but Switser was only 4-5-1 vs Fred Akers.

Of course those which we do not speak about went 2-7-1(20% winning percentage) against UT, which would be why we do not speck about them.

I guess it depends you definition of lopsided.  Wilkinson & Switzer combined only had a 55% winning percentage vs OU.  Wilkinson was 9-8 against UT, Switzer was 9-5-2 against UT, which would explain why it took a story in an actual newspaper about guns and drugs in the OU players dorm to get him forced out.  I am sure that most everyone here knows that Stoops is 5-2 vs UT.  I bet the one thing that really chaps Switzer is that he virtually owned Royal, just as Royal vertually owned Wilkinson, but Switser was only 4-5-1 vs Fred Akers.

Of course those which we do not speak about went 2-7-1(20% winning percentage) against UT, which would be why we do not speck about them.

1310059[/snapback]

9-8 Wilkson is owned by Royal :D . BTW, where did Royal play college football.

9-8 Wilkson is owned by Royal  :D .  BTW, where did Royal play college football.

1310313[/snapback]

Yep, Bud was 9-8 against UT, but only 1-6 vs Royal. Bud went 8-2 against UT his first 10 years. After Royal took over at UT, Bud only won one more.

You did not know that Royal was a native of Oklahoma, and played at OU?

Edited by rbmcdonald

Yep, Bud was 9-8 against UT, but only 1-6 vs Royal.  Bud went 8-2 against UT his first 10 years.  After Royal took over at UT, Bud only won one more.

You did not know that Royal was a native of Oklahoma, and played at OU?

1310512[/snapback]

I absolutely knew that, why do you think I asked the question to you? They say we steal talent away from texas every yr, but where would Texas even be on the map of college football without Royal.

I absolutely knew that, why do you think I asked the question to you?  They say we steal talent away from texas every yr, but where would Texas even be on the map of college football without Royal.

1313199[/snapback]

Since it is a well know fact for UT fans, I assumed you asked the ?, because you wanted an answer. "They" who is that? OU recruiting in Texas, is a numbers game. Oklahoma cannot produce enough top notch players, to produce a national contender. Texas is clearly a top 3 or 4 producer of football talent, and is next to OU, obviously OU is going to recruit heavily in Texas to be a NC contender. Royal was the right person, right time, right place. I do not believe that his birthplace or alma mater were significant factors in the hire. Wilkonson was born in Minn, and played at U of Minn, do you attribute OU's success to Minn.?

Steal talent, lol, for some reason that brings to mind Highlanders swarming into the lowlands, returning with stolen brides over their shoulders. That would put a new twist on recruiting, wouldn’t it?

• 11 months later...