[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why did Seattle deserve to win?

steeler

Look at time of possesion. Look at how many big plays got called back on the Seahawks. You give Jackson his TD, and take back either Lil' Bens TD or Parkers (RT held on this play) and Seattle wins. If it wasn't for the penalties the two field goals would have been much shorter (more make-able) and if one of them goes in, atleast the Seatle isn't forced to throw like crazy at the end of the game, with the Steelers DE jumping offsides while the refs blindly look the other way.

Look at time of possesion.  Look at how many big plays got called back on the Seahawks.  You give Jackson his TD, and take back either Lil' Bens TD or Parkers (RT held on this play) and Seattle wins.  If it wasn't for the penalties the two field goals would have been much shorter (more make-able) and if one of them goes in, atleast the Seatle isn't forced to throw like crazy at the end of the game, with the Steelers DE jumping offsides while the refs blindly look the other way.

1307403[/snapback]

Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda.... they didn't.

Edited by steeler

they outplayed the steelers on both sides of the ball, less turnovers, more 3 and outs,. The only person who blew it for us was Stevens why did it have to be him though after everything happening this week. Oh and Josh Brown missing those feild goals. But We played a better game didnt work out.

I for one am not saying that they deserved to win over Pittsburgh. I'm saying that the lousy-ness of the officiating tainted the game completely for me. We'll never know because Seattle was called for holding a ton of times, when Pitt never was. You really mean to tell me that Pitt never held even once in this game?

On one drive alone, I saw Pitt jump offsides at least 3 times and never get called. One of those times, they sacked Hasselbeck.

Ben was guilty of delay of game at least once that wasn't called and they went on to get a crucial first down.

Did Seattle do enough to lose the game on their own? Probably. Their play calling was suspect, their clock management was horrible. But at several key moments in the game, calls went to Pitt that sustained their drives, and against Seattle.

So to me, it made the game lousy as a fan of the game. If I were a Seattle fan, I'd be beside myself because it was taken out of the hands of the players by the refs.

The refs should never be part of the story and they were a big part of the story here.

Because of all the  :D about the officiating.  I don't think either team really played their best game... the Steelers B game was better than Seattles B game.

1307404[/snapback]

actually, we don't know that, because the officials F game tainted the whole sloppy mess. if you can't see that, god help you.

i honestly dont think either team played well enough to expect to win ANY super bowl. they both deserved to lose. but at the very least, we, as football fans, deserved a contest decided by the guys with helmets on.

actually, we don't know that, because the officials F game tainted the whole sloppy mess.  if you can't see that, god help you. 

i honestly dont think either team played well enough to expect to win ANY super bowl.  they both deserved to lose.  but at the very least, we, as football fans, deserved a contest decided by the guys with helmets on.

1307453[/snapback]

I concur.

I realize that the Steelers were lucky that the NFC team sucked so bad that they could still win while not playing their best game.

1307472[/snapback]

You're pulling new exscuses out of your ass bro.

Every few minutes its something else. Face it.

If Seattle had won, Officiating would make an official apology because of what happened.

Because they didn't win, everyone in the NFL will turn their head the other way and pretend it never happened.

Except the Seahawks.