[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm sure it's wrong to laugh at others misfortune

Czarina

Three cheers for Waffle House!!!!! :D:D:D

Man Shot Dead at Calif. Denny's Restaurant

ANAHEIM, Calif. - A gunman opened fire early Friday at a Denny's restaurant, killing one man and seriously wounding another, police said. It was the third fatal shooting at the restaurant chain in Southern California this week.

The 2:45 a.m. shooting happened after a fight between two large groups inside the restaurant, said Sgt. Rick Martinez of the Anaheim Police Department

From KC Star:

The report raised eyebrows in part because Hodge, a fifth-round draft pick, isn’t exactly on the high end of the NFL pay scale. He received a signing bonus of $128,750 in 2005. Activated in late November, he earned less than half of the rookie minimum salary of $230,000.

“Alphonso has been putting money away better than a lot of rookies I know,” Harris said. “Frankly, his investments are between him and his financial planner.”

:D

Harris said Hodge told him that the earrings were a gift in college  :D  and that there was a discrepancy in the amount of cash he was carrying. The Hummer2 was eventually recovered, Harris said, and the person driving it was wearing Hodge’s jewelry.

1374380[/snapback]

I'm sure over the past year he's put his money in real estate and gold and energy stocks.

I'm sure over the past year he's put his money in real estate and gold and energy stocks.

1374933[/snapback]

his broker would handle that perfectly....

Jamal Lewis is watching this situation closely..as are the Ravens..

Guy's got all the cash and the jewelry..maybe he should be hanging out somewhere nicer than Waffle House? :D

1373465[/snapback]

Yeah but down south, Waffle houses are like liquor stores in the ghetto, one every 20 feet. Plus you can get fried chicken and waffles in those. Don't knock it until you've tried it. Great after club food.

what kind of moran carries 8500 in cash.

1373514[/snapback]

A dumb as$ who is gonna be broke in a couple of years.

You can take the boy out of the ghetto, but you cant take the ghetto out of the boy.  This clown will be flat broke 5 years after making millions in the NFL.  A fool and his money will soon be parted...

1373893[/snapback]

bingo. Most professional sport players do go broke because they get absorbed into the life style that follows them. Personal I think the NFL, the NBA, MLB all need to do a better job at offering these kids moral advice on their money or force the rookies into having part of their paycheck placed into some type of retirement (they might already do that for all I know.)

You really can't 100% blame them for pissing away their loot, once one player gets signed, all of his family reaps the rewards. Which there is nothing wrong with that, but you don't need to be buying your sister/brother a 2 million dollar home.

Edited by cliaz

it's a little strange that he was carrying 8500 in cash on him...

maybe more was going on than what was explained...

1374112[/snapback]

Probably watched a lot of "lets make a deal" in college and is simply leading hte life of an ... entrepreneur ... yeah, that's it.