[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Idiot Conspiracy

Voltaire

*Original Title was FF Ret@rd Conspiracy*

:D:D

I can't tell the guys in my league how I really feel. so I'm going to take it out on you all. I apologize in advance.

--Begin Rant---

These a$$holes complain that there's no talent in the draft pool. There's all kinds of talent. The problem is they can't draft for sh*t. I'm picking at the bottom of every draft, every waiver wire, every player I select every year. The only players I ever aquire are ones that were availible to them since they always get first dibs and pass.

I built my team on leftovers and scraps. I don't even ream them in unbalanced trades, that's the other competivite owners.

I never, ever get a whiff of any top shelf rookie RBs. After all the can't miss players in the 1st round are gone, the a$$holes are completly lost and can't fill out the rest of their roster. That's not my fault.

Yeah, I agree, the league is unbalanced. It's unbalanced because they're f*cking retards. Even though they pick first all the time, they never get better. Now they conspire to change the rules to raid the good teams' rosters.

--End Rant--

Anyways.... the vote as of now is 6-4 to change to a 15 player keeper (25 man roster) format with two votes not in.

But it's doomed to pass.

One owner not voting has the most sucky team ever recorded in FF history. He who would greatly beneift by this. The only reason the morons don't have seven votes yet is because this one owner is too lazy to open his email (much like his trade offers) to vote on this (his team is destroyed, a 25-player wasteland thorougly devoid of talent). No way he votes this down.

Right about now I need all of you to tell me how right I am and how sh*tty my leaguemates are for changing a fundamental rule midstream. Despite this one owner mentioned above, the others are great active people, some are just sick of losing all the time, while others feel bad for them.

I think they sh*t their own bed. There are already rules in place that if they wern't brain dead, they could easily rebuild their teams with proper managment.

You are sooooo right. It's sh*tty for your leaguemates to to change a fundamental rule midstream. But remember, despite the one owner mentioned above, the others are probably great active people. I bet some are just sick of losing all the time, while others feel bad for them. :D Does that help?

I feel like Dr. Phil. :D

In all seriousness, I've wondered how more dynasty leagues don't suffer this same fate -- and have attributed it to always finding noobs to replace the disheartened scrap teams after the league becomes imbalanced. Sounds like your guys aren't saavy enough to play dynasty, not willing to step out of it and join some free yahoo leagues instead, and are resorting to taking the whole ship down rather than plug the hole or lighten the ballast. Bummer.

Right you are. Your leaguemates are sh*tty for changing a fundamental rule midstream. That being said, I bet you that, with the excption of one or two, the other owners are great active people, and that some are just sick of losing all the time, while others feel bad for them.

Happens though. The company that my girlfriend at the time worked for needed a guy. I stepped up, paid my moneys, and won the league - two years in a row. Mysteriously, the following year they decided that the league would be intracompany. They dropped to 10 teams with 2 guys sharing a team. :D

That does suck, but why get involved in a league where there are people that don't really know what their doing in the first place? If you're calling them assh@les and ret@rds and saying they're braindead, then how good of a league did you expect in the first place? I feel bad that the rules are changing, but a blind man :D would have seen this coming.

Edited by Ralph Furley

That does suck, but why get involved in a league where there are people that don't really know what their doing in the first place?  If you're calling them assh@les and ret@rds and saying they're braindead, then how good of a league did you expect in the first place?  I feel bad that the rules are changing, but a blind man  :D would have seen this coming.

1387630[/snapback]

Actually, I like all the people. Three real life friends are in the league. The one owner I complain about, I don't know him even though he's been around for years now driving that team into the ground. I've no idea how/why he pays his league fee but he does. Another owner took over a disaster franchise last year -why people do this in a pay league, I have no idea- I don't know him that well either.

Ah... I'm just p*ssed off/ bummed out right about now.

I never insult them, only in this thread. :D Even when I get obnoxious trade offers, I don't go off. I've learned in my years of FF just to :D and let them slide. But you know... I can't tell them what I feel. Except very calm and reasonable.

Plus I, kind of already blew my gasket earlier this offseason when the commish interpreted a rule this year to benefit his team this year after interpreting the exact same circumstances different last year that was to my detriment.

You know, the air is extremely thin. 25 players x 12 teams is 300 players on rosters. I mean, for my part, there's never a moment that I didn't wish that I had more roster spots so stash a few more players. But you have to really play attention to identify the handful of gold nuggets in the sea of FA sh*t. I do, it's a labor of love.

There are breaks. Lots of players don't belong on rosters. At any given time, I can take half the teams in the league, cut 5 crap players and replace them with decent ones. Some teams I could do this with 10 players.

I know that it's unreasonable to think anybody else is as hooked on this hobby as I am, let alone 12 of them. Still we have our share of quality FF people. Four or five of 12 is a respectable enough ratio.

I've spent so much time and love worrying about/tweaking/perfecting the roster. Now I'm thinking maybe giving it away would be easier on my heart than cutting it down to fifteen. Disappointing.

On the one hand, it may be easier to start over in a new league, on the other I'm not sure I have the answers to prevent the sort of imbalance that we have now. Morons are good to take advantage of at first- but when they start abandoning crappy teams and conspire to change the rules to screw you, what can you do?

I, for one, would love the challenge to take on a lousy dynasty team and turn it around. But only in a free league. I don't want to subsidize everybody else for three years as I retool. On the other hand, I'm in enough free leagues, I prefer money leagues.

Dunno, dunno.

In all seriousness, I've wondered how more dynasty leagues don't suffer this same fate -- and have attributed it to always finding noobs to replace the disheartened scrap teams after the league becomes imbalanced.  Sounds like your guys aren't saavy enough to play dynasty,

1387529[/snapback]

Good info here. I'm not in any dynasty leagues, but it's always struck me that at the very least you need all the owners to be pretty much as savvy as each other on whatever level or you'll wind up with an unbalanced league that rapidly becomes funless. Ideally, all the owners would be very savvy, to the point where very serious attention is paid to entire college careers, minor nuances of defenses used, etc, etc, not just the guys on SportsCenter highlight reels.

The Huddle has a couple of these very high expertise leagues. I don't think dynasties are really practical outside the confines of the totally committed.

I'm commish of a 12 team, 10 player keeper league. While not exactly a dynasty, it does offer a healthy balance. Most teams are still in the playoff hunt going into the last week or two. We're heading in to year seven this fall, and we've had a new champ each year. Having a dynasty league or large keeper league can get some long term ribbing opportunities:

I traded away Chad Johnson in the beginning of the 2002 season for William Green and Ashley Lelie. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Voltaire,

My league, though not "thin air", is going through a similar change. We've been in existence for 8 years. One guy in the "AFC" has been somewhat dominant; I have been fairly dominant in the "NFC". Only one year did I not make it to the Conference championship game; only 3 years the other guy did not make it to his. I've won 3 SBs; he has won 2. While this happened to be a year where neither of us won it all, a few of the other guys felt like they were "trapped" with the bad teams they had built and voted that we start over from scratch this year. At first I was pissed (in fact, I made some trades last season to my 2005 detriment for the sake of building up my team for 2006 and beyond)... but I love the strategy of the draft, so I finally decided to just get over it and make the best of things. These guys are cool - just, as you said, not as into this habit/love/OBSESSION as I am.

This league I'm in is only 10-teams and 16-player squads (all offense). I saw on some other thread your description of a 25-player, 12-team "thin air" league which you are wondering about starting up. If it happens, I'd be very interested in participating.

For the record, I like the guys in this league... the day I posted that (a month ago)I was really, really p*ssed off. And frustrated. I should have been more polite they are good guys.

I've calmed down a lot since then... kind of embarassed to see this back on page one but I likned to it so it's my own fault

Edited by Voltaire

I think they'll be surprised that with the new format, they will continue to lose. :D

We did a "lets start over" thing in one of my leagues. The same teams that were successful before the towel was thrown were still successful after the redraft.

You might want to start taunting them with that now, so you can say "I told you so" at the end of next season. :D