[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joey Harrington

Flip_Side

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew Brees - quality coaching and management = Joey Harrington

I think Joey Jo Jo will preform more than admirably in this situation. He has been getting the same knocks that Brees had early in his career, before he was motivated by the Rivers selection.

Edited by wcd480

I like the moves the Fins have been making over the last two years. I like Saban as a coach, and I think this frachise is on the rise. It's worth noting that only the Lions fans are so down on Harrington, he did have a idiot GM, very poor WR's, no blocking up front and a cruddy running game. The Fins just solidified the most important position on the field, of no coinsidence that has been their weekness since Marino left. If I were a fan of this team I would start having high hopes for success as early as this year, especially how they ended last season on a high note and hungry for better things.

Assuming all this goes through the Fins are set for 10 years at QB with those 2 in the stable.

I hope you're right.  Not that I dislike Harrington, it would just be nice to have 3 QBs worth something on the roster (and if would make me feel better about the Feeley experiment)

Is he a big guy?  Mobile?

1428707[/snapback]

He's 6'2 215

Most black QBs are scramblers but this guy is a pocket passer

I like the moves the Fins have been making over the last two years. I like Saban as a coach, and I think this frachise is on the rise. It's worth noting that only the Lions fans are so down on Harrington, he did have a idiot GM, very poor WR's, no blocking up front and a cruddy running game. The Fins just solidified the most important position on the field, of no coinsidence that has been their weekness since Marino left. If I were a fan of this team I would start having high hopes for success as early as this year, especially how they ended last season on a high note and hungry for better things.

Assuming all this goes through the Fins are set for 10 years at QB with those 2 in the stable.

1428883[/snapback]

Joeys biggest fault is that he needs to grow a pair and start calling people out. Until he deos that he will continue to lose players on his team.

It's worth noting that only the Lions fans are so down on Harrington, he did have a idiot GM, very poor WR's, no blocking up front and a cruddy running game.

1428883[/snapback]

Maybe its because we're more familiar with him.

The last half of 2004, the Lions had one of the best (if not the best) running attacks in the league. The o-line was very good. Harrington still didn't do anything. Still missed open receivers. Still made bad decisions. Still wasn't a leader.

Harrington hasn't shown much of anything in the NFL. Ever. Game or practice.

Harrington is widely considered by his teammates as a douchebag. Aloof. Never genuinely took responsibility for anything. A champagne and caviar kind of guy. The perfect sort to lead a football team.

:D

Edited by Furd

Joeys biggest fault is that he needs to grow a pair and start calling people out.  Until he deos that he will continue to lose players on his team.

1428995[/snapback]

No, Joey's biggest fault is that he is a crappy decision maker with little accuracy and a sub-par NFL arm. If Joey tried to "call people out" he'd get laughed at, as his performance has been terrible for the last four years.

No, Joey's biggest fault is that he is a crappy decision maker with little accuracy and a sub-par NFL arm.  If Joey tried to "call people out" he'd get laughed at, as his performance has been terrible for the last four years.

1429033[/snapback]

Not that I disagree, I want him gone as well. I do think that he is to much of a feline to be a QB in the NFL.

1428883[/snapback]

Sorry, but Lions fans aren't the only ones who are down on Joey. If he's so great, why is the best opportunity he'll get a backup role?

The entire league knows Joey is a lower-than-average NFL QB. The only people I've heard talk about Joey's great, unrealized talent are the Oregon fans that still infest Detroit Lions message boards.

So Harrington goes from being the #3 overall pick in 2002 to now being traded for a 2007 6th rd pick.

Brilliant.

1428700[/snapback]

Hey maybe we will get lucky with a 6th for the junk we are trying to get rid of. Hell, T. Brady was a 6th round pick.

Drew Brees - quality coaching and management = Joey Harrington

I think Joey Jo Jo will preform more than admirably in this situation.  He has been getting the same knocks that Brees had early in his career, before he was motivated by the Rivers selection.

1428778[/snapback]

Didn't Drew Brees also get coached by Martz for a year or two? That would have a lot to do with it as well.

Sorry, but Lions fans aren't the only ones who are down on Joey.  If he's so great, why is the best opportunity he'll get a backup role?

The entire league knows Joey is a lower-than-average NFL QB.  The only people I've heard talk about Joey's great, unrealized talent are the Oregon fans that still infest Detroit Lions message boards.

1429047[/snapback]

Given Harringtons statistics over the last four years he is definitely not a 'lower than average QB' but I'd say at best he is an average QB, which makes for a great backup. I don't think he has what it takes to compete during all 16 games of the season (unless he had a stellar team surrounding him) but if the chance came where the team needed a backup for a few games--harrington should be the man.

he has to be an upgrade to Gus ((despite Gus knowing the system))

1429401[/snapback]

I would not bet he is better or worse than Frerotte, I think both can get the job done as a backup, and possibly as a starter.

Harrington would make a excellent backup IMO. I would trade a 6th rounder for him. that being said, I am glad he is gone, he has lost his confidence here and needed for hisself and the Lions to move on.

harrington will make a decent back up qb for a year! I can see Miami cutting him at the end of the year

Miami needs O-Line Help and another RB (in case williams gets the boot)

1429651[/snapback]

The only good thing Harrington has going for him is that the Dolphins don't have any other good QB's. :D