[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Finally Someone completely agrees with me

Sgt. Ryan

When you look back at the Jordan draft the Rockets made a "mistake" in drafting a center that is one of the 10 best if not 5 best players ever at his position. tThat player lead them to two World titles. If this Houston franchise makes the same "mistake" and Vince Young is Jordan, while Bush is Hakeem then I will just live with. As long as we are not Portland.

When you look back at the Jordan draft the Rockets made a "mistake" in drafting a center that is one of the 10 best if not 5 best players ever at his position.  tThat player lead them to two World titles. If this Houston franchise makes the same "mistake" and Vince Young is Jordan, while Bush is Hakeem then I will just live with. As long as we are not Portland.

1433834[/snapback]

Hakeem was a great choice. As Worthy said later. We knew Michael was good, but never thought he'd be "The Man".

Now Sam Bowie at #2 was a mistake.

Young will fall granted Titans go with Cutler/Leinart

Young + Lamont + Moss + Porter = Lethal

Moss stretches the defenders deep to give VY some running room, and if they play up to contain the run, he hits Moss deep or Lamont in the flat.

You have no idea how much I'm praying...

1432849[/snapback]

Heh...I thought Raiders fans were saying the same thing when Moss signed and it was Moss + Collins (ouch) + Lamont + Porter.

I think Young will be something else, but just because all those weapons would be on the same team doesnt mean much.

That's funny because I've always viewed Skip Bayless as a big moran.  I can't think of one time that I've agreed with him.  Now about VY, I'm not sure how he will turn out but I am anxious to watch and find out.

1432841[/snapback]

the fact that Skip thinks he is going to be great really solidifies his spot as a 1st round bust....

if VY is "Jordanesque"...then he should play basketball...a game where you can get away with being a sole individual known for carrying your team as long as the supporting cast can mesh....

not only does his delivery look bad...his throws have too much air under them...

I watched part of one college game last year....it was the championship game and I said.."wow...if his throws are like that in the NFL, he'll break the record in INT's in a season/career"......the ball just floats and gives a defender way too much time to get under it...

And also, to talk about someone who hasn't even played a down in the NFL in the terms of "Jordanesque" is idiotic.

1433829[/snapback]

You are such an idiot. Young was already Jordanesque, while in college, where he single handedly won the National Championship over what was previously being called the greatest college football team ever. Your ignorance brings down the intelligence of every thread you post in. Do yourself and all of us a favor, and start posting in the advice column, they could sure use you there. :D

the fact that Skip thinks he is going to be great really solidifies his spot as a 1st round bust....

if VY is "Jordanesque"...then he should play basketball...a game where you can get away with being a sole individual known for carrying your team as long as the supporting cast can mesh....

not only does his delivery look bad...his throws have too much air under them...

I watched part of one college game last year....it was the championship game and I said.."wow...if his throws are like that in the NFL, he'll break the record in INT's in a season/career"......the ball just floats and gives a defender way too much time to get under it...

1433997[/snapback]

Well Vince got away with being the sole individual known for carrying his team to the National Championship without much of a supporting cast in college. Lets just say he has work to do, but anyone who doubts the kid is an idiot after watching his talent, heart, and unflappable demeanor in the crunch of that Championship game. Ive never seen anything like that Championship game, where one person single handedly overcame a 12 pt lead with 4 minutes left vs one of the so called best college teams of all time. You would be hard pressed to give an example of anything that even comes close to what Young did in that game, on that stage, under those circumstances. But feel free to list them.

Well Vince got away with being the sole individual known for carrying his team to the National Championship without much of a supporting cast in college.  Lets just say he has work to do, but anyone who doubts the kid is an idiot after watching his talent, heart, and unflappable demeanor in the crunch of that Championship game. Ive never seen anything like that Championship game, where one person single handedly overcame a 12 pt lead with 4 minutes left vs one of the so called best college teams of all time.  You would be hard pressed to give an example of anything that even comes close to what Young did in that game, on that stage, under those circumstances.  But feel free to list them.

1434151[/snapback]

unless he vastly improves his throwing mechanics...he won't be much better than Vick ina generation that knows how to prepare for such a QB...

and people try to doubt him based off his wonderlic score...that's one thing I hate....because he's played football for years...he knows football...if he took the wonderlic test for years and had to take it, I'd bet he would have a perfect score...

the wonderlic score does not translate into a great football player...

I still think his physical ability outweighs his ability to read a defense..

skip bayless makes him some great tor-TEEEEE-yas though. oh wait, is that the same guy? :D

seriously, i've been saying at least since the rose bowl that vince young is the best prospect in this draft at ANY position. the guy is the kind of football player that just doesn't come along very often at all. leinart and cutler are absolutely pedestrian by comparison, they can't even carry VY's jock. you know who agrees with me? leinart's USC teammate, lendale white..

For those who don't believe Young can make such a difference, listen to running back LenDale White, Leinart's teammate at Southern California. White probably would have been the MVP of the college championship game in January had Young not taken the honor away for Texas.

"I would never trade away the three years I had with Matt as my quarterback," White said. "But if I was an NFL team, I don't know how you could not take Vince Young. A quarterback's job is to control the game. When a guy throws for 260 and runs for 200 in the biggest game of the year, he doesn't just control a game, he shows he can completely take it over.

"Nothing against Matt, but Vince has to be the No. 1 guy."

if VY slips to the raiders i am going to be BUMMED :D

You are such an idiot.  Young was already  Jordanesque, while  in college, where he single handedly won the National Championship over what was previously being called the greatest college football team ever.  Your ignorance brings down the intelligence of every thread you post in.  Do yourself and all of us a favor, and start posting in the advice column,  they could sure use you there.  :D

1434143[/snapback]

If you are defining "Jordanesque" as someone who takes over and wins for their team, then I no doubt agree with you. No can can deny that he put the Longhorn team on his back and carried them to the national championship. I still think it's crazy to compare someone to Jordan in any way, shape, or form. When people do that, they are understating what Jordan did. Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time. Fine, you can say you think Vince Young will be a Hall of Fame quarterback; that's the fun of sports as we have each have different opinions and like to state them. But to say that Vince Young will be the Michael Jordan of football is a bit of a stretch. Let him play a little and then we'll see if he can carry those "Jordanesque" qualities over to the NFL.

skip bayless makes him some great tor-TEEEEE-yas though.  oh wait, is that the same guy? :D

seriously, i've been saying at least since the rose bowl that vince young is the best prospect in this draft at ANY position.  the guy is the kind of football player that just doesn't come along very often at all.  leinart and cutler are absolutely pedestrian by comparison, they can't even carry VY's jock.  you know who agrees with me?  leinart's USC teammate, lendale white..

if VY slips to the raiders i am going to be BUMMED  :D

1434373[/snapback]

White sounds like he has the kind of analysis ESPN would be interested in...

taking over a college game is nothing like taking over an NFL game...the speed, smarts and talent out there is like night and day...

I just don't see him being able to do this in the NFL...but that's JMO...

White sounds like he has the kind of analysis ESPN would be interested in...

taking over a college game is nothing like taking over an NFL game...the speed, smarts and talent out there is like night and day...

I just don't see him being able to do this in the NFL...but that's JMO...

1434397[/snapback]

Vick learned this out in a pregame against Baltimore. :D