[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deep Sleeper Pick you HAVE to get?

dfv87

Okay homer pick here, but I like WR Bernard Berrian on the Bears. He is in his 3rd year as a pro which is the "break-out" year for WR (I rarely buy into this). Right now he is slated to be the 2nd WR on the bears, he is a burner with the defenses focusing on Mushin Berrian can exploit defenses deep. The only other problem with this pick is our #3 WR right now is challening him for the #2 spot (Bradley) and he should a lot of promise last year before getting hurt.

Last thing, the bears do not look like a team that will be passing the ball a lot with Lovie Smith, they will most likely run the ball, eat the clock and let the defense do all the work. But if Griese is in there the Offense can be very dynamic IMO.

I also like rookie WR for Green Bay (can't remember his name of the top of my head) they will be throwing a lot and from what I hear he will be starting.

And I promise last one, S. Parker on KC has A LOT of potential on a KC offense that is begging for a stand-out WR to take pressure of LJ & Gonzalez. Trent has a good arm and is accurate could make for a nice later round pick.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May not be much of a sleeper but my guess pick would be A. Bryant in SF. He's going to be around in the latter rounds and he is (for what it's worth) the #1 WR for SF. I think he has a decent year

He certainly was fairly solid in a bad situation in Cleveland last season.

With Smith's apparent improvement, you could probably do worse than snagging him late.

I also like rookie WR for Green Bay (can't remember his name of the top of my head) they will be throwing a lot and from what I hear he will be starting.

Greg Jennings - very deep

I picked him up in the 32 Homers draft this week. Definite sleeper material due to Martz in Detroit and the fact that Mike Williams and Charles Rogers are the ultimate underachievers.

I am in 2 32 homer leagues and whiffed on him in both. at the time of the draft I was thinking Vines would pull that job out. it was a major mistake by me in both leagues.

I knew Rogers or Williams had no chance. I just thought Bradford was more made as a #3 WR.

I am down wit' both Vincent Jackson AND Derek Hagen. Both these guys could have great #3 WR moving up to #2 potential as the season goes on.

I have heard talk of VJ being the same type of talent as TO but with a "straight" head. Time will tell, but there is A LOT of excitement in Boltville this year!

Brandon Marshall, WR, Denver.

Rod Smith is 36 and Javon is coming off a serious knee injury. I like this kids size (6-4 222) and he has decent enough speed to go with, 4.57. Think he has more up side than Watts or Adams.

you are wise beyond your ears...

Derek Hagan WR MIA the guy is currently their #2WR but many will draft Marty Booker first(he is nursing an injury) but Hagan is a nice sleeper...alos travis wilson WR CLEV fits the bill of a DEEP SLEEPER...if braylon isnt ready to go or suffers a set back he should be the #2 for CLEV....unfortunately its CLEV so temper your expectations

reports outta camp have Wilson looking lost.

Homer Pick: Charles Rogers

I consider a "deep sleeper" one that will be picked in rounds 14-18 or go undrafted. Rogers has the talent and the offense...if he can get a little momentum and personal motivation, look out.

Another would be Arnaz Battle. He was having a decent season last year until injuries and Alex Smith.

for all of you people saying charles rogers, good luck with that. peter king of S.I. seems pretty sure that the kitties will be cutting mr. rogers and his neighborhood. was just a quick blurb on his monday morning qb piece or i would post it.

With his talent, he's bound to catch on and make an impact somewhere. :D

I like the kid in Philly Hank Baskett as my deep sleeper, My other sleeper if he actually is one but going to a new team he could slip a little is Nate Burelson.

Hasselbeck looked pissed the other day when he didn't catch that deep left sideline pass. Burleson needs to take the ball and not let it come to his body.

I like him too this year as DJax may not be back day 1, but he has to do better.