[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hugh's Fantasy Insight 101 is now in session.

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in a performance league and we start two RB's and two WR's. My RB's are LT, K.Jones, Gore, Mike Bell, Wali Lundy. Wr Torry Holt, Boldin, T Williamson.

I'm thinking of trying to get some more strength at WR. Should I trade Mike Bell for Roy Williams?

What about Burress, or Andre Johnson?

Thanks

Hugh good to see that u r still here....

just wondering what you think of my team listed in my sig....

we start

1 QB

2 RB

3 WR

1 flex wr/rb

1 TE

1 K

1 Def

I would also like to hear your thoughts on Benson, Branch and M.Williams.

and 1 more Q? Do you think Rudi J is durable enuff or should I hang on to his b/u Perry, just in case??? ok thats it....lol

thanks for your dedication and all around good advice every year :D

Edited by jarhead

you are the man hugh. Good advice at a good price :D

Any how, My team this is turning out great. lots of trade helped me get to where I am. But my WR core is suffering. Who should I attempt to trade for and who should I give up.

My Roster

QB: Bulger, DMac, Simms

RB: SJax, Westbrook, Caddy

WR: Boldin, Housyourmamma, Rod Smith, Coles

TE: Crumpler

K: Graham

DST: Broncos, Chargers

1pt/10 rush or rec

1pt/25 passing

6pt/ all TDs

I like the Eagles schedule and I am also a big believer in having a teams qb and rb starting at the same time. If the pass you get a point, if they run you get a point.

Thanks for the advice

With Bulger, SJax, Caddy, Boldin and Housh, you have a nice lineup. You also have the depth. Maybe package one of these guys with a QB and go for Holt or CJ. Not sure. You're in pretty good shape actually. 3 good RB's, nice QB depth (which you need with Bulger because he always gets hurt), and 2 nice WR's. I know you're looking for that 3rd WR, and you have the QB depth and RB depth to make something happen, but don't go crazy and give too much away for a bye week WR.

Hugh, I would appreciate your considered opion on this team. I picked 11th in a 12 team league. I wasn't happy with my position, but here is the team I selected, in order of selection. Give me some feedback on this team. We play 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1PK, 1DEF, and 1 flex:RB,WR or TE.

1 Steven Jackson RB Stl

2Carnell Williams RB Tb

3 Donald Driver WR Gb

4 Derrick Mason WR Bal

5 Drew Bledsoe QB Dal

6 Eli Manning QB Nyg

7 Indy DEF

8 Dominic Rhodes RB Ind

9 Randy McMichael TE Mia

10 Mark Clayton WR Bal(didn't realize til after the draft, that I picked both bal WRs...looking to trade now)

11 Jay Feely PK Nyg

12 Eric Moulds WR Hou

13 Brett Farve QB Gb

14 Dallas Clark TE Ind

15 Jeff reed PK phi

16 Phil Def

17 Justin Mccariens WR Nyj

18 Stephen Davis RB Stl

Please tell me you opinions of my team, strenghts, weaknesses etc. I did the best I could at #11.

I want to trade for Matt Jones WR Jax or Terry Glenn WR Dal. I think they will make an impact on their teams and could be excellent backups or flex players for my team. Matt Jones was my super sleeper, but I slept too long on him !!

Ignore my signature if it shows up. it is from two seasons ago and I wil change it today. I live in new orleans and we did not play last season coz of the Hurricane!

You're nice at QB with Manning and Bledsoe, but I'm never a fan of drafting backups before my starting lineup is full. You did this, and as a result, your flex position is pretty weak. SJax and Caddy are a nice 1-2 punch at RB, Eli/Bledsoe will be a nice starting QB (you should trade one of these guys, you don't need both and have Favre as a bye week filler) but are pretty weak at WR. McMichael is a solid pick for a TE mandatory league as well. I think you hae a decent team. With a little manuevering, you can shore up your WR's and be a contender.

Welcome back Hugh,

I posted this separately but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I'm considering offering D.Rhodes for T.Jones. It would basically be a handcuff swap trade. Here's the situation:

Scoring: 1 pt. for 10 yds. rush/rec. and 6pts for TD.

My RBs are D.Rhodes, C.Benson, M.Bell, C.Taylor.

My potential trading partner has J.Addai and T.Jones along with S.Alexander.

I know he'll accept Rhodes for Jones if I offer it. Basically I'm taking the CHI running game for the IND running game which may not be a great deal but I need more potential production at RB and I know he won't give up Addai so it's my only option. It does offer me a virtual lock on whomever emerges as the #1 back in CHI.

What do you think?

What is T.O. going to do this year? Be hurt? Put up 1300-12? Cause Parcells' head to explode?

I can make a deal for T.O. pretty cheap - a deal I would have jumped on 2 weeks ago. But with the hammy, the fines, etc. I'm worried about hurting my RB depth for him. The deal is T.O., Morency and Musa Smith for Dunn, Norwood and Bryant (see rules/roster in sig).

I'd still have some depth at RB with Gore and the backups - Smith, Morency and Barber. I'm also still protected if T.O. REALLY ticks Parcells off and gets suspended or cut or something with Jackson and Williams, who are my starters right now.

Do I need to jump on this deal, or run away? :D

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I should have noted I start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def. No keepers.

If I could answer that first question, I'd be able to make a lit of money. :D

I would take a chance on Owens. Especially for that price. If he flounders, it won't kill you, if he plays like we all know he can, he can bring you a championship. Worth a shot imo.

Hugh One - Hey good to see you again in "The Huddle!" :D

I just posted this in Fantasy Advice, but I saw your post so I thought I'd ask you too. Thanks for taking our (fellow-huddlers) questions again! ...

I'm in a redraft/performance scoring league. 6pts for TDs (more pts for longer TDs); 1pt for every 25 yds rushed; 4 pts for every 4 rec; 3pts for 15 rushes (2 more pts if a rb has 25 rushes); 1pt for every 25 rec.

I have Greg Jones on my roster. If he goes on IR, I could immediately pick up a free waiver move (even before the 1st wk). The following RBs are available:

Jerious Norwood (I read that DD may not even make the roster)

Wali Lundy

Vernand Morency

Brandon Jacobs

Michael Bennett KC

Maurice Morris - I have S Alexander

Pittman

Who would you choose? I believe it will be down to Norwood or Lundy. Last night I was thinking Norwood. Today Lundy is just as much of an option (with Kubiak announcing that Lundy <if the season started today> would be the starter).

Thanks Hugh One!!! :D

Also....

what do you think of the D.Davis situation. I have kept him the last two years but it looks more and more like he may not even play. Would you still keep him or should I keep Lee Evans instead? Thanks in advance.

Keeper/auction std. perf.

I think Domanick Davis is done. Unfortunately. I like the guy, but when you start hearing things like "PUP" and "IR", it's usually not a good thing.

From Priority News:

Domanick Davis - RB, Houston Texans 08/28/06

Domanick Davis is in danger of not making the team at the 53 man roster purge on Saturday, August 2nd. Davis missed virtually the entire offseason rehabbing from knee surgery in December and after the first week of training camp he has been out with a bruised left knee that is unrelated to the knee that had arthroscopic surgery. There is speculation that Davis has a chronic condition in his knee. "I'm very concerned," HC Gary Kubiak said. "There's not much we can do about it, but I'm very concerned about that situation. It'll be a tough decision for the final 53. We'll make the decision based on what's best for Domanick and the team."

Huddle Up: Davis cannot be placed on the PUP list because he did pass the team's physical before camp started. He could remain on the roster and wait to be healthy or he can be on injured reserve and end his season. Or his could be cut since the new coaching regime has no ties to him. Of all the things that could happen to Davis, probably the worst thing would be for him to find a way onto your roster.

If I could answer that first question, I'd be able to make a lit of money. :D

I would take a chance on Owens. Especially for that price. If he flounders, it won't kill you, if he plays like we all know he can, he can bring you a championship. Worth a shot imo.

As his price kept dropping, it got more and more tempting. Thanks for your input!

Hugh, I have a serious problem. I'm looking to take a back-up kicker in the 10th round and I can't decide between Vanderjagt and Mike Nugent. Any insight would be appreciated, as I think this decision could decide my championship.

I would draft the back up kicker much earlier. You should draft your first kicker, depending on how the draft is flowing, no later than the 4th round. Than, just to be safe so you have a good bye week kicker, I usually take my backup kicker in round 5. Good luck.

hey Hugh, whatsup..

this question stems from the thread you replied in where I only have Rivers and Carr at QB in a 12 team keeper...

I dropped Porter and Carr for Favre and Jennings, but am still unsatisfied with my #2 QB as I think Rivers makes a good #2...instead he's my #1, even though that wasn't the plan..

anyways it's a PPR league, 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1K 1D/ST

I am looking to move Burleson and Duckett for Bulger, here are our rosters

my team:

QB - Rivers, Favre

RB - Caddy, CTaylor, MBell, Addai, Duckett, MMoore and Pittman

WR - Fitz, Mason, MiClayton, Burleson and jennings

TE - Watson, Winslow

his team:

QB - Brady, Bulger

RB - SA, Portis, MBarber, MaMorris

WR - Plaxico, RSmith, McCardell, Keyshawn

TE - HMiller, ASmith

he has an open roster spot, so he can accept a 2 for 1...do you think this is a trade that is at least even or worthwhile for both parties?

preciate it..

Hmmm. I'd tell you to go scratch if you offered me a mediocre #2 WR and backup RB for a possible top 5 QB. If you think you can pull it off, good for you. That being said, Bulger can't stay healthy, so just keep that in mind, but you'd have a QB upgrade, and the depth to live with Bulger if he misses a few games. Great trade for you, but he'll never go for it.

Good luck. :D

Hmmm. I'd tell you to go scratch if you offered me a mediocre #2 WR and backup RB for a possible top 5 QB. If you think you can pull it off, good for you. That being said, Bulger can't stay healthy, so just keep that in mind, but you'd have a QB upgrade, and the depth to live with Bulger if he misses a few games. Great trade for you, but he'll never go for it.

Good luck. :D

I figured Duckett could start week 1 and Bulger is injury prone....but yeah, I'll wait to see what he says....

preciate it..

What's up Hugh!

What are your thought's on Edge this year?

I like Edge. I know the O-line is suspect, but they have two WR's that each had over 100 catches and each had over 1400 yards receiving last year. That's pretty incredible. With those WR's spreading the field, the running game should be wide open, and a proven/seasoned back like Edge should have a field day. Edge is also a great receiving RB which will help as well. I have him as the #5 RB.

Hugh,

I'm fairly happy with my squad (see below), except for my RB depth. Starters are fine, but backups are Ahman Green and Chris Brown, with Arrington as a handcuff for Edge. Will one of Green or Brown be productive enough this year to be a decent #3 RB option, or, do I need to upgrade at RB? In the past, when I have had three really good RBs, I have had to pull my hair out each week deciding which two to start, which is one reason why I did not take my #3 RB very early in my draft. Thanks for any input!

I think you're OK. You can't have everything, and your starting lineup is solid, and you have decent backups. Brown is obviously an injury risk, and Green will struggle on a terrible Green Bay team, but as bye week fillers/backups, they're fine.

Hugh,

Just curious as to where you think I can upgrade my teams in my sig. Both are 12 team leagues w/ standard scoring (team 1 is ppr). I obviously waited on QB's in both (10th and 11th round in both leagues) and I already know your distaste for Plummer and any Lion player so no comment necessary there.

Thanks

Hugh

I can only take 3 RB's on my team in a 10 team draft. I got LT, Chester Taylor and Mike Bell.

There are a few RB's still availiable on Waivers Duece, Dillion, Lundy, Foster.

Chester has looked terrible in pre season and I'm having second thoughts on Mike Bell in Denver. Are any of the remaining guys and there luggage worth dropping Mike Bell or Taylor for. Or should I just wait things out?

Thanks

Performance scoring. Can only start 2 RB's each week.

I'm in a performance league and we start two RB's and two WR's. My RB's are LT, K.Jones, Gore, Mike Bell, Wali Lundy. Wr Torry Holt, Boldin, T Williamson.

I'm thinking of trying to get some more strength at WR. Should I trade Mike Bell for Roy Williams?

What about Burress, or Andre Johnson?

Thanks

I'd be careful, and here's why. With LT you have a stud, no question, but your #2 RB is weak. You have depth, which is nice, but of Gore, KJ, Bell and Lundy, I'm not sure which one will end up being the best. Several could falter, so if you trade away your depth, it may hurt you. If they all end up being good, you can make a move a few weeks into the season, since you have Hold and Boldin to hold you over.

Don't trade for Roy Williams. Ever. :D

If a few of your backup RB's produce, you'll be able to package one with Williamson and get a real good WR. Sit tight for now.

Hugh-

Caddy vs. Lamont. I have Lamont. I like his workload and goal line carries. I can get Caddy, like his workload and not his goal line carries. Oakland sucks and Tampa probably won't. Non ppr league, who do you like?

Hugh good to see that u r still here....

just wondering what you think of my team listed in my sig....

we start

1 QB

2 RB

3 WR

1 flex wr/rb

1 TE

1 K

1 Def

I would also like to hear your thoughts on Benson, Branch and M.Williams.

and 1 more Q? Do you think Rudi J is durable enuff or should I hang on to his b/u Perry, just in case??? ok thats it....lol

thanks for your dedication and all around good advice every year :D

I'm not crazy about your QB's, not sure what McNabb can do without a WR, and Donte Stallworth is not the second coming of TO. Brad Johnson is a good bye week option. Not crazy bout your WR's. Harrison is old and Wayne will be the primary target this year, DJax coming off the injury is a bit of a question mark. Branch isn't playing, and Clayton and Williams are nothing special. Like your RB's, Westy and Rudi are a nice 1-2 punch. Not sure what's going to happen in Chicago. I like the fact that you backed up your two best players with Perry and Buckhalter. Hold onto those guys. Winslow/McMichael is a nice TE combo, possible trade bait for the future.

Decent team. Good luck. :D

Hugh, why are you longer doing a fantasy advice column?

Because DMD told me that my information was too good, and I was showing him up, so he told me I had to stop with the Free Fantasy Advice because he was making members pay for his lame information, or he'd ban me. So now I'm here, incognito. :D

Welcome back Hugh,

I posted this separately but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I'm considering offering D.Rhodes for T.Jones. It would basically be a handcuff swap trade. Here's the situation:

Scoring: 1 pt. for 10 yds. rush/rec. and 6pts for TD.

My RBs are D.Rhodes, C.Benson, M.Bell, C.Taylor.

My potential trading partner has J.Addai and T.Jones along with S.Alexander.

I know he'll accept Rhodes for Jones if I offer it. Basically I'm taking the CHI running game for the IND running game which may not be a great deal but I need more potential production at RB and I know he won't give up Addai so it's my only option. It does offer me a virtual lock on whomever emerges as the #1 back in CHI.

What do you think?

Good, smart move. Having half of a RBBC kinda sucks, and in Indy it will remain a RBBC imo, while in Chicago you will have a feature back, but nobody knows who it will be.

Hugh, thanks for the evaluation of my team. you did mention upgrading at WR. I have an oppurtunity to trade one of my QBs for Torry Holt. I don't think he would go for B farve so it will probably be Bledsoe or Eli Manning for holt. He also has Marvin harrison and says he doesn't want to trade him. Should I push for a Manning/harrison trade or am I better with Holt. Also should I try to push the issue with B Farve? Overall, which QB should I look to let go??

Thanks, Jailbirds