[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hugh's Fantasy Insight 101 is now in session.

Hugh 0ne

OK, since a bunch of you fokkers decided to copy my Free Fantasy Advice threads last year, I've come up with a new name for my weekly thread. No worries, you'll get the same quality advice, just under a different title. :D

So, without further ado, class is in session. Anyone who does not raise there hand will be dealt with in an appropriate manner. :D

Fire away. :D

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugh, why are there so many disenfranchised, angry posters on this board? Did Reggie Bush trcik THEM into taking him #1, too?

The huddle is cyclical. For those of us that have been here for a while, we see the same exact thing year in year out. You get a bunch of new posters that get hazed a little by some of the older posters, instead of embracing it as a right of passage, the new posters start name calling, and before you know it, all hell breaks loose. If you can sift through all of that, you'll find a lot of great information and great people here at the huddle, so sit back and enjoy the ride. :D

I can keep Benson this year. What do you think will happen with the Bears running game this year? I'm sure it won't be rbbc.

Keeper/auction/performance league. I have $220 to work with. $10 for Benson or $19 for Brady. I am thinking Brady is a no brainer. ??????

I can keep Benson this year. What do you think will happen with the Bears running game this year? I'm sure it won't be rbbc.

Keeper/auction/performance league. I have $220 to work with. $10 for Benson or $19 for Brady. I am thinking Brady is a no brainer. ??????

Brady for $19 is a no-brainer, just hope that the Branch situation gets resolved. Benson for $10 is probably worth a shot as well. If he can get healthy, and stop acting like a dooosh, he should be able to wrestle the starting position away from Jones, although it's not a given, but again, for $10, it's worth a shot, especially in a keeper league.

Hugh..

Nicely done old friend...I like the new title.

Question for you...

I play in a 12 team, one keeper league. My keeper this year is rather thin but will be servicable...that being FWP. I have the 9th pick in our serpentine draft (this coming Friday). The other keeper lay out as follows:

LJ, Alexander, Tomlinson, Jackson, Brown, Holt, Manning, James, Cadillac, Barber & Portis.

My question is where would you go in at the 1.09 and 2.04 picks? I'm thinking the RB's that will fall to me in the 1st round are: K Jones, J Jones, Dunn, C Taylor and Gore, but I may be able to go after a stud WR such as Fitz, Moss, Chambers, Boldin Wayne etc.

I'm thinking to pick up the best RB on the board (because Willie needs a little help) in the first round and go for the best WR at the 2.04 spot.

Any thoughts? Would you do anything different? Anyone out there that you're high on that may fall to me?

Thanks man.

Should I drop Cedric Houston or Mark Clayton to pick up Wali Lundy? I currently have the following depth at the rb and wr position:

rb--SA, Jamal Lewis, D. Rhodes, Mike Bell

wr--Holt, Boldin, Muhammed, Troy Williamson.

Scoring:

6pts TD

2pts/10 yds rushed

1pt/10 yds received

3pts/reception...both rb's and wr's

I like Lundy and think he's got a shot should DD falter this year. I can't decide who I'd rather keep should I pick him up. Either way, both options that I can drop are the 5th picks at each position!

Your thoughts oh great one...er, I mean Hugh 0ne!

Hugh..

Nicely done old friend...I like the new title.

Question for you...

I play in a 12 team, one keeper league. My keeper this year is rather thin but will be servicable...that being FWP. I have the 9th pick in our serpentine draft (this coming Friday). The other keeper lay out as follows:

LJ, Alexander, Tomlinson, Jackson, Brown, Holt, Manning, James, Cadillac, Barber & Portis.

My question is where would you go in at the 1.09 and 2.04 picks? I'm thinking the RB's that will fall to me in the 1st round are: K Jones, J Jones, Dunn, C Taylor and Gore, but I may be able to go after a stud WR such as Fitz, Moss, Chambers, Boldin Wayne etc.

I'm thinking to pick up the best RB on the board (because Willie needs a little help) in the first round and go for the best WR at the 2.04 spot.

Any thoughts? Would you do anything different? Anyone out there that you're high on that may fall to me?

Thanks man.

McGahee at 1.09 would be great, and then Chad Johnson at 2.04. That's who I'd take in those spots if they're available. Parker, CJ and McGahee would be a nice start in a 12 team league.

O.K. I'm looking very deep here but -

Question: should I pick-up Domanick Davis' back-up Lundi or Chris Brown from Tennessee?

Note- this would be for depth only, my 5th rb. or is there no value here at all?

:D

Well, Lundy is kinda the starter, but an unproven back, and will split carries.

Brown is the starter, but has 2 people breathing down his neck, and is bound to get injured.

Tough call. If you're feeling lucky, Lundy's the riskier pick but might have more upside. I think it's worth a shot, it looks like Domanick Davis is about to be done for the year.

Well, Lundy is kinda the starter, but an unproven back, and will split carries.

Brown is the starter, but has 2 people breathing down his neck, and is bound to get injured.

Tough call. If you're feeling lucky, Lundy's the riskier pick but might have more upside. I think it's worth a shot, it looks like Domanick Davis is about to be done for the year.

Not sure of the etiquette here(since that seems to be a big subject lately) - but Thanks for the advice !!!!

Should I drop Cedric Houston or Mark Clayton to pick up Wali Lundy? I currently have the following depth at the rb and wr position:

rb--SA, Jamal Lewis, D. Rhodes, Mike Bell

wr--Holt, Boldin, Muhammed, Troy Williamson.

Scoring:

6pts TD

2pts/10 yds rushed

1pt/10 yds received

3pts/reception...both rb's and wr's

I like Lundy and think he's got a shot should DD falter this year. I can't decide who I'd rather keep should I pick him up. Either way, both options that I can drop are the 5th picks at each position!

Your thoughts oh great one...er, I mean Hugh 0ne!

Cedric Houston is currently pretty much useless. Lundy is the starting RB currently, and will probably be given a chance to carry the load. If he can handle it, well, that is another question, but he's certainly worth more than Houston.

you are the man hugh. Good advice at a good price :D

Any how, My team this is turning out great. lots of trade helped me get to where I am. But my WR core is suffering. Who should I attempt to trade for and who should I give up.

My Roster

QB: Bulger, DMac, Simms

RB: SJax, Westbrook, Caddy

WR: Boldin, Housyourmamma, Rod Smith, Coles

TE: Crumpler

K: Graham

DST: Broncos, Chargers

1pt/10 rush or rec

1pt/25 passing

6pt/ all TDs

I like the Eagles schedule and I am also a big believer in having a teams qb and rb starting at the same time. If the pass you get a point, if they run you get a point.

Thanks for the advice

you are the man hugh. Good advice at a good price :D

Any how, My team this is turning out great. lots of trade helped me get to where I am. But my WR core is suffering. Who should I attempt to trade for and who should I give up.

My Roster

QB: Bulger, DMac, Simms

RB: SJax, Westbrook, Caddy

WR: Boldin, Housyourmamma, Rod Smith, Coles

TE: Crumpler

K: Graham

DST: Broncos, Chargers

1pt/10 rush or rec

1pt/25 passing

6pt/ all TDs

I like the Eagles schedule and I am also a big believer in having a teams qb and rb starting at the same time. If the pass you get a point, if they run you get a point.

Thanks for the advice

What are your starting requirements?

Hugh, I would appreciate your considered opion on this team. I picked 11th in a 12 team league. I wasn't happy with my position, but here is the team I selected, in order of selection. Give me some feedback on this team. We play 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1PK, 1DEF, and 1 flex:RB,WR or TE.

1 Steven Jackson RB Stl

2Carnell Williams RB Tb

3 Donald Driver WR Gb

4 Derrick Mason WR Bal

5 Drew Bledsoe QB Dal

6 Eli Manning QB Nyg

7 Indy DEF

8 Dominic Rhodes RB Ind

9 Randy McMichael TE Mia

10 Mark Clayton WR Bal(didn't realize til after the draft, that I picked both bal WRs...looking to trade now)

11 Jay Feely PK Nyg

12 Eric Moulds WR Hou

13 Brett Farve QB Gb

14 Dallas Clark TE Ind

15 Jeff reed PK phi

16 Phil Def

17 Justin Mccariens WR Nyj

18 Stephen Davis RB Stl

Please tell me you opinions of my team, strenghts, weaknesses etc. I did the best I could at #11.

I want to trade for Matt Jones WR Jax or Terry Glenn WR Dal. I think they will make an impact on their teams and could be excellent backups or flex players for my team. Matt Jones was my super sleeper, but I slept too long on him !!

Ignore my signature if it shows up. it is from two seasons ago and I wil change it today. I live in new orleans and we did not play last season coz of the Hurricane!

What is T.O. going to do this year? Be hurt? Put up 1300-12? Cause Parcells' head to explode?

I can make a deal for T.O. pretty cheap - a deal I would have jumped on 2 weeks ago. But with the hammy, the fines, etc. I'm worried about hurting my RB depth for him. The deal is T.O., Morency and Musa Smith for Dunn, Norwood and Bryant (see rules/roster in sig).

I'd still have some depth at RB with Gore and the backups - Smith, Morency and Barber. I'm also still protected if T.O. REALLY ticks Parcells off and gets suspended or cut or something with Jackson and Williams, who are my starters right now.

Do I need to jump on this deal, or run away? :D

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I should have noted I start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def. No keepers.

Edited by monster2333

Hugh, I have a serious problem. I'm looking to take a back-up kicker in the 10th round and I can't decide between Vanderjagt and Mike Nugent. Any insight would be appreciated, as I think this decision could decide my championship.

hey Hugh, whatsup..

this question stems from the thread you replied in where I only have Rivers and Carr at QB in a 12 team keeper...

I dropped Porter and Carr for Favre and Jennings, but am still unsatisfied with my #2 QB as I think Rivers makes a good #2...instead he's my #1, even though that wasn't the plan..

anyways it's a PPR league, 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1K 1D/ST

I am looking to move Burleson and Duckett for Bulger, here are our rosters

my team:

QB - Rivers, Favre

RB - Caddy, CTaylor, MBell, Addai, Duckett, MMoore and Pittman

WR - Fitz, Mason, MiClayton, Burleson and jennings

TE - Watson, Winslow

his team:

QB - Brady, Bulger

RB - SA, Portis, MBarber, MaMorris

WR - Plaxico, RSmith, McCardell, Keyshawn

TE - HMiller, ASmith

he has an open roster spot, so he can accept a 2 for 1...do you think this is a trade that is at least even or worthwhile for both parties?

preciate it..

Edited by Avernus

Hugh,

I'm fairly happy with my squad (see below), except for my RB depth. Starters are fine, but backups are Ahman Green and Chris Brown, with Arrington as a handcuff for Edge. Will one of Green or Brown be productive enough this year to be a decent #3 RB option, or, do I need to upgrade at RB? In the past, when I have had three really good RBs, I have had to pull my hair out each week deciding which two to start, which is one reason why I did not take my #3 RB very early in my draft. Thanks for any input!