[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So. who beats the Bucks?

loaf

I think OSU is clearly the #1 team in the country, and that Michigan, right now, should clearly be the #2, so it will come down to that game for OSU. My guess is Michigan will lose a game or two before Ohio State because they typically have a brain cramp around mid-season, which would be Iowa and or Penn State game.

OSU could probably beat the Raiders.

Gee, let me guess..... :D

You grew up with BIG 10 football.....

:D You went to a BIG 10 school......

:lol: Possibly either Michigan or OSU....

:lol: and never follow any football outside of the BIG 10 ........

:brew:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, let me guess..... :D

You grew up with BIG 10 football.....

:D You went to a BIG 10 school......

:lol: Possibly either Michigan or OSU....

:lol: and never follow any football outside of the BIG 10 ........

:brew:

I did grow up in Cincinnati, OH and went to school at UC-never followed college football-the Bearcats for heaven sake?

So, never went to a Big 10 school

I've never followed college football, not even Ohio State.

My husband went to U of M, so I have caught a few Michigan games on TV over the last 25 years, and at least know they are always ranked high at the beginning of the season, fall apart for a few games they should have won around mid season, never live up to expectations, and then end up in the Who Cares Bowl. At least that's been the case since the Brian Griese days. Henne looks like Grbac, Manningham looks as good as Howard or Edwards, and Hart is decent enough to get the job done, could even be pro material. The defense is better than last year-but Ohio State overall is even better.

But I do admit the extent of my college football knowledge is quite limited, and probably not worthy enough to post on this thread. So, I'll leave and go back and post a WDIS on Fantasy Football Advice-should I start Peyton, Charlie Frye or pick up Vince Young?

I think OSU is clearly the #1 team in the country, and that Michigan, right now, should clearly be the #2, so it will come down to that game for OSU. My guess is Michigan will lose a game or two before Ohio State because they typically have a brain cramp around mid-season, which would be Iowa and or Penn State game.

OSU could probably beat the Raiders.

Herby and Corso both agree with you and have stated they will be voting this way.

I'm from the old school and feel it's Auburn's to lose.

My top 5

1.OSU (pretty clear right now.)

2. Auburn (tough Defense,Irons is a stud,Cox is a qb who limits mistakes, tough SEC)

3. Michigan(Grady,Henne,Hart,Manningham,Burgess,Crable, and decent defense.

4. USC but getting close to dropping Jarret is going to hurt, Solid defense on paper need to gel.

5. Florida(very tough SEC games ahead, Leak, decent running game, Decent defense.

osu could not hang with the raiders. Osu will not lose before michigan, it's the only game I think that will cause problems, and it's sad honestly because losing that one game might drop them out of the NC. Hopefully those in power don't screw them so if they lose to michigan, because by then we should know who OSU should be playing in the NC. I'm going to go with my top 5:

Ohio State

Michigan

Texas (yes it sounds homer, but I still think they stand the 2nd best chance at taking down OSU)

Florida

USC ( i think they're over-rated...just watch)

I predict michigan upsetting OSU, and Florida or Texas sneaking into the NC vs Michigan. Michigan wins...

1. Ohio State

2. Auburn

3. Michigan

4. Southern California

5. Winner of Fla/LSU

Ohio State doesn't lose until Michigan, then that game, we'll see. It's a long way off, it depends on how they are both playing. OSU, Michigan, and Auburn are the most impressive teams IMO thus far this year. Auburn has a defense that can hang with anyone and fast enought to hang with Ohio State. Yeah, Notre Dame is overrated as hell, but Michigan just drilled them in South Bend, that isn't easy to do even if ND is bad. Ohio State went into Texas and Iowa and came out with very impressive wins. USC will only get better, but the offense better get it together, otherwise one of those pac 10 teams might pull the upset. I don't think Florida will beat LSU this weekend, but if they beat LSU and Auburn back to back, you could make a strong case for them being #1. Urban Meyer is nuts for doing the 2 qb thing. It cost Georgia games when Richt was doing it with Greene and Shockley a few years back. It might work vs a weak Bama team, but I can't see it working vs LSU, who I think has THE best defense in the country. Texas is gonna just kinda sneak around, and slowly work there way back up the top. They should easily win out this year, although without Vince Young, will Stoops have there number again? I still say, West Virginia runs the table and gets wrecked in Glendale, but hopefully I'm wrong. Look out for Rutgers in the Big East. They are the sleeper to win it, they get Louisville at home I believe. I hate to say it, but Cal is looking pretty damn good after going into Knoxille and getting hammered. Two very impressive conference wins, and I look for them to beat an overrated Ducks team this weekend.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

All Ohio State fans know that Michigan will once again spoil another Buckeye season.

Tressel OWNS the Wolves, what makes you think this year will be any different?

Maybe 10 years ago this general statement would hold water, but saying they'll spoil another season, is just plain outdated.

Tressel OWNS the Wolves, what makes you think this year will be any different?

Maybe 10 years ago this general statement would hold water, but saying they'll spoil another season, is just plain outdated.

Can't help myself...my first cousins graduated & are huge Ohio State fans while both my dad and mom graduated from there too, so I enjoy picking on Buckeye fans. Do I really think they will lose? No, but it certainly wouldn't totally surprise me if they did. Michigan isn't exactly one you can chalk up in the win column. Should be a classic OHIO STATE/MICHIGAN showdown.

• 1 month later...

my fantasy is that both OSU and Michigan go undeafeated, Michigan moves up to 2, OSU stays at 1 going into their Nov. Matchup.

Too lazy but has any team stayed 1 throughout and defeated two number 2s? Obviously taking alot for granted here but just wondering ...

:D