[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TO did NOT break his Ring Finger

Kansas State 2000

TO did not actually break his ring finger.

It was the bone on top of his hand in line with the ring finger.

If it had been just the finger they may have been able to do a tape job to get him back but in this case it requires the 2-4 weeks to heal the bone. It's a boke that can not be taped.

This is per local sports radio I listened to this morning on my way back from the game.

I saw the way it was wrapped on tv today and this makes sense.I did'nt think his finger was wrapped.

i broke the same bone in my hand when i was 11 or 12, the 4th metacarpal. my tx was just a cast on it for about three weeks. obviously his injury is worse since he's having surgery, but it's not a big deal and he's only going to miss one game it looks like.

his injury is worse since he's having surgery

From Reuters recently...

Doctors surgically inserted a metal plate around the fractured bone on the back of his hand.

"I think it was fluke thing," Owens said on the team's Web site. "I think I was going in blocking and I felt something weird.

"I felt like I jammed it. But I just kept playing."

Owens hopes to be back on the field by October 8 when the Cowboys take on his former team the Philadelphia Eagles.

I heard local TV saying this surgery actually heals quicker than not putting a plate in, so Oct. 8 is highly likely, IMO. Possibly Oct 1??? Y'all this cat as well as I do...

obviously his injury is worse since he's having surgery

I don't think its worse, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong. The plate simply helps facilitate the healing process. It supports the break, as opposed to just waiting for it to fuse on its own without support.

I doubt he'll play the Titans game, but you can bet he'll be back in 3 weeks for the Philly game...

The first thing that I thought of when I heard that he would be out from 2 to 4 weeks, was his remark in the Pre-Season about how he had played hurt in the past and did not receive any respect for doing so. Will be interesting to see if Owens wants to get back out on the field early or not.