[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shaun Alexander.

Carlucci

Awww is your fantasy team losing because of this? :D He has an injury that isn't healing. What do you want him to do? Play, hurt it again, and be out for good? It's the NFL, not NFFL.

Probably not, however it sucks selectcing him 3rd overall, and having him play a handful of games at most. Damn, he probably really injured himself while he filmed the ESPN Mobile commercial when he slipped on that lemon or whatever. :D

ive actually managed to creep to 5-4 after starting out 2-4....beat two 1 loss teams the last two weeks..both were in first at the time....pretty much thanks to KJ,javon, and marques....but im not to confident im going to be able to make much noise if i have to start leon washington or deangelo williams every week(although i think deangelo might start seeing alot more action)

second time in the last 3 years ive drew the number 1 slot and had my guy go down for the year

From Rotoworld today.

Mike Holmgren told Peter King that his "gut feeling" is that Shaun Alexander will be ready to play against the Rams.

If Holmgren thinks so, that good news, cause we know SA says he's ready. I'd say Holmgren wants SA on the field............NOW!

Let's be honest, if his 70% healed medical exam is any indication for when Alexander is going to return, I'd say he's going to be back Nov. 19th vs. the 49ers. Yup... the same exact game that Hasselbeck returns. Sucks, but this is probably the most realistic "hunch" or gut feeling in terms of a realistic timetable.

He won't be out the rest of the year, but I don't see him returning any sooner than November 19. Just my prediction. :D

I find myself rooting for the 'Hawks because the further they get away from the playoffs, the less incentive there is to bring SA back at all.

They still have a fighting chance though for the playoffs, and especially if they win tonights game against Oakland. Like I mentioned earlier, I am not holding out any hopes for his return until the game against the 49ers, but I am interested to see if they push for his return against the Rams simply because of the value of that one game. If they lose that one, then it's very likely they could actually start losing hope for a playoff picture.

*sigh* I wonder who will be on the cover of Madden next year? :D Maybe Peyton Manning??? LOL. That could be an interesting year.

They still have a fighting chance though for the playoffs, and especially if they win tonights game against Oakland.

Heck, they have more than a fighting chance even if they lose tonight, but losing to the Raiders at home would be a big a HUGH blow mentally (even with a backup QB and RB).

Yeah, I can't believe anyone would draft SA over Gore. :D

For real. I've noted on here many a times in the past that I thought Alexander was a bit overrated, and I definitely would have taken LT and LJ at #1 and #2 respectively. But anyone who tries to say they would've taken Gore over Alexander is using revisionist history to put it mildly. Alexander was the clearcut #3 pick (at worst).

Edited by Skrappy1

For real. I've noted on here many a times in the past that I thought Alexander was a bit overrated, and I definitely would have taken LT and LJ at #1 and #2 respectively. But anyone who tries to say they would've taken Gore over Alexander is using revisionist history to put it mildly. Alexander was the clearcut #3 pick (at worst).

Exactly. I'd still say that if Alexander did not get injured and consistently put up between 10-14 points a game (disregarding his first game) he'd be in the top 10 RB's in fantasy football. Plus, there are a lot of other fantasy owners out there like me who are in a dynasty league. Shaun Alexander has performed well for me consistently on a year-to-year basis, and while it sucks right now that he is out, I could see him producing well and consistently for my team for the next two or three years.

...unless John Madden has something to say about it and decides Alexander's career is over with too. :D Shaun's faith is in Madden's hands now. :D