[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question about the Raiders DST

Atlas

I'm trying to understand why Sportsline charged the first 7 points--- that was apparently a Raider offensive fumble and Texan recovery for a TD----to the Raiders DST? :D

I didn't see the game, so perhaps I'm interpreting the box scores wrong, but it appears it was a touchdown against the offense. It doesn't matter in the scoring for me, I won big anyway, but am I missing something or is this a Sportsline blunder? :D

I'm trying to understand why Sportsline charged the first 7 points--- that was apparently a Raider offensive fumble and Texan recovery for a TD----to the Raiders DST? :D

I didn't see the game, so perhaps I'm interpreting the box scores wrong, but it appears it was a touchdown against the offense. It doesn't matter in the scoring for me, I won big anyway, but am I missing something or is this a Sportsline blunder? :D

the default scoring for Sportsline and, I believe, most other leagues is that Points Allowed are counted regardless of who is on the field when points are scored.

some allow the commish to adjust this but the default is no matter who scores the points and no matter who is on the field... the points scored count against the DST.

I had the Minnesota defense yesterday....got some great points for the TOs they forced, but also got nicked for 14 additional points, care of the Chicago defense. :D

So is this just Sportsline, or is this the standard with, say, MFL also?

My league does not count all points. If you had started Minn's D, you would not have been dinged by the 2 Chicago D's TDs or the safety. However, you would get dinged for the extra points on the Defensive TDs. I remember a few years back, my defense gave up 1 point due to the extra point. Sounds like this is not common though.

the default scoring for Sportsline and, I believe, most other leagues is that Points Allowed are counted regardless of who is on the field when points are scored.

some allow the commish to adjust this but the default is no matter who scores the points and no matter who is on the field... the points scored count against the DST.

For Sportsline, it is whatever you set it.

In the setup for the scoring system, you need to go to the add/drop categories and check the category "Defensive Points Against" (or Points Against Defense/ST if you are using the combined D/ST) and make sure the "Points Against, Total Points Scored" is unchecked.

We still use the total points scored against our DEFs in our local...I'm surprised we have not changed that. I think it is one of those things that we (owners in our league) forget about until our D gets dinged by an INT or fumbled returned for a TD during the season.

I would guess most league management sites will do the same thing. I know that in the Huddle MVP Challenge (uses MFL), your D is not dinged for things like an INT returned for a TD.

Edited by Gunther

For Sportsline, it is whatever you set it.

In the setup for the scoring system, you need to go to the add/drop categories and check the category "Defensive Points Against" (or Points Against Defense/ST if you are using the combined D/ST) and make sure the "Points Against, Total Points Scored" is unchecked.

I'm looking at this and can't see how to incorporate it with the a range of scoring...If I uncheck the box, then I can't award bonus points for a shutout...

I'm looking at this and can't see how to incorporate it with the a range of scoring...If I uncheck the box, then I can't award bonus points for a shutout...

I just played with this. I checked the "Points Against Defense/ST" since that is how we are set up. After clicking "Save & Continue" on the categories page, there were two check boxes that showed up next to "Points Against Defense/ST" (on the Scoring System page in the Defense section) that I could check...Bonuses and Ranges.

When I checked the Ranges box, it allows me to insert ranges (using the "down arrow" button to insert more than one).

When I clicked Bonuses, it allows me to put in the points against (such as zero) and the points to award.

E2A: I also went into Add/Remove Categories and checked the Defensive Points Against category, it came up with the same two check boxes (Bonuses and Ranges) after I saved that change.

Edited by Gunther