[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

observations in week 14

dabuffbills

~ Remember when Mike Vick passed for 4 touchdowns, causing people to get him off the waiver wire as if he were Drew Brees? Now his inconsistency is giving his owners ulcers. I guess Vick will never be a true fantasy QB...just like everyone thought coming into this season...and every season before that.

~ That Tomlinson guy is pretty good...I think I found a pretty strong sleeper candidate for next year.

~ This just in: the Jacksonville Jaguars picked up my grandmother as an insurance running back for their game against the Colts. She ran for 198 yards and 3 TDs. I wonder what would happen if the Chargers played the Colts and LT got the ball on every single play of every single drive...

~ Remember when Shaun Alexander was the MVP and the single-season TD leader? Those were the days...

~ I, like every other owner, began to have a panic attack when Marques Colston went down in Sunday's game with an apparent calf injury. Thankfully though, he was just having a leg cramp and was not seriously injured. Despite this, there will be a 4 hour-long special on ESPN regarding the nature of the cramp and what this means for his status next week.

~ There's no doubt that TO is great after the catch, but sometimes it's making the catch that gives him problems. Maybe they should make him a running back. He would have one good game at least (vs. the Colts).

~ I thought Ciatrick Fason was supposed to do good this week with Chester Taylor out? I guess Artose Pinner was just tired of being on the waiver wire in every single league that exists.

~ Speaking of the waiver wire, I'm glad I picked up and started Mike Karney in place of Shaun Alexander. Oh, you didn't? Yea me neither :D

~ Remember when the Texans passed on Vince Young in the 2006 Draft? If you look in the dictionary under irony, there will be a little video of Young's game-winning TD run.

~ And finally...Ronde Barber still has more touchdowns than his brother Tiki. Maybe the Giants should try Tiki on defense...

Edited by dabuffbills

Not bad. But I have to disagree with one of them:

~ Remember when Mike Vick passed for 4 touchdowns, causing people to get him off the waiver wire as if he were Drew Brees? Now his inconsistency is giving his owners ulcers. I guess Vick will never be a true fantasy QB...just like everyone thought coming into this season...and every season before that.

I realize that it depends to a large extent on the scoring system, but Vick is a top 3 to 5 QB in a lot of them. And he hasn't been all that inconsistent:

1 19.80 at Panthers  2 26.30 vs Buccaneers 3 12.55 at Saints 4 16.75 vs Cardinals 5  Bye		6 19.50 vs Giants 7 30.70 vs Steelers 8 32.05 at Bengals 9 18.15 at Lions 10 19.25 vs Browns 11 15.75 at Ravens 12 20.80 vs Saints 13 20.00 at Redskins 14 7.25 at Buccaneers 

In leagues with 10 teams or more (hell even eight team leagues probably) it is difficult for me to believe that Vick went undrafted (edit: and that he hadn't been picked up by week 7, his 4 TD week, as he had been doing pretty well in his first six games) And if anything, his stock should be pretty good next year.

Sounds like a "true fantasy QB" to me.

Edited by Furd

Alright I just meant that he was inconsistent, therefore it's tough for fantasy owners to start him every week. One week he'll throw 2 or 3 TD passes and the next week he won't have any. I don't know if that would be considered a true fantasy QB.

And I didn't mean to get all technical with it, I was just poking fun...

pretty funny actually...

I feel for all the people that picked up Fason only to see Pinner run for 140 and 3 TD's...that must have been painful...

but not quite painful as those who started MBIII now that he clearly became the guy to have in Dallas... :D

I think weeks like this really define fantasy football