[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BCS fails ... again.

Grits and Shins

Until the game last night almost everybody would have crowned OSU the NC because of their dominate season. Florida not only won the game but DOMINATED.

So now we don't really know who the NC champion is ... could USC have defeated Florida or OSU? And why isn't the only undefeated division 1A team in the nation the NC?

So once again by popular vote Florida is crowned queen.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Until the game last night almost everybody would have crowned OSU the NC because of their dominate season. Florida not only won the game but DOMINATED.

So now we don't really know who the NC champion is ... could USC have defeated Florida or OSU? And why isn't the only undefeated division 1A team in the nation the NC?

So once again by popular vote Florida is crowned queen.

As most know for a team from the south to win a media voting contest they must be deserving. Congrats to Boise but lets not forget it took them OT to beat a team who had no quality wins this season. Think Boise is ok right now with their highest ranking ever behind the nations elite teams.

Bring on the playoffs...would luv to hear the smack talk about which team got the matchup with Little Boise while the others battled it out. Sort of like the NFL this year NFC vs. AFC.

Florida waxed our boys off summer break for 51 days.

BCS system is a joke, we all know and accept this. I had said from opening day, that USC was the best team in the country, even over my Bucks. They lost a few down the stretch, so i waivered like most, but clearly they have the best talent in the country, the best college coach in the country and should at least get a split. Boise St. also has a legit claim as well.

Florida will be voted as the champ, but like in every other season, it's purely subjective and there's nothing that anyone can prove that Florida is the best team in the country.

They were better then OSU last night, that's about it.

BCS system is a joke, we all know and accept this. I had said from opening day, that USC was the best team in the country, even over my Bucks. They lost a few down the stretch, so i waivered like most, but clearly they have the best talent in the country, the best college coach in the country and should at least get a split. Boise St. also has a legit claim as well.

Florida will be voted as the champ, but like in every other season, it's purely subjective and there's nothing that anyone can prove that Florida is the best team in the country.

They were better then OSU last night, that's about it.

Let's refer back to ESPN proclamation that LSU would win in a playoff then since it looks like you think Florida didn't really BEAT DOWN the number 2 team. If you are splitting NC wouldn't you also give LSU a split in any mythical NC? :D

This is why I don't watch college football.

Until they get a playoff system college football rankings will always be nothing more than a debate.

And perhaps that is why they don't have a playoff. College fans like TOS & Sarge obviously couldn't handle it. They still make excuses after humiliating losses in their biggest games of the season.

Ah yes, the disclaimer. TOSser, how hollow it would have seemed if you hadn't slipped that in and just been a man about it.

We all saw it coming, sly references to it in the first quarter. Buckeyes, still in a fog after an endless break of 51 days, playing a pumped up FL team feeling fresh and alive 'cause they had just played the other day. Or rather 36 days ago.

Is it really that big of a difference? Both were sitting around for over a month.

Until there is a playoff, it will continue to fail. Now some think other SEC teams are better than they are, because of what happened last night. Now some think OSU flat out sucks and didnt belong there in the first place, when a month ago, most didnt think FLA didnt deserve to be there. Fact is a playoff, a week after the season is the only way this will ever be decided for certain. Sure FLA is the mythical National Champion today, but did they beat SC, or boise, or Louisville. No, so we can only wonder if what we think now is any different than what we thought a month ago, when most didnt think FLA belonged.

Ah yes, the disclaimer. TOSser, how hollow it would have seemed if you hadn't slipped that in and just been a man about it.

We all saw it coming, sly references to it in the first quarter. Buckeyes, still in a fog after an endless break of 51 days, playing a pumped up FL team feeling fresh and alive 'cause they had just played the other day. Or rather 36 days ago.

Is it really that big of a difference? Both were sitting around for over a month.

No, I would think it's a advantage of having time to get healthy and if there was rust it sure does not take a whole game to knock it off.

We got beat and beat bad. OSU fans just in a little shock right now and I think that's to be expected we went undeafeted for a whole season and "BAM" hit the wall last night. It's going to take a couple days for the Buckeye Nation to get their senses. I think it's natrual to look for reasons why and the truth is we got dominated. The only thing I'm having a hard time dealing with is the lack of running the ball. I also can see Tress never going for it again inside his own 30 that was really way out of his norm.

Bet you felt good winning that one last night, right? If that's what it takes to get over real life, I say go for it. :D

I don't need that to do so, i was however, making a mochery of your fantasy scenario for LSU. Listen , in case your the only one who doesn't know LSU sucks. The got the luckiest match up in ALL the bowl games. ND would have lost to SanJose St by as many as LSU. Pucker up and take it like a man. Stop living in fantasy land, threatening fellow huddlers kids and taking the username of a racist.

Your a clown.

Until there is a playoff, it will continue to fail. Now some think other SEC teams are better than they are, because of what happened last night. Now some think OSU flat out sucks and didnt belong there in the first place, when a month ago, most didnt think FLA didnt deserve to be there. Fact is a playoff, a week after the season is the only way this will ever be decided for certain. Sure FLA is the mythical National Champion today, but did they beat SC, or boise, or Louisville. No, so we can only wonder if what we think now is any different than what we thought a month ago, when most didnt think FLA belonged.

Congratulations on the only thing you got right this bowl season. :D

I don't need that to do so, i was however, making a mochery of your fantasy scenario for LSU. Listen , in case your the only one who doesn't know LSU sucks. The got the luckiest match up in ALL the bowl games. ND would have lost to SanJose St by as many as LSU. Pucker up and take it like a man. Stop living in fantasy land, threatening fellow huddlers kids and taking the username of a racist.

Your a clown.

LSU would have wiped OSU all over the fake grass in Glendale last night from what I observed.

LSU would have wiped OSU all over the fake grass in Glendale last night from what I observed.

See this is what is disturbing. Because FLA exposes someone, doesnt mean Les Miles is smart enough, or LSU is good enough to duplicate it. This is like saying since such and such only beat such and such by 3, but lost to such and such by 10, there for the one that lost by 3 is better than the one who lost by 10.

See this is what is disturbing. Because FLA exposes someone, doesnt mean Les Miles is smart enough, or LSU is good enough to duplicate it. This is like saying since such and such only beat such and such by 3, but lost to such and such by 10, there for the one that lost by 3 is better than the one who lost by 10.

So you're saying that Stanford isn't 90pts better than the Sooners?

:doh::D:DSix Degrees of Oklahoma :tup::bash::clap:

Ok-college B-Ball can have a hugh tornament in March..where some but not all school also have spring break. 64(65 w the play in game) teams manage to travel all over the country to many different sites and play. So, here we have college bowl season, that takes place over Christams break, and for some still never really explained very well reason 8 or 12 teams can't do a PO in D1??? Bullchit-start it on the Saturday after Thanksgiving and have the NC on New Years day. Mandate the college season end the Saturday before turkey day and wala-end of this tired as fuggin hell debate about the peoples champ, the BCS Champ etc..etc... It is bar none the most fugged up way to determine a Champion that exsist in our current sporting system.....now D2 and D3 do it, a PO....but since there little schools no one is interested in sinking millions of $$ in hype and advertisment into..it works, their PO system that is, and guess what?? It's a legit NC-go figure :D

Edited by PantherDave

Bullchit-start it on the Saturday after Thanksgiving and have the NC on New Years day. Mandate the college season end the Saturday before turkey day and wala-end of this tired as fuggin hell debate about the peoples champ, the BCS Champ

I don't even think that's necessary. Use the BCS to rank, and have a playoff with the top 8 teams, 3 weeks of playoffs. Do it after Jan 1 if you must.

You can't expect games to be played during finals, so there does have to be a lull there. Education still has to at least have the appearance of taking precidence.

also, basketball is the NCAA championship key word...NCAA. In other words they are recognized as NCAA Champs. Footabll gets National Champs in D1 as the NCAA does not recognize D1 as "NCAA" champs, but D2 does get the D2 NCAA Champions. Just alittle tidbit for this time of year.

I don't even think that's necessary. Use the BCS to rank, and have a playoff with the top 8 teams, 3 weeks of playoffs. Do it after Jan 1 if you must.

You can't expect games to be played during finals, so there does have to be a lull there. Education still has to at least have the appearance of taking precidence.

uhhh-games are played on the week-ends most the time, so make them play Sat, take the exams during the week mon-thu. So, I guess the football players never miss a mid-term or other exam duiring the season that they can make up...yeah, that never happens :D oh, how to D2 and D3 do it..last time I checked it was a 16 team PO and last time I checked, they had final exams as well. :D

Edited by PantherDave