[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

From the Crock Pot- Week 3

PantherDave

Well, this week we will go alot simpler but still mighty tasty. This week we will be doing "Pepper Pork Sammiches" and it's a breeze to make and good to eat.

Pepper Pork Sandwhiches

3 lb pork shoulder roast

2 cans enchilada sauce

1/2 package taco seasoning

2 habenero chile peppers, seeded and diced( I go with jalapenos myself, habeneros just to hot for my ass-literally, cue Johnny Cash, "Ring of Fire", and if you have kids, knock it down to green chilies).

Step 1- Put all ingredients in CP. Cook on low 8-9 hours(preferred method) or high 4-6 hours.

Step2- Remove pork, and shred with two forks. Return to CP. Turn heat to high and cook 20-30 more minutes.

Step3- Serve on you choice of bun or roll(I like the Pepperidge Farm Onion Rolls myself) and top with shredded cheese if desired.

I love this one and it's cold beer drinking heaven!!!! We serve with carrot and celery sticks, but chips, fries or perogies will do as well.

Now for some football, I like the Lions to just flat outscore the Eagles in this one.

Lions 27

Eagles 20

I also like the Bengals going to Seattle and getting a W, alot of tempting "call" games this week.

Well, Good Luck on the Homer Front and FF Wise, Bon Appetite-Peace PD.

• 2 weeks later...
On high will be fine, but it is better when done on low.

Made it yesterday. Was very good but would prefer the sauce to be a bit thicker. When you say two cans of Enchilada sauce what size can??? I bought two 10 oz and one 19 oz and ended up putting all of them in assuming that the two can meant two 19 oz cans????

Any theory on how to make it a bit thicker??

Made it yesterday. Was very good but would prefer the sauce to be a bit thicker. When you say two cans of Enchilada sauce what size can??? I bought two 10 oz and one 19 oz and ended up putting all of them in assuming that the two can meant two 19 oz cans????

Any theory on how to make it a bit thicker??

I've never used this method but my guess is that the fat from the pork is going to make the sauce thinner so you'd have to put in new sauce before you return the pulled pieces to the pot.