[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cal goes down

Sgt. Ryan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

parity all over. OSU might be the weakest #1 in my lifetime. This BCS thang is gonna be a mess-

Well, I must not know anything about my own Bucks, since i feel this team is the best team we've had in my lifetime. Yes, better then 2002 and better then last season. Our defense is much better against the past then any D we've had since i can remember and this offense, while not as highly touted as Smith, Ginn and Gonzo is more effective imo. This is the best Bucks team i have seen, so i guess we'll have to wait and see.

The Big Ten blows. Ohio State is a chump team and they are #1? The college football nightmare gets worse and worse each passing week.

Ohio State will beat every other team in the Big Ten because Illinois, Wisconsin, and Michigan all suck.

TOS can sit on his perch and crow again, and that's pretty amusing since Ohio State is probably no better than the 6th or 7th best team in the country.

:D:D

Please name me 6 teams better. Please don't start with USC :wacko:

The Bucks are averaging 35 points per game while giving up a nation leading 6.5 points per game. I can't seem to place 6 other teams better.

Edited by theeohiostate

Well, I must not know anything about my own Bucks, since i feel this team is the best team we've had in my lifetime. Yes, better then 2002 and better then last season. Our defense is much better against the past then any D we've had since i can remember and this offense, while not as highly touted as Smith, Ginn and Gonzo is more effective imo. This is the best Bucks team i have seen, so i guess we'll have to wait and see.

cmon- you can't be serious with this..... the D is legit no question- but cmon, they haven't played a serious contender yet- I watched them play UW- which was a pretty even battle for the firdt half, and OSU pulled away on a few key plays - soilid team, but not a quality #1.

cmon- you can't be serious with this..... the D is legit no question- but cmon, they haven't played a serious contender yet- I watched them play UW- which was a pretty even battle for the firdt half, and OSU pulled away on a few key plays - soilid team, but not a quality #1.

Which team can you say with certainty is better than Ohio State right now?

I guess USC was a quality #1, Oh, perhaps it was LSU?

They smoked the Huskies @ Washington. USC played the same team at home and escaped in the last minutes with a 3 point win. Washington is also beating the only remaining PAC10 undefeated team tonight. So, I guess your conseading that the PAC 10 sucks then?

Edited by theeohiostate

:D:D

Please name me 6 teams better. Please don't start with USC :wacko:

The Bucks are averaging 35 points per game while giving up a nation leading 6.5 points per game. I can't seem to place 6 other teams better.

I wouldn't start with USC.

1. Florida

2. LSU

3. Oregon

4. Oklahoma

5. USC

I can only name 5. Sorry, I overstated. A few others are close.

:D

I guess USC was a quality #1, Oh, perhaps it was LSU?

They smoked the Huskies @ Washington. USC played the same team at home and escaped in the last minutes with a 3 point win. Washington is also beating the only remaining PAC10 undefeated team tonight. So, I guess your conseading that the PAC 10 sucks then?

thats the thing- while the beat UW, they didn't "smoke" them- It was a pretty evenly fought game. OSU popped a few big plays, but they really didn't manhandle or outplay UW by much-

uh- negative the Pac 10 is battle every week this year

The Big 10 is the weak azz conference that won't even give OSU a test until the Mich game.

slice it any way you want - the Big 10 is terrible this year

Edited by wildcat2334

1. Florida

2. LSU

3. Oregon

4. Oklahoma

5. USC

Since they 'haven't played anybody', and have looked dominant dispatching these nobodies, precisely what have you seen, or not seen in Ohio State that makes you think they're worse than these 5 teams? At worst, you could say you haven't seen enough of them to form an opinion.

Your list just displays your ignorance about college football.

Maybe Cal gets the nice media treatment like USC? #2 losing to Oregon State at home. OSU is better than Stanford, so Cal should drop to what? #5? Under the USC rule. Put LSU at #4. Come on media, TRY REALLY HARD to give us that USC-LSU game.

Don't count on it.

By all terms of logic, this is correct. OSU is better than Stanford, and Cal was w/out Longshore after all, but the only reason USC didn't drop out of the top 10 is because everyone loves them and wants them to stay in the top 10. USC gets special treatment, CAL won't.

I would be surprised if Cal were in the top 10 come Monday.

Which sucks, but that's how this lame ranking system works.

Since they 'haven't played anybody', and have looked dominant dispatching these nobodies, precisely what have you seen, or not seen in Ohio State that makes you think they're worse than these 5 teams? At worst, you could say you haven't seen enough of them to form an opinion.

Your list just displays your ignorance about college football.

Sat, Sep 1 Youngstown State W 38-6 --

Sat, Sep 8 Akron W 20-2 --

Sat, Sep 15 at Washington W 33-14 --

Sat, Sep 22 Northwestern W 58-7 --

Sat, Sep 29 at Minnesota W 30-7 --

Sat, Oct 6 at (23) Purdue W 23-7 --

Sat, Oct 13 Kent State W 48-3 --

Don't make me laugh with this "ignorance" comment. This is the biggest sham of a schedule you would find anywhere in the Top 20 to this point.

OK, they've won the games...and they'll have to "earn" it in the weak conference they're in....and the Big Ten is my conference.

Sat, Sep 1 Youngstown State W 38-6 --

Sat, Sep 8 Akron W 20-2 --

Sat, Sep 15 at Washington W 33-14 --

Sat, Sep 22 Northwestern W 58-7 --

Sat, Sep 29 at Minnesota W 30-7 --

Sat, Oct 6 at (23) Purdue W 23-7 --

Sat, Oct 13 Kent State W 48-3 --

Don't make me laugh with this "ignorance" comment. This is the biggest sham of a schedule you would find anywhere in the Top 20 to this point.

OK, they've won the games...and they'll have to "earn" it in the weak conference they're in....and the Big Ten is my conference.

Again, since they've dominated their admittedly weak schedule, what indicators do you have that point to Ohio State not being any good? Y'see, the schedule a team plays, doesn't, by itself, make a team weak.

Edited by Glabra

Again, since they've dominated their admittedly weak schedule, what indicators do you have that point to Ohio State not being any good?

Oh...they are decent, I won't say they aren't "any good". Let me go back and see if I've typed the words they aren't "any good"....or are you putting words in my mouth. Let me check. It's laughable to think they are the best team in the nation because they've defaulted to that in the stupid polls.

ETA: Yup, never once said they aren't any good, you are putting words in my mouth. Chump team does not mean they aren't a good team, it just means they are a chump team, haven't been tested and when they squeak out some wins against the mediocre teams in the Big Ten, it won't change their stripes.

Edited by gilthorp

The better question is, who is the quality #1. Because I haven't seen them yet. The truth is, there are a lot of good teams, Ohio State one of them, but no team is great. You say Cal beats Oregon State with Longshore, perhaps, they send the game to Overtime with Longshore, and then who knows, bottom line other than the bonehead play by Riley at the end, he played extremely well. LSU got exposed last week by Florida on both sides of the ball, and are fixin' (southern term) to lose 2 in a row next week vs Auburn, who will be the fasted defense they've faced all year, what is little Flynn gonna do then? USC? I'm sorry, I think USC could very well be a high quality football team, but come on. Forget about the close win vs a terrible Arizona team today. Win is a win. STANFORD! End of story. That would be the equivalent of Minnesota beating Ohio State in the Big Ten, or Vanderbilt beating Auburn. Neither of which came close to happening.

1. Florida

2. LSU

3. Oregon

4. Oklahoma

5. USC

I hope the USC you refer to are the gamecocks, as S Cal is riddled with injuries. OU, BC, the other OU, Cal (with longshore), Fla, LSU, and your choice of KU's would be interesting to watch to see if this vaunted OSU D is all that. Who have they played that is still ranked??? Purdue perhaps. OSU's schedule so far has been an absolute cakewalk. Youngstown, Akron, Wash, Nwestern, Minn, Purdue, and Kent state, hell the bucks should have the highest scoring Off. in the nation......Prior to this week OSU had the 37th (according to ESPN) scoring Off. Thier D better be that damn good, Hell I might even go far to say that TT would give that mighty D one hell of a test.

Edited by LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe

Oh...they are decent, I won't say they aren't "any good". Let me go back and see if I've typed the words they aren't "any good"....or are you putting words in my mouth. Let me check. It's laughable to think they are the best team in the nation because they've defaulted to that in the stupid polls.

I guess time will tell. Based on what I've seen of them, I think they're top 3 material. Better than USC, Cal and Florida for sure; and in the discussion with LSU. We'll see..

ETA: Yup, never once said they aren't any good, you are putting words in my mouth. Chump team does not mean they aren't a good team, it just means they are a chump team, haven't been tested and when they squeak out some wins against the mediocre teams in the Big Ten, it won't change their stripes.

What exactly has made the Big Ten mediocre? Just a bunch of so called "experts" said they were? Some COMPUTER rankings said they are? What is it?

What exactly has made the Big Ten mediocre? Just a bunch of so called "experts" said they were? Some COMPUTER rankings said they are? What is it?

Michigan is actually rolling right now, so they will be strong enough.

But, what makes these teams so mediocre is the lack of balance on both sides of the ball. Outside of a few athletes, most teams are lobsided.

My team, Illinois, is a work in progress. Decent D, an OK ground game, terrible QB, and they are the second highest ranked team in that conference? Give me a break.

Michigan State may end up being the third best team, but when push comes to shove, they can't stop anyone on D.

Purdue is one dimensional, and when the backup QB from ND almost steals a game from them, enough said.

Penn State and Wisconsin are serviceable, but big and slow on both sides of the ball....no speed.

I could go on and on, and it's great fun to watch these teams play each other, but in the overall scheme of things, the depth of the conference as a whole, it is again mediocre.

Michigan is actually rolling right now, so they will be strong enough.

But, what makes these teams so mediocre is the lack of balance on both sides of the ball. Outside of a few athletes, most teams are lobsided.

My team, Illinois, is a work in progress. Decent D, an OK ground game, terrible QB, and they are the second highest ranked team in that conference? Give me a break.

Michigan State may end up being the third best team, but when push comes to shove, they can't stop anyone on D.

Purdue is one dimensional, and when the backup QB from ND almost steals a game from them, enough said.

Penn State and Wisconsin are serviceable, but big and slow on both sides of the ball....no speed.

I could go on and on, and it's great fun to watch these teams play each other, but in the overall scheme of things, the depth of the conference as a whole, it is again mediocre.

Agreed that the big-10 is mediocre, but don't buy into the hype about these other conferences. I was shocked by the lack of defense displayed by a Cal. USC is the only team in that conference that can play D, and they have enough weaknesses of their own.

The media likes to lionize the SEC, but the mediocre Big-10 has a >50% record over God's own conference over the last 5 years.

Don't buy into the myth. Ohio State is above the general medicority of the Big-10 and is a legitimate player.

Edited by Glabra

Thats fine, but what have they not accomplished outside of the vacum of the conference? My point is you could say that about every conference. The Pac 10's most impressive Non Conference win was at Michigan. Mediocre win if the Big Ten is mediocre of course. The SEC really doesn't have any non-conference wins of note. USC's win at Nebraska isn't so impressive anymore after the last 2 weeks. Bottom line is, no one has emerged yet. If they have, we wouldn't have seen so many upsets, because I agree with you, Ohio State hasn't shown me anything on the field to suggest they are for sure the #1 team in the nation, but no one else has either.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

Thats fine, but what have they not accomplished outside of the vacum of the conference? My point is you could say that about every conference. The Pac 10's most impressive Non Conference win was at Michigan. Mediocre win if the Big Ten is mediocre of course. The SEC really doesn't have any non-conference wins of note. USC's win at Nebraska isn't so impressive anymore after the last 2 weeks. Bottom line is, no one has emerged yet. If they have, we wouldn't have seen so many upsets, because I agree with you, Ohio State hasn't shown me anything on the field to suggest they are for sure the #1 team in the nation, but no one else has either.

Very well said :D