[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2004 Colts vs 2007 Patriots

WaterMan

There seems to be alot of crying about the Patriots whipping the Redskins 52-7. The Patriots also did something similar to Buffalo this season, 38-7.

In 2004 the Colts(I mean, Manning, since he calls the numbers), decided it would be fun to run up the score 3 times in a row in 2004. They beat the Texans 49-10, the Bears 41-10, and the Lions 41-9. And it could be argued, but I'm not doing it, that the 4th week in a row they ran up the score on the Titans, 51-24.

So start casting stones.

There seems to be alot of crying about the Patriots whipping the Redskins 52-7. The Patriots also did something similar to Buffalo this season, 38-7.

In 2004 the Colts(I mean, Manning, since he calls the numbers), decided it would be fun to run up the score 3 times in a row in 2004. They beat the Texans 49-10, the Bears 41-10, and the Lions 41-9. And it could be argued, but I'm not doing it, that the 4th week in a row they ran up the score on the Titans, 51-24.

So start casting stones.

:D you should have dug into the numbers a bit more

:D you should have dug into the numbers a bit more

You mean like the part about Manning sitting out the entire 4th quarter of the Lion's game?

Or the fact that Indy scored zero offensive TDs in 3 of those 4 games?

Or the fact that the only game they did score an offensive TD in the 4th they did so to blow open a game that they were leading by 24 at the time?

You mean those numbers?

You mean like the part about Manning sitting out the entire 4th quarter of the Lion's game?

Or the fact that the only game they did score an offensive TD in the 4th they did so to blow open a game that they were leading by 24 at the time?

You mean those numbers?

They put up 49, 41, 41 and 51 and only scored any offensive td's in one of those games? I find that hard to believe.

:D My bad, in the 4th Qtr.

without checking i do think they scored 1 fourth quarter passing TD in the TENN game

EDIT: cut and paste from another thread:

Peyton threw only 5 4th quarter TDs in 04 when he threw for 49 TDs

2 of them were to get within 3 points in games that they lost

1 was to tie a game they lost

1 was to take a 7 point lead in a game they won by 3

1 was when they were up 41-24 with 12:56 to go in the game

also fwiw Edge scored 5 4th quarter TDs

week 10-13 the colts were on a similar tear that the pats are on now

winning

49-14

49-10

41-9

51-24(this is the only game peyton threw a 4th quarter TD in with the lead all season long)

Edited by keggerz

I know the Texans game they were up 35-0 and still passing. The Texans did finally manage a score late in the 3rd, and Manning came out passing again after that but was intercepted. Finally about mid 4th quarter they started running James. I do remember when watching it that I thought a lot of Peytons passing was to inflate his stats. But with that being said, like the Patriots opponents now, the Texans should have stopped them.

I know the Texans game they were up 35-0 and still passing. The Texans did finally manage a score late in the 3rd, and Manning came out passing again after that but was intercepted. Finally about mid 4th quarter they started running James. I do remember when watching it that I thought a lot of Peytons passing was to inflate his stats. But with that being said, like the Patriots opponents now, the Texans should have stopped them.

So like I was saying, to say Brady's inflating his stats and for others to say Peyton didn't, is complete BS.

So like I was saying, to say Brady's inflating his stats and for others to say Peyton didn't, is complete BS.

That's your comeback, one instance?

I'm not saying that Peyton didn't inflate his stats that year a bit but you can't comeback to only Zia's email and say see I told you so.

The other posts provide some pretty compelling arguments against what you are saying.

I remember the Lions game and Indy pretty much kicked their asz in the 1st half and they took it easy the 2nd half.

That's your comeback, one instance?

I'm not saying that Peyton didn't inflate his stats that year a bit but you can't comeback to only Zia's email and say see I told you so.

The other posts provide some pretty compelling arguments against what you are saying.

I remember the Lions game and Indy pretty much kicked their asz in the 1st half and they took it easy the 2nd half.

+1

You mean those numbers?

Of course, in one of those games they didn't score an offensive TD in the 4th because Manning was really pass happy on a drive and threw a pick.

Just sayin'.

:D

I remember this being brought up after the Houston game. Manning's last TD was to Dallas Clark. IN THE THIRD QUARTER. It went for 80 yards.

WaterMan: See, Manning was throwing 80 yard bombs to run up the score!

Umm, nope. It was a shallow crossing route, trying to get a first down. The pass was in the air for about 10 yards. Then Clark turned up field, and raced another 70 yards untocuched. Once again, I will say this happened in the third quarter.

Also in the third quarter, Bob Sanders returned a fumble 37 yards for a TD.

In the fourth, Von Hutchins returned an interception 77 yards for a TD.

next

Edited by CaptainHook

Colts did not score a fourth quarter touchdown AT ALL in the Bears or Lions game.

In the Bears game, the Colts last TD came on an Edgerrin James 11 yard run IN THE THIRD QUARTER.

In the Lions game Manning threw his sixth TD IN THE THIRD QUARTER, and I'm pretty sure he didn't even play in the fourth quarter.

next

In the Titans game, the score was Colts 31 Titans 24 at halftime. Titans were trying every trick in the book that game. They tried multiple onside kicks, a fake punt, and went for it on 4th down several times. After taking a 41-24 lead in the third quarter, Manning's final TD came with 13 MINUTES left in the fourth with a 17 point lead.

you feel stupid yet WaterMan?