[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WV or OSU

theeohiostate

They played 3 Big 10 teams and the Big East went 0-3 this season against the Big Ten.

Talk about attempting to manipulate stats to tell your side of a story. Wow!

I think everyone should know that those three games were:

Pitt vs Mich St

Syracuse vs Iowa

Syracuse vs Illinois

Pitt and Syracuse, the bottom 2 teams in the Big East, won 3 games in conference combined and a grand total of 6 combined. Mich St, Iowa and Illinois are 7-5, 6-6 and 9-3 respectively. Look a little deeper and it's not much to hang your hat on now is it.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a doubt, it's Ohio State. Come on, their one loss was a total fluke....you could tell they weren't focused, and Illinois got lucky to control the ball on them the way they did. Ohio State is not only the best team in the nation this year, they only lost because they were looking ahead to Michigan the next week. Those are the facts.

As most of you know, this year in college football has been very weak. And now you ask who should be #1 after this week. Just like in LSU's case. Its going to be OSU, because the media thinks they are the best team out there...Too me there is not a team deserving to be #1 at this point. Can you truly give me a legit team....even if LSU would have won, did they deserve to be #1, no not a chance but they were the best team the media thought at the time...

So don't give me OK, OSU, KU, USC, LSU, MIZZ, WVU, as a legit #1 because they can all be.

That is why a playoff is needed BAD.

I disagree completely with your remark "college football has been very weak". I love the parity. Your commentary is spoken like so many fans of the spoiled "royalty" of "major" college football. There's not a clear dominant couple of teams and ya'll think that's bad? Shame on you and everyone else who shares that opinion.

Also, no way in hell after WVU hangs 66 on the #20 ranked team in the country, over-rated or not, that OSU will jump them. And truth is, Kansas wins tonight and they will be #1.

Without a doubt, it's Ohio State. Come on, their one loss was a total fluke....you could tell they weren't focused, and Illinois got lucky to control the ball on them the way they did. Ohio State is not only the best team in the nation this year, they only lost because they were looking ahead to Michigan the next week. Those are the facts.

That's amazing! Four excuses for one loss in a simple three line post. Very nice. :D

Oh, and I would argue that a team that is clearly the best in the country would not get caught looking ahead, and even if they did they would still be good enough to win.

:D

That's amazing! Four excuses for one loss in a simple three line post. Very nice. :D

Oh, and I would argue that a team that is clearly the best in the country would not get caught looking ahead, and even if they did they would still be good enough to win.

Well, you obviously know nothing about OSU football and how great they are this year. It is more important to win the Michigan game than to stay undefeated. The coaching staff clearly lost the kids and it was all a lack of focus by everyone. OSU is clearly the best team in the country by far, and that's that....don't aruge that fact, jack!

hate the Big 10? negative - but the league stunk this year- most college football fans agree,

OSU is paying the price for the league being down, and a joke of a NC- end of story

yer an absolute fool- it is a waste of time even responding to yer wacko homer posts -

Here's something to think about.

OSU vs USC

and

Kansas/MO vs WVU

WOW...I know the Rose Bowl is loving this. I'll take the Rose Bowl match up. OSU is in a no lose situation as I see it.

We either get a great matchup that most likely draws a bigger nationwide audience or we play for a National Championship!!!!

LIFE IS GOOD. :D

For the record as things stand WVU desrves their shot at this point.

MO/KU vs WVU for the title at this point.

OSU can only wait and see with the Sooners being the Buckeyes best buddies.

Stoops is a OHIO guy so I hope he can get it done for his Sooners and Bucks and if not then, Tress vs Petey.

Well, you obviously know nothing about OSU football and how great they are this year. It is more important to win the Michigan game than to stay undefeated. The coaching staff clearly lost the kids and it was all a lack of focus by everyone. OSU is clearly the best team in the country by far, and that's that....don't aruge that fact, jack!

Well at least you got 1 point right MICHIGAN is always the most important game and if I had to chose to lose 1 it would be anyone, but Michigan.

Michigan is always the most important game.

Don't try to understand it's not possible.

:D

That's really funny.

Yes sir...one more loss by another team and OSU is going to show the nation that they are the best team this year. I don't think I've ever seen such a great defense on a Buckeye team and they'll simply shut down WVU--I'll go out and say that they'll shut them out and win by at least 45 points. That's how good Ohio State is than any other team right now.

Yes sir...one more loss by another team and OSU is going to show the nation that they are the best team this year. I don't think I've ever seen such a great defense on a Buckeye team and they'll simply shut down WVU--I'll go out and say that they'll shut them out and win by at least 45 points. That's how good Ohio State is than any other team right now.

+1

Tough to argue with that kind of logic.

I wonder if the fact that last year's OSU team (substantially better than this year's version) got outplayed, outcoached, outclassed and generally destroyed in the NC game last year has any bearing on their current ranking. While I agree that on paper OSU makes a SLIGHTLY better case this year, I can't help but think that last year's absolute drubbing is still weighing on the voters minds.

I wonder if the fact that last year's OSU team (substantially better than this year's version) got outplayed, outcoached, outclassed and generally destroyed in the NC game last year has any bearing on their current ranking. While I agree that on paper OSU makes a SLIGHTLY better case this year, I can't help but think that last year's absolute drubbing is still weighing on the voters minds.

There is no doubt it has a lot of bearing on it. And not only on Ohio State, but on the Big Ten as a whole. Look all the Big Ten has done is play the teams on their schedule and won the great majority of them. So you can't say they suck because they haven't played anyone. You can say that they aren't great because of that, but you can't say they suck. But people say they suck because of what happened to Ohio State and Michigan last year, plus Michigan losing to App state. 3 games completely defined a conference.