[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 13 Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

Another tout service called "Erockmoney" is hitting at 62.9% (33/24 sides) and 18/6 totals. Here's his total for tonight:

(Under 51.5) Green Bay at Dallas (Thur.)

The defenses usually show up in big games. I think both high powered offenses will be somewhat conservative and play a little ball control in an attempt to keep the opposing offense off the field. I find that games of this magnitude are rarely shootouts unless one team pulls ahead early. I think this one will be close throughout.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had never heard of the guy before and couldn't remember his name, that's why my original post listed him as Miller's "expert." For the record this past week he went 2-1 on Miller's show picks and says that if he knew Feely was going to start for Philly he would have picked them and been 3-0. I guess you should always be skeptical of a guy who backpedals that fast claiming that he knew Feely was going to blow up last week. :D

Last week he went 1-2, having NE over Phi (L), Det over GB (L) and Oak over KC (W)

I didn't understand at all why he was taking Det thinking that GB would win by 3, but having Det +3.5 would be a great play. I can tell you what, w/ 16 games on the board, and only picking 3 for his show, I would take a team that I think covers by a hell of a lot more than 0.5 points.

Here's the rest of Erockmoney's plays. They are definitely better on totals, and my system happens to have plays on the same side of both his totals.:

(1.) San Diego (-5.5) at Kansas City

I had a feeling the Chargers would play much better down the stretch and for the most part they have. They lost at Jacksonville but that is nothing to be ashamed of. The Chargers owe the Chiefs from their upset win in San Diego earlier this season. Kansas City has struggled of late and it should continue this week. The Chargers have the Western division title in sight and won't drop this big road game.

Pick: Chargers by 14

(2.) Detroit (+3.5) at Minnesota

How quickly has everyone jumped off Detroit's bandwagon? I picked the Vikings earlier this season Detroit (push) in a game in which the Vikings dominated but lost. For years the Vikings have owned the Lions. However, over the last few season the Lions really dominated most game but still lost. Maybe the shoe is on the other foot now, so I'm expecting the Vikings to dominate, but lose.

Pick: Lions by 3

(3.) Buffalo (+5.5) at Washington

This game could go either way in the wake of the Sean Taylor tragedy. Playing with heavy hearts I think the Skins may struggle early. Washington usually doesn't blow out team even when they are playing well. The Skins get it done for their fallen teammate, but I'll take the points.

Pick: Redskins by 4

(Blowout of the Week) Denver (-3.5) at Oakland

The Raiders burned me last week at KC, but I'm going against them again this week. The Broncos season is on the line and Oakland already played them tight in Denver which makes me more confident this one won't be close. Denver is reeling after blowing a big fourth quarter lead last week in Chicago and will be determined to beat their hated rivals.

Pick: Denver by 21

(Upset Special) Seattle (+3.5) at Philadelphia

Coming off an emotional performance last week in which the Eagles outplayed the powerhouse Patriots in New England. The Seahawks are usually a solid play agianst on the road and everyone is expecting the Eagles to go on a roll now. If the Eagles play the way they did last week they would win by three TD's. I'm expecting abig drop off this week with the Seahawks stealing one on the road.

Pick: Seahawks by 3

(Under 51.5) Green Bay at Dallas (Thur.)

The defenses usually show up in big games. I think both high powered offenses will be somewhat conservative and play a little ball control in an attempt to keep the opposing offense off the field. I find that games of this magnitude are rarely shootouts unless one team pulls ahead early. I think this one will be close throughout.

(Over 37) Buffalo at Washington

I think the Bills hang around a put some points on the board even with all the problems they are having in their backfield. I expect Evans to have one of his big games which have been rare this season. There will be a lot of emotion in this game and I expect the points to come in bunches.

You just ruined my day...

Well as STL Fan posted yesterday:

FWIW - the handicapping "expert" on Dennis Miller's new show on VS. listed his plays this week. He likes

PHI -3

Indy -7

and especially GB+6.5, saying that Dallas was exposed a little last week having to pull one out against the Redskins and that the Pack have been one of the most underrated teams in recent years, he thinks they'll win outright.

And once we knew it was Lang, it would have to make sense that he's on GB tonight. And, after losing 50 Dimes on Pit, he's playing 40 tonight (his prior 2 weeks worth of plays had a high of 25 dimes). So he either loves, loves GB, or is chasing...

He's also totally wrong - the Cowboys just beat the Jets, not the Redskins.

I also disagree - I think the Pack, while underrated in terms of respect ATS (witness their best ATS record in the NFL), have been viewed as the #2 team in the NFC, right behind Dallas, for the last several weeks at least. And to me, it doesn't matter whether you give them a #2 ranking behind Dallas, when 2 quality teams are #1 and #2, you've got to beat the #1 guy to take his spot. Just like in the BCS. A close game against the Redskins doesn't mean anything to me. Look how many close games GB has had. If you say GB is getting "disrespect" because they are looked at as the #2 team in the NFC, I'd say that's a little much. If they were the #5 team, yes, that's disrespect. #2? Come on.

Well as STL Fan posted yesterday:

And once we knew it was Lang, it would have to make sense that he's on GB tonight. And, after losing 50 Dimes on Pit, he's playing 40 tonight (his prior 2 weeks worth of plays had a high of 25 dimes). So he either loves, loves GB, or is chasing...

He's also totally wrong - the Cowboys just beat the Jets, not the Redskins.

I also disagree - I think the Pack, while underrated in terms of respect ATS (witness their best ATS record in the NFL), have been viewed as the #2 team in the NFC, right behind Dallas, for the last several weeks at least. And to me, it doesn't matter whether you give them a #2 ranking behind Dallas, when 2 quality teams are #1 and #2, you've got to beat the #1 guy to take his spot. Just like in the BCS. A close game against the Redskins doesn't mean anything to me. Look how many close games GB has had. If you say GB is getting "disrespect" because they are looked at as the #2 team in the NFC, I'd say that's a little much. If they were the #5 team, yes, that's disrespect. #2? Come on.

I do think he was referring to respect ATS for the Pack, not necessarily NFL respect, though he did say that he thinks the Pack wins this outright, so he may think people underestimate them. Personally, I'm a little skeptical (like lots of others here) about anybody who only picks a few games a week that can't come up with anything better than some of the games he has picked.

Lang has to be right SOMETIME, doesn't he?

:D

I like the Under 51.5 play for this game. Just can't seem to get a feel for the side, however.

Incidentally, Burns is on DAL -7 (Thursday Night GOY)

Cannon is on GB +7

Burns__________ Thursday Night GOY__________________DALLAS (-7 or better)

Another Salvo from Nick's big gun__3*____________ DALLAS over Green Bay by 17

The Fall Miracle_________________________________ ______Dallas Cowboys -6.5

Gold Sheet _____________________________________DAL LAS 34 - Green Bay 24

LT'S LOCK_____________________The LOCK_______________The Cowboys -6' pt

Karl Garrett__________________COMP___________ ____Green Bay at DALLAS (-7)

Maddux Sports______________2 units_____________________Dallas -4 (1st Half)

cash pomer__________largest play of the season________________dallas cowboys

Jeff Alexander____________4* NFC Game of the Month_____________Cowboys -7

Pointwise Newsletter______________________________ __Dallas 30 Green Bay 26

Gold Medal Club_________________25*________________ 1st Half Green Bay +4

Mike Rose___________________Free Pick______________Green Bay Packers +7.0

Michael Cannon___________15 Dime___________________________PACKERS +7

Kelso___________________15 units_____________________Packers +7 @ Dallas

Black Cobra___________________________________ _____Green Bay Packers +7

Mighty ! Quinn___________________________________ ____________Packers +7

Cappers Access__________________________________ ____________Packers + 7

3buckwinner_____________________________ ______________Green Bay Packers

Insider Sports Report_______4*____Green Bay +7 over Dallas_Range +8.5 to +5.5

Discount Sports Picks___________10*________________Green Bay +7 over Dallas

Matt Rivers____________________50,000♦_______ _________________Green Bay

Brandon Lang______________40 DIME_____________________Green Bay Packers

ATS FINANCIAL_______________3 units__________________________Green Bay

Randle the Handle_______________________________Gre en Bay +7 over DALLAS

Wild Bill_________________2 units__________________ Over Packer and Cowboys

Gator Report (Cajun-Sports)___________________GREEN BAY / DALLAS OVER 51.5

Jim Rich____________________________________ ______Over G.B. / Boys 51 1/2

Elite Sports Picks________________________________Gre en Bay/Dallas OVER 51.

Karl Garrett__________________COMP 5♦__________________________OVER GB/Dal

Brandon Lang__________________10 DIME_____________Packers-Cowboys OVER

Professional Gambler Newsletter___________________Packers/Cowboys OVER 51.5

ATS LOCK____________________4 units_______________________Over GB/DAL

WUNDERDOG____________________COMP_______ _Green Bay at Dallas UNDER 51

EROCKMONEY______________________________ (Under 51.5) Green Bay at Dallas

Gold Medal Club_________________25*______________1s t Half GB/Dal UNDER 27

rattsass sports service:

GB 1.5 cents

GB

Under .5 cents

Ridiculous 6 team 6 point teaser

GB

GB under

Det

Az

Den

NE .5 cents

LVTR= 4-2 This Week

NFL Green Bay +7

These guys are pretty solid.

Gdawg, see if you see this guy's play:

Ross Benjamin is releasing his annual "NFL" 50* Game of the Year

Tonight Thursday November 29

Ross has been red-hot on his NFL Internet selections going 6 - 1 with his last 7 and 12 - 3 with his last 15.

According to TSM, he's 29-15 on the season. So if you back out 12-3 L15, he started 17-12, and then got hot.

So whats the consensus guys? Who we playing tonight?

Being from Texas, Im pretty sure my guy will get alot of call for Dallas and he'll adjust the line to 7.5.......Im thinking of waiting until the last second and taking the Pack.

edit: I just called him and he has it at -7 / 52..................1st half -4 / 27

Edited by Mojo Rising

Have any college BB tonight Ratt? :D

No, I need at lest another month of action before I would feel comfortable messing with any of that.

Right now I'm just hoping to get back on the right track with the NFL before I expand my horizons much!

No, I need at lest another month of action before I would feel comfortable messing with any of that.

Right now I'm just hoping to get back on the right track with the NFL before I expand my horizons much!

We might have to start up another thread (different forum of course) for some Hoops after Christmas :D

KGB and Woodson are out. Ouch. Not so thrilled about my play at this moment.

Can't find him, but he seems pretty sure of his play. From his site:

$100.00

NFL 50* Green Bay/Dallas Must Win or rest of NFL season is free! (Non-Refundable Purchase)

Ross is so confident in this 50* Game Of The Year selection that if it does not win you will get the rest of the NFL season including the playoffs and The Super Bowl FREE! This is a non-refundable purchase.