[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michigan's Next Head Coach

Rockerbraves

Any ideas on who you think will be the named the next Michigan coach? Pretty quiet up there in Michigan.

Will the Wolverines make a run at Miles, hire within, look to the NFL or what?

Hasnt Miles signed that contract with LSU yet?? I thought he did that last week. Anyway, I just got an email from my buddy in Michigan discussing this. I dont have the link because he just emailed me the names, but he told me it was from Yahoo.

With LSU's Les Miles and Rutgers' Greg Schiano off the list, it looks like the Wolverines may look at Cal's Jeff Tedford, N.C. State's Tom O'Brien, Missouri's Gary Pinkel and Ball State's Brady Hoke.

And a new name may be entering the mix: USC offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian.

One guy I am fairly confident has no shot is Cincinnati coach Brian Kelly.

Hasnt Miles signed that contract with LSU yet?? I thought he did that last week. Anyway, I just got an email from my buddy in Michigan discussing this. I dont have the link because he just emailed me the names, but he told me it was from Yahoo.

Miles did sign a new deal, but from what I hear the Michigan buyout clause 1.25 million hasn't changed. So until Michigan has named a new coach I still consider Miles an outside candidate. What happen to cause Michigan to turn sour on the Cincy coach? Would have put him on top of any short list myself. I heard he had a little problem in his past, but I didn't think it would be enough to stop him from being a candidate for the Michigan job.

Miles did sign a new deal, but from what I hear the Michigan buyout clause 1.25 million hasn't changed. So until Michigan has named a new coach I still consider Miles an outside candidate. What happen to cause Michigan to turn sour on the Cincy coach? Would have put him on top of any short list myself. I heard he had a little problem in his past, but I didn't think it would be enough to stop him from being a candidate for the Michigan job.

I didnt realize the buyout clause was in the new contract. I would still consider him an outsided candidate as well. I am also pretty happy they arent looking at Kelly. He is the one I was most scared about getting the job. He must have done something to piss someone off but I have not heard what it was. I would like to know though. If its not something really serious Michigan is short sighting itself by not looking at this guy. He is flying up the ranks. I am also a bit suprised to see Sarkisian's name up there. How long has he had that OC gig, 2 years? What did he do before that? I'm not bashing him. I just dont know his cred's.

Camel - the info in your buddy's email came off the Sporting News. I don't know what Sarkisian did immediately before becoming USC's OC, but he was a pretty good QB at BYU and knocked around the NFL as a 3rd stringer for 3-4 years.

I'm also with you on not being able to figure out why they aren't looking at Kelly.

If Michigan, Doesnt hire a coach this week, They will after Jan 8......It will be Les Miles, Is pretty much a done deal, Tha info herbie had was dead

on, It was just a bit premature.

Not sure if you have seen this MGOblog. About half way down the page it has the Miles interview on the Dan Patrick Show. Does sound like he loves Michigan. Here's a little bit of this guys take on the Miles to Michigan.

--------------------------------------------

I've long since discarded the idea any information can be considered solid in the ever-shifting sands of a coaching search, especially one as schizophrenic as Michigan's, but... yeah: several previously reliable people have told me that Mary Sue Coleman has gotten directly involved with the search and there exists a solid offer out to one Les Miles.

I was debating whether or not to mention this -- the fear of things falling apart and Miles talking about his damn strong team while talking about misinformation on MGoBlog, etc. -- but when I guested on EDSBS live to talk about the coaching search, Orson was not only unsurprised that Miles was still a possibility but named the exact hypothetical salary hypothetically offered on hypothetical Friday, $2.5 million dollars. So it's not exactly top secret anymore. Yesterday morning Sam Webb and Michael Taylor were discussing it on WTKA, too. A secrets go, this one is pretty open.

----------------------------------------------

http://www.mgoblog.com/

That would kind of contradict Lloyd Carrs explanation of the timing of all of this.

Lloyd needs to prepare for Fla. and stay clear of this. Lloyd's a grumpy grandpa that you don't want to piss off. Don't touch his cookies.

Apparently Michigan & Miles are talking. :D

http://www.freep.com:80/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...RTS06/712110397

While the call between the two sides did not identify Miles as the leading candidate for the coaching vacancy, it did give them a chance to interact formally for the first time and to discuss a number of issues previously handled through intermediaries.

If Miles leaves, Bobby Petrino may be the favorite to take over for LSU. Not a bad option for him, since the Falcons are a sinking ship.

The NFL name that kept coming up at LSU when it looked certain that Miles was leaving was Jacksonville's Jack Del Rio. He was a candidate back when Saban left. Hear his wife is from Louisiana and his daughter attended LSU thus the connection.

FYI: Coach Miles issued this statement today about talking to Michigan. :D

“I had a conversation with Michigan last week that covered a wide range of topics. I was doing nothing more than helping them with their search for a football coach, just as any loyal alumnus might do. It was nothing more than that.

“I’m not a candidate for that job and I will not be a candidate for the job. I was only assisting them in their search for a coach. I have a great job at a wonderful place, a place that my family calls home. It’s time that Michigan goes on with their search for a football coach. I’ll say it again, I’m going to be the coach at LSU next season.” --Coach Miles

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?...;ATCLID=1351311

Edited by Rockerbraves

The NFL name that kept coming up at LSU when it looked certain that Miles was leaving was Jacksonville's Jack Del Rio. He was a candidate back when Saban left. Hear his wife is from Louisiana and his daughter attended LSU thus the connection.

FYI: Coach Miles issued this statement today about talking to Michigan. :D

“I had a conversation with Michigan last week that covered a wide range of topics. I was doing nothing more than helping them with their search for a football coach, just as any loyal alumnus might do. It was nothing more than that.

“I’m not a candidate for that job and I will not be a candidate for the job. I was only assisting them in their search for a coach. I have a great job at a wonderful place, a place that my family calls home. It’s time that Michigan goes on with their search for a football coach. I’ll say it again, I’m going to be the coach at LSU next season.” --Coach Miles

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?...;ATCLID=1351311

This guy is a world class assball. Seriously? Think about what you are saying. Do you think anyone believes you are really assisting Michigan in their search for a new coach? Give me a break.

This guy is a world class assball. Seriously? Think about what you are saying. Do you think anyone believes you are really assisting Michigan in their search for a new coach? Give me a break.

Imagine if your brother or sister had a good business and wanted you to come aboard, but you had your own thing going on. Would imagine you would give them the courtesy of an interview even though you had no real intention of taking the job.

Not sure about you but I would feel the need to at least offer my help in finding someone to fill that position.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Imagine if your brother or sister had a good business and wanted you to come aboard, but you had your own thing going on. Would imagine you would give them the courtesy of an interview even though you had no real intention of taking the job.

Not sure about you but I would feel the need to at least offer my help in finding someone to fill that position.

Jeez, where do I start with this one. If I had no intention of taking the job I wouldnt waste their time or mine. Why would I? If for some reason I did take an interview I wouldnt lie about it. And to help them fill that position is simply a horrible idea for both me and my brothers so called "good business". If he doesnt know what he needs to fill the position how am I, as an outsider, supposed to? Especially when the thing I have going on happens to be a National Championship to prepart for. For him to suggest this is what they are taling about is an insult to my intelligence and would be to you too, if you had any. :D

For him to suggest this is what they are taling about is an insult to my intelligence and would be to you too, if you had any. :D

I know many of you think Miles isn't the brightest of coaches, but even an idiot wouldn't burn that Michigan bridge by refusing to take a call. Who knows Les might be looking for an AD job one day. :D

The way I see that call going down is that Miles politely told them he had no interest and to allow Michigan to save face he said what he did. No big deal.