[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rich Rodriquez Michigans new coach

Sgt. Ryan

The fact that he's friend with a bunch of OSU recruits has to be scary for the Bucks, if Pryor goes to Michigan he could also persuade some of his buddies to follow him, which would give Michigan a top 10 class and really hurt the Bucks.

Pryor is looking at OSU, Michigan, Penn St. , Oregon, Florida and Pittsburg right now. It would be wise for the Bucks to let this kid know, he has dibs on the starting job for '09 , because that is what Penn St, Oregon and Michigan have done.

He is not going to Penn State, Oregon, Florida, or Pittsburgh. He did not like JoePa and came away unimpressed. He won't travel to Oregon or Florida because of distance as he wants to be close to home. Pitt? Give me a break. It is between OSU and Michigan now probably, with OSU being ahead THE WHOLE TIME. What does Michigan have? He will be the first building block. He'd be stupid to go there.

And Tressel doesn't tell anyone they will be starters. I don't think that bothers Pryor because he knows that Tressel will build the offense around him. And with basketball still an option, the Buckeyes look like the better fit by two fold.

Many of the people on this board who think Pryor will end up at Michigan now hadn't even heard of the kid until Rich Rod took the job at Michigan. The kid has been loving the Buckeyes since day one and it isn't changing now.

Edited by Goopster24

I think ultimately that was my point. One presser and he doesn't think the OSU game is that important, just 1 of 12? Give me a break. I guess he should have tore off his shirt and had die OSU written on his chest. Sheesh.

I think Carr did believe the OSU game was the biggest game of the year, he just didn't execute especially and obviously at the end of his tenure. But I have always believed that OSU coaches and fans believe it's a bigger game then Michigan coaches and fans do. I do, I just do.

First of all Carr never hyped the game. Never. That was a sore spot for many alums and fans. Tressel came in and said it day 1. He backed it, which helps, but he knew people needed to hear that. I think Michigan needs to hear that. And second of all if you think Michigan fans dont think its as big of a deal as OSU fans do you are either: typical arrogant Michigan trash, in denial due to the recent record against OSU, or not that much of a fan. My guess is that you are the second option but who knows. Not only does my phone ring constantly the weekend of that game with calls from my freinds who are Michigan fans, but it has rang steadily since Rich Rod signed with them talking trash already. I have several high school freinds that went to UM and they are just as passionate about that game as I am.

First of all Carr never hyped the game. Never. That was a sore spot for many alums and fans. Tressel came in and said it day 1. He backed it, which helps, but he knew people needed to hear that. I think Michigan needs to hear that. And second of all if you think Michigan fans dont think its as big of a deal as OSU fans do you are either: typical arrogant Michigan trash, in denial due to the recent record against OSU, or not that much of a fan. My guess is that you are the second option but who knows. Not only does my phone ring constantly the weekend of that game with calls from my freinds who are Michigan fans, but it has rang steadily since Rich Rod signed with them talking trash already. I have several high school freinds that went to UM and they are just as passionate about that game as I am.

I am a passionate fan but probably not as passionate as the regulars in this forum and your buddies. Been a Mich fan since I could walk, thrown many of clickers in my day, cried after the timeout, the Kordell / Westbrook toss, the NC, etc....

I just don't think it's as big in Mich as it's in OSU. I've lived in both places granted only in Ohio for a year. That game is life in Columbus and throughout the state although I don't think it's as big in the Cleveland area as it's in CBus. I know a few buckeyes that live in CBus including a few on this board and they live Buckeye football. PIctures of their kids in Buckeye gear almost from day one. Just doesn't happen here as much.

First we have two Major universities with almost and maybe more fans of MSU then Michigan. That alone tells me the rivalry overall is bigger in Ohio. 2nd we have always had multiple sports to root for, especially at that time of year with the Wings, Pistons, and Lions (:D)

I felt this way in the 90's when UM owned the rivalry and happened to be the time I lived in Ohio (near Cleveland). When Michigan beat them in 96 the place I worked at was in mourning (sp?) on Monday although probably not as bad as in the Columbus area.

I still get upset, don't get me wrong and as my kids get bigger and I can focus on the game more so then I can now because of the kids sports getting in the way, I'll probably get more revved up at that time, go to the bar or the game or host a party.

Don't get me wrong, with the exception of my son living there and a few misc people in Ohio, I hate the state. Thank god my son is a Michigan fan. I'll work on his Indian and Cavalier loyalty but for now he's a Wolverine.

I am a passionate fan but probably not as passionate as the regulars in this forum and your buddies. Been a Mich fan since I could walk, thrown many of clickers in my day, cried after the timeout, the Kordell / Westbrook toss, the NC, etc....

I just don't think it's as big in Mich as it's in OSU. I've lived in both places granted only in Ohio for a year. That game is life in Columbus and throughout the state although I don't think it's as big in the Cleveland area as it's in CBus. I know a few buckeyes that live in CBus including a few on this board and they live Buckeye football. PIctures of their kids in Buckeye gear almost from day one. Just doesn't happen here as much.

First we have two Major universities with almost and maybe more fans of MSU then Michigan. That alone tells me the rivalry overall is bigger in Ohio. 2nd we have always had multiple sports to root for, especially at that time of year with the Wings, Pistons, and Lions (:D)

I felt this way in the 90's when UM owned the rivalry and happened to be the time I lived in Ohio (near Cleveland). When Michigan beat them in 96 the place I worked at was in mourning (sp?) on Monday although probably not as bad as in the Columbus area.

I still get upset, don't get me wrong and as my kids get bigger and I can focus on the game more so then I can now because of the kids sports getting in the way, I'll probably get more revved up at that time, go to the bar or the game or host a party.

Don't get me wrong, with the exception of my son living there and a few misc people in Ohio, I hate the state. Thank god my son is a Michigan fan. I'll work on his Indian and Cavalier loyalty but for now he's a Wolverine.

I agree with most of what you said except the bolded part. The Wolverines have FAR more fans. It isn't even close. I think that's the crux of the MSU hatred for UM. The media has covered UM to a much larger extent historically which probably helped create such a wide fan base.

Edited by Puddy

MSU has an inferiority complex when it comes to Michigan.

As a Michigan fan what I have observed is that a large percentage of Michigan fans root for State unless they are playing UM. ZERO percent of MSU fans root for UM regardless of opponent.

Edited by Puddy

And as an unbiased 3rd party observer, I agree with you word for word. And it's funny because when it comes to hoops MSU's program is far and away superior, but it just goes to show you, that in the Midwest it's really all about what happens on the gridiron. Because out west, I guarantee folks in Arizona or UCLA fans don't have the same complex about USC, and it's because they put basketball up just as high. My advice to Michigan State would be, be proud of your basketball team, and just relax.

MSU needed a change and patience is needed.

MSU is bound to have a season to remember at some point.

I think people forget how hard it is to win championships in college football.

My son is 5 and just expects OSU to win every game. I have to be carfeful with him and try to explain it's possible for OSU to lose.

I'm not trying to be smart either, my son just looks at me funny when I tell him that Michigan will some day beat OSU.

The Illinios game was hard for him and I told him it's a game and teams win and teams lose and today OSU lost and we move on and root for them next week and he bounced back pretty good from that. I come from the Cooper "era" so I UNDERSTAND how hard it is to win a championship or even the National Championship. The Florida game also was a tough game, but he took the Illinois game much worse.

I took my son to his first game against YSU which he loved and he was just in so much awe from the band running on the field to the game just everything. I'm driving home and my wife tells me Michigan lost to APP. STATE and after I picked the phone off the seat she wondered why I was not more happy about it. I told her some Michigan fan took his son to the Big House for his first game and now he's trying to explain that loss.

My point is most all our teams have good years and bad years and if Sabin had not left MSU, I really think they would have won a National Championship. MSU and Michigan today have gotten better and being a Buckeye fan I feel Michigan made a great hire and patience is needed there as well, maybe a season and the Wolves will be tough to handle. MSU needs to give Mark D. time.

Edited by sacosud