[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Legal troubles for Randy Moss?

Wolverines Fan

Randy Moss' attorney indicated that the woman requesting a restraining order against him injured a finger in their "consensual horseplay."

Moss isn't expected to face criminal charges, and doesn't have to appear in court for his January 28th hearing in Florida. He and the woman have known each other for 11 years, and the woman hasn't accused Randy of hitting her, but she reportedly got x-rays on her injured finger that came back negative. How she injured the finger is unknown, but "getting Randy" is starting to take on a whole new meaning.

Source: Providence Journal

Oh lordy... where oh where was that finger?

Edit: Perhaps the "horseplay" was: Pull My Finger.

Edited by Sturphy

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy Moss' attorney indicated that the woman requesting a restraining order against him injured a finger in their "consensual horseplay."

Moss isn't expected to face criminal charges, and doesn't have to appear in court for his January 28th hearing in Florida. He and the woman have known each other for 11 years, and the woman hasn't accused Randy of hitting her, but she reportedly got x-rays on her injured finger that came back negative. How she injured the finger is unknown, but "getting Randy" is starting to take on a whole new meaning.

Source: Providence Journal

He must have taken sit and spin literally. :D

Restraining orders kick in right away for the protection of the alleged victim from imminent danger. It was issued "ex parte" after the judge considered her side of the story and lasts until the hearing. If Moss decides to skip the full hearing during SB week, they will only hear the woman's side of the story, which isn't good for Moss since he has a record.

Moss doesn't even have to show to the hearing 1/28 and it would be of his best interest if he didn't his lawyer will take care of everything until the civil case takes place at which Moss will have to attend court.

Moss doesn't even have to show to the hearing 1/28 and it would be of his best interest if he didn't his lawyer will take care of everything until the civil case takes place at which Moss will have to attend court.

They just said on NFL Live that he will try to get a continuance on the hearing until after the SB.

You're right. Leaving the thread title as it is may end up hurting Moss's reputation among Huddlers.

I can't say that I was against trading for Moss in the offseason, but since Moss can't seem to escape controversy even in his best year and seeing that the Packers made it this far without him, I guess I'm glad TT didn't pull the trigger.

Edited by budlitebrad

if it were me, and a restraining order was issued on me and i was being accused of a battery and the accusing party had a lawyer and i had a court date and i had to hire a lawyer, um, i'd be ok with saying i had legal troubles....just me i guess.

maybe the OP didnt want to name the thread,

'Randy Moss is having some difficulty with a woman

he's known for 11 years who has accused him of a battery but it really looks like a shakedown for some

cash but i think it all will be dropped once the facts come out', because it didnt fit in that little thread title space? :D

Slapping a 'question mark' at the end of a fragment does not make it a question.

No, it makes it an indicator of speculation in this case, as opposed to a question per se e.g."Who Do I Sit?". However, speculation is a type of question in and of itself, so the question mark is more than justified, far more so than it's absence would be.

Just a question here and I'm sorry if someone else posted this already, but what happens if she's at the game this weekend in a front row seat??? I'm hoping all you lawyers will chime in and tell me what would go down. Is she in the wrong for going to the game when she knows he is there?? The Chargers might wanna get her some tix :D

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/sports/15077384/detail.html

BOSTON -- The woman accusing Patriots star Randy Moss of assault said Moss offered her a "six figure settlement" to end the matter, according to a statement issued by her attorney Thursday.

A temporary restraining order was issued Monday requiring the star wide receiver to stay at least 500 feet from Rachelle Washington who alleged he committed "battery causing serious injury" to her at her Florida home on Jan. 6.

"Ms. Washington has been unfairly characterized as someone simply seeking financial gain. In fact, it was Mr. Moss' representatives who first contacted our office to offer a 'six figure' settlement with hopes of not having this incident become public record," the statement from attorney David McGill read.

Moss has denied the allegation of assault, which he called "this situation of extortion," and said he was "furious" about it. He called what happened "an accident." No criminal charge has been brought.

"As the evidence will show, there is serious doubt that Mr. Moss is capable of recalling with clarity the exact details of what transpired that evening," the statement from McGill said.

Moss and Washington have been friends for 11 years. Washington alleged Moss refused to allow her to seek medical treatment.

"She simply wants him to take responsibility for what he has done. As a battery victim, she has shown great strength throughout this entire ordeal."

"I want to make something clear," Moss said. "In my whole entire life of living 30 years, I've never put my hand on one woman, physically or in an angry manner."

A hearing on whether to issue a permanent restraining order is scheduled for Jan. 28, six days

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/sports/15077384/detail.html

BOSTON -- The woman accusing Patriots star Randy Moss of assault said Moss offered her a "six figure settlement" to end the matter, according to a statement issued by her attorney Thursday.

A temporary restraining order was issued Monday requiring the star wide receiver to stay at least 500 feet from Rachelle Washington who alleged he committed "battery causing serious injury" to her at her Florida home on Jan. 6.

"Ms. Washington has been unfairly characterized as someone simply seeking financial gain. In fact, it was Mr. Moss' representatives who first contacted our office to offer a 'six figure' settlement with hopes of not having this incident become public record," the statement from attorney David McGill read.

Moss has denied the allegation of assault, which he called "this situation of extortion," and said he was "furious" about it. He called what happened "an accident." No criminal charge has been brought.

"As the evidence will show, there is serious doubt that Mr. Moss is capable of recalling with clarity the exact details of what transpired that evening," the statement from McGill said.

Moss and Washington have been friends for 11 years. Washington alleged Moss refused to allow her to seek medical treatment.

"She simply wants him to take responsibility for what he has done. As a battery victim, she has shown great strength throughout this entire ordeal."

"I want to make something clear," Moss said. "In my whole entire life of living 30 years, I've never put my hand on one woman, physically or in an angry manner."

A hearing on whether to issue a permanent restraining order is scheduled for Jan. 28, six days

:D Riiiiiight. Moss offered her "6 figures" for a sprained finger. And she said...No thanks, I'd rather slander and get nothing...

:D Riiiiiight. Moss offered her "6 figures" for a sprained finger. And she said...No thanks, I'd rather slander and get nothing...

I was wondering about that article,once it said he offered her,then later it says his represenatives offered her lawyers a deal.I guess it could be both,just seemed like odd wording for some reason.

Edited by xtra

All you're hearing is Moss' side of this story. If they say she turned down $500,000 there is more here than they let on.

All you're hearing is Moss' side of this story. If they say she turned down $500,000 there is more here than they let on.

Tim DiPiero, agent for Patriots receiver Randy Moss, emailed the following tonight regarding the situation regarding his client:

My communications with Mr. McGill began last Wednesday. He told me that Randy had intentionally hurt his client’s hand and wouldn’t take her to the hospital and that if Randy didn’t pay up, he would go public and file suit in Florida for battery. He gave me until 3 pm Friday to let him know. He demanded that I not come up with “something like $50,000 or $75,000,” but something with “six figures.” He had told me that the x-rays on her hand or finger were negative. I explained that it was my understanding that what occurred was the result of a horseplay-type accident and Randy was sorry it had occurred and he would pay for her medical bills and pain and suffering and that I would prefer to turn this over to his homeowners’ insurance coverage as we normally do with accidents. He said he was not interested in insurance or what her injuries were. He said he was evaluating the claim based on what Randy stood to lose. He threatened that Randy would suffer large amounts of money in future salaries and endorsements and what he claimed would be game suspensions.

He also threatened that his client had lots of “dirt” on him. Making such threats is clearly unethical, and in my opinion, criminal. When I tried to ascertain the extent of her injuries, he said that he didn’t know and that it didn’t matter as I just needed to make an offer big enough that she would take it. I sought the assistance of a skilled attorney and friend, Joe Friedberg of Minneapolis, who contacted a friend of his, Richard Sharpstein in Miami, to assist me. Each of them tried to talk to McGill and they both experienced the same attempts to shake down Randy. In fact, he tried to intimidate me by telling me that I would be blamed if the suit got filed. He said in a threatening tone that “it behooved me” to make a big offer and he told me, “don’t blow it.” On Friday afternoon, I contacted the FBI and the US Attorneys’ Offices here in Charleston about his threats. McGill claimed to be driving to the courthouse to file the complaint. I asked if by six figures, he meant $100,000 and he told me to quit “nickel and diming” him. The filing time passed on Friday and he was upset that he had not filed before the Patriot game on Saturday. He kept pushing me to make a big offer. We asked him for a figure and after refusing for awhile, he gave us one, “$500,000, take it or leave it.”

You only want to believe his guilt.

What more could there be? We have all the information from her greivance and negative x-ray.

If it was an emergency, why did she wait until days later to go to the hospital? And then it was merely a sprained finger! Hell I've done that playing basketball. Can I get a restraining order against the guy who threw the ball???

She says he refused her medical attention? How? Doesn't she have a phone? Her finger was so badly sprained she couldn't dial 9-1-1?

She says she was unable to drive? From sprained finger?? Once again, call someone to take you. Call an ambulance. Call a taxi. Call someone! No finger injury prevents a person from driving unless they have only ONE finger. I doubt she only has one finger.

What does Moss "owning guns" and "drinking alcohol" have to do with a sexual encounter and a sprained finger? Answer: nothing! She is trying to slander the man, plain and simple. Not to mention she took out an 8 day 500 ft restraining order on a man 1000 miles away, who has no chance of returning in those 8 days. Does that even make a bit of sense???

Tim DiPiero, agent for Patriots receiver Randy Moss, emailed the following tonight regarding the situation regarding his client:

My communications with Mr. McGill began last Wednesday. He told me that Randy had intentionally hurt his client’s hand and wouldn’t take her to the hospital and that if Randy didn’t pay up, he would go public and file suit in Florida for battery. He gave me until 3 pm Friday to let him know. He demanded that I not come up with “something like $50,000 or $75,000,” but something with “six figures.” He had told me that the x-rays on her hand or finger were negative. I explained that it was my understanding that what occurred was the result of a horseplay-type accident and Randy was sorry it had occurred and he would pay for her medical bills and pain and suffering and that I would prefer to turn this over to his homeowners’ insurance coverage as we normally do with accidents. He said he was not interested in insurance or what her injuries were. He said he was evaluating the claim based on what Randy stood to lose. He threatened that Randy would suffer large amounts of money in future salaries and endorsements and what he claimed would be game suspensions.

He also threatened that his client had lots of “dirt” on him. Making such threats is clearly unethical, and in my opinion, criminal. When I tried to ascertain the extent of her injuries, he said that he didn’t know and that it didn’t matter as I just needed to make an offer big enough that she would take it. I sought the assistance of a skilled attorney and friend, Joe Friedberg of Minneapolis, who contacted a friend of his, Richard Sharpstein in Miami, to assist me. Each of them tried to talk to McGill and they both experienced the same attempts to shake down Randy. In fact, he tried to intimidate me by telling me that I would be blamed if the suit got filed. He said in a threatening tone that “it behooved me” to make a big offer and he told me, “don’t blow it.” On Friday afternoon, I contacted the FBI and the US Attorneys’ Offices here in Charleston about his threats. McGill claimed to be driving to the courthouse to file the complaint. I asked if by six figures, he meant $100,000 and he told me to quit “nickel and diming” him. The filing time passed on Friday and he was upset that he had not filed before the Patriot game on Saturday. He kept pushing me to make a big offer. We asked him for a figure and after refusing for awhile, he gave us one, “$500,000, take it or leave it.”

f, where did you get this?