[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kiper's 2008 Mock Draft

THE SIX KINGS

:wacko: Are you going to hold that Colts team up as one that had a shot at getting over the hump? The point being made here is that those Colts needed a QB badly. They weren't getting it done without one.

One Hail Mary from the Super Bowl is the best the Colts had ever done up to that point. :D

You said "IIRC, the Colts still sucked after taking Faulk". I was just showing you that was not the case.

And like I said in an earlier post, the confrontation between Tobin and Kiper was NOT over the Faulk pick, it was the Trev Alberts pick at #5.

14) Chicago Bears: Sam Baker, OT, USC

Finally a mock that doesn't have Chitown taking a QB or RB. OL is the biggest need.

27) San Diego Chargers: Reggie Smith, CB, Oklahoma

Chargers do not have a 2nd round pick (Chambers), 3rd round pick (Weddle), or 4th round pick (Oliver)

With the 1st rounder, it should be CB, S, or OL.

CB because Florence is a FA (Cromartie to start)

S because McCree will be cut (Weddle to start)

OL because you can never have enough of them.

They should get a 3rd or 4th round compensation pick for losing Donnie Edwards.

With the comp pick, 5th, 6th, and 7th. expect:

A #3 RB (Turner is a FA), a #3 QB (Volek is a FA), perhaps another FB (Neal could be gone), and OL depth.

One Hail Mary from the Super Bowl is the best the Colts had ever done up to that point. :wacko:

You said "IIRC, the Colts still sucked after taking Faulk". I was just showing you that was not the case.

And like I said in an earlier post, the confrontation between Tobin and Kiper was NOT over the Faulk pick, it was the Trev Alberts pick at #5.

Thats right it was.

"Kiper projected quarterback Jeff George of the University of Illinois as a mid-round pick, George selected as number 1 overall by the Indianapolis Colts

Kiper projected Notre Dame quarterback Rick Mirer as the 30th pick; he was selected second overall by the Seattle Seahawks."

I don't see how this shows him to not be a good evaluator. George was a huge reach by the Colts at #1, and they traded up to do it. If Kiper projected him as a mid-round pick, that is better evaluating than the Colts did. They could have had him later and not traded away their best offensive lineman (Chris Hinton) and their best WR (Andre Rison).

And if he projected Mirer not to be deserving of the #2 pick, um . . . was he wrong? Mirer had a good rookie year but sucked forever after.

Wherever you got that quote royal, it's full of holes. I don't think you could find a single GM who hasn't completely whiffed on a prospect now and then. The difference is they get to keep their draft boards private. Kiper doesn't.

Hmm. It's not the gospel. But those are the facts...

Chargers do not have a 2nd round pick (Chambers), 3rd round pick (Weddle), or 4th round pick (Oliver)

With the 1st rounder, it should be CB, S, or OL.

CB because Florence is a FA (Cromartie to start)

S because McCree will be cut (Weddle to start)

OL because you can never have enough of them.

They should get a 3rd or 4th round compensation pick for losing Donnie Edwards.

With the comp pick, 5th, 6th, and 7th. expect:

A #3 RB (Turner is a FA), a #3 QB (Volek is a FA), perhaps another FB (Neal could be gone), and OL depth.

Nice analysis! :wacko: