[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So the Panthers have done.....what exactly?

LooGie

Panthers WR Dwayne Jarrett was arrested Tuesday in Mecklenberg County, North Carolina for driving while impaired.

This can't help his chances of being counted on for a major a role in Carolina's offense. Jarrett hardly saw the field as a rookie, and another off-field infraction would almost surely lead to a league-imposed suspension. This will also likely place Jarrett in the league's substance abuse program.

More dead weight cut to give us some more room under the cap...

Panthers cut Justin Hartwig - C

Guess we know for sure that Kahil is the new guy in the middle for this year with Hartwig sent packing.

What position are you thinking the panthers are targeting in the first 2 or so rounds of the draft?

I think if Ryan Clady is there at #13 it will be an easy call for the 1st round pick... if not, I would like to see us take Mendenhall to pair with DW to make a potent RB tandem, with them going for the OT in the 2nd round.

My gut tells me that they will pass on Mendenhall and take either Chris Williams from Vandy or either Harvey or Merling to bolster the DE depth and hope they can boost the pass rush this year. If they target Clady, they may actually trade up to get him as I think they really like him, but they typically trade down, so I think they will opt for Williams instead of moving up.

Looks like D.J. Hackett is coming in for a visit on Friday. The fact that Jarrett's DWI, may have caused the Panthers to put too much stock on Jarrett as a potential starter this year, so the visit is welcome news for Panthers fans. Perhaps they might bring in Bryant Johnson for a visit if they are unable to sign Hackett to a reasonable deal.

Hackett to visit Friday

Looks like D.J. Hackett is coming in for a visit on Friday. The fact that Jarrett's DWI, may have caused the Panthers to put too much stock on Jarrett as a potential starter this year, so the visit is welcome news for Panthers fans. Perhaps they might bring in Bryant Johnson for a visit if they are unable to sign Hackett to a reasonable deal.

Hackett to visit Friday

After a slow start to Free Agency, the Panthers are slowing making some good moves to improve the team, without breaking the bank and handicapping our cap for future years. Nice signing getting Hackett to help out Steve Smith. :wacko:

Hackett signs with the Panthers

After a slow start to Free Agency, the Panthers are slowing making some good moves to improve the team, without breaking the bank and handicapping our cap for future years. Nice signing getting Hackett to help out Steve Smith. :D

Hackett signs with the Panthers

I love this move. (Hackett is still no where close to a posession guy like Keyshawn was. I can only assume Key was cut for personal reasons). I think SS w/ Moose and Hackett in the lineup is pure win for a QB like Delhomme, and if Jarrett earns playing time, it could be another hot year for Delhomme.

I'm still not happy about the RB situation. I would like a bigger name to go along side DeAngelo (than Toefield? say it aint so LooGie?! :wacko::D) but so far, the Panthers have strengthed some key positions where it's lacked for the past 3 to 4 years. Hopefully they're not done yet.

Again, a player like Kevin Jones would make me giddy.

edit: I'm thinking of Hackett as a #3 and a possession guy, simply because of how good Moose was for us in the past. His rapport w/ Delhomme is outstanding, and I'm thinking they'll fall back into their groove. I see Moose #2 and Hackett #3 is the jist here. :brew:

Edited by LooGie

I love this move. (Hackett is still no where close to a posession guy like Keyshawn was. I can only assume Key was cut for personal reasons). I think SS w/ Moose and Hackett in the lineup is pure win for a QB like Delhomme, and if Jarrett earns playing time, it could be another hot year for Delhomme.

I'm still not happy about the RB situation. I would like a bigger name to go along side DeAngelo (than Toefield? say it aint so LooGie?! :wacko::D) but so far, the Panthers have strengthed some key positions where it's lacked for the past 3 to 4 years. Hopefully they're not done yet.

edit: I'm thinking of Hackett as a #3 and a possession guy, simply because of how good Moose was for us in the past. His rapport w/ Delhomme is outstanding, and I'm thinking they'll fall back into their groove. I see Moose #2 and Hackett #3 is the jist here. :D

They'll add another back on the first day of the draft.

edit: I'm thinking of Hackett as a #3 and a possession guy, simply because of how good Moose was for us in the past. His rapport w/ Delhomme is outstanding, and I'm thinking they'll fall back into their groove. I see Moose #2 and Hackett #3 is the jist here. :D

Regardless of the rapport Moose has with Delhomme, word is Hackett will be the #2 WR and Moose will be the slot guy and that's a good move cause both will be more effective from those spots.

Is there any chance that Smith could move into the slot on 3 wr sets?

Why not? Even though he is a very tough WR, it could only benefit both himself as well as the team allowing him to get off the LOS with little or no resistance and into the secondary. I'm sure they done it in the past by putting him in motion and will continue to do so moving forward.

• 2 weeks later...
I think if Ryan Clady is there at #13 it will be an easy call for the 1st round pick... if not, I would like to see us take Mendenhall to pair with DW to make a potent RB tandem, with them going for the OT in the 2nd round.

Looks like the Panthers are very interested in Mendenhall after all.

Panthers attend private workout by Mendenhall :wacko::D