[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

keith rivers and the patriots

No, it's not. Belichick has taken chances on questionable character in the past. But this is a horse of a different color. It's pretty obvious that Belichick feels that he can fill his LB needs through FA and doesn't have to burn high drafts picks to do it - and he's put up very good Ds with that philosphy despite the shifting LB equation. He has a very good knack at figuring which FA LBs fit into what he needs them to do in an almost uncanny manner. Plus, he can get released vets at a discount from what he'd have to pay upper level draft picks.

In fact, given his philosophy in running the team, it wouldn't suprise me to see him trade down. He prides himself on bringing in FAs at reduced costs, guys who will sacrifice some money in order to win a ring. That may not sit well in the NE locker room with the vets there who did make that sacrifice that a kid who hasn't taken a snap in the league will get compensated very well (assuming NE's pick gets slotted for rookie bonus/salary like other draft picks will). I'll be watching that with great interest. There have been some cracks in the NE aura in the recent past.

oh...true, true

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well...rivers was gone....but uhhhh his measurables are about identical to jerod mayos

I'm surprised they took a LB at all, but Mayo is definitely "stouter" than Rivers. I'm not going to nitpick, but with the numbers we were talking about, there's a significant difference between 6-3, 235 and 6-1, 242.

It's about equal to the difference between 5-9, 205 (Westbrook) and 6-0, 200 (Reggie Bush).

well...rivers was gone....but uhhhh his measurables are about identical to jerod mayos

well not sure how true it is but they reported that Mayo was at the top of their draft board over rivers....you dont really think they would have traded down if Rivers was the guy that they coveted do you?

oh...true, true

You want me to on up in this thread, too? I don't have a problem with it. I misread it completely and was 100% wrong. That's the sign of a mature intelligent coach he's got a pattern of behavior that he strongly believes in but he's willing to look outside of his own box when the opportunity presents itself - which it did & he did.

Well done and a great pick by NE.

I'm surprised they took a LB at all, but Mayo is definitely "stouter" than Rivers. I'm not going to nitpick, but with the numbers we were talking about, there's a significant difference between 6-3, 235 and 6-1, 242.

It's about equal to the difference between 5-9, 205 (Westbrook) and 6-0, 200 (Reggie Bush).

or rivers being listed at 6-2 241??

yeah keggerz...i had heard friday that they had mayo over rivers on their board....after they dumped their pick so NO could take ellis...they had to have known that cincy would probaly take rivers...worked out just perfect for them