[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Early Rookie LB Reports?

I did not know that :wacko:

You deserved that. Just because a player is (allegedly) the best LB on the team doesn't mean he's capable of being a good MLB. I'd use DJ Williams as a prime example. There's no question he was the best LB on DEN last year, and barring a rookie surprise of epic proportions will be the best LB on the team this year. But he was definitely out of position at MLB last year and it showed. He put up good tackle numbers, but he wasn't the attacking do-it-all LB that he is on the edge.

Would you have put Lawrence Taylor at MLB?

As to Rivers, from what I've seen he doesn't have very good instincts. He may be able to utilize his athletic ability at WLB, but I think he'd get completely swamped at MLB. I've got enough doubts about him as it is. I agree that he'd be better than Dhani Freakin' Jones at MLB, but that would weaken the D as a whole because of the weakness it would give CIN at MLB & WLB, unless someone like Blackstock were to step up out of the blue.

You deserved that. Just because a player is (allegedly) the best LB on the team doesn't mean he's capable of being a good MLB. I'd use DJ Williams as a prime example. There's no question he was the best LB on DEN last year, and barring a rookie surprise of epic proportions will be the best LB on the team this year. But he was definitely out of position at MLB last year and it showed. He put up good tackle numbers, but he wasn't the attacking do-it-all LB that he is on the edge.

Would you have put Lawrence Taylor at MLB?

No because he was more of a DE than a LB anyway

As to Rivers, from what I've seen he doesn't have very good instincts. He may be able to utilize his athletic ability at WLB, but I think he'd get completely swamped at MLB. I've got enough doubts about him as it is. I agree that he'd be better than Dhani Freakin' Jones at MLB, but that would weaken the D as a whole because of the weakness it would give CIN at MLB & WLB, unless someone like Blackstock were to step up out of the blue.

And for some reason I thought he played some MLB in college. EiIther way, he'd be better in the middle than Dhani.

EiIther way, he'd be better in the middle than Dhani.

I agree with this. But that's not an endorsement for Rivers' ability at MLB, but rather an indictment as to how poor of a MLB Jones is. That said, unless someone were to step up their game at WLB and give CIN some credible play there, it doesn't make sense to play Rivers out of position and mitigate the ability that he has, thus making all 3 LBs very questionable. If you play Rivers at WLB, at least you play to his strengths and may get some credible play out of one of your LB spots.

No because he was more of a DE than a LB anyway

:wacko:

How do you comed to this kind of conclusion? He clearly played in space, not on the line, and averaged 84 tackles a year to go with 11 sacks a year.

You can't find more than a handful of cumulative D Linemen who have hit more than 85 tackles in a single season in the past decade when you put them together as a group.

:wacko:

How do you comed to this kind of conclusion? He clearly played in space, not on the line, and averaged 84 tackles a year to go with 11 sacks a year.

You can't find more than a handful of cumulative D Linemen who have hit more than 85 tackles in a single season in the past decade when you put them together as a group.

My point was would you rather see Merriman and Ware at DE or MLB? (Assuming they moved from a 3-4 to 4-3.)

All of my memories of LT1 we're sacking the QB and making plays behind the line of scrimmage. Granted I was young so I didn't really watch him drop into coverage much but I'm sure he went after the QB way more than play a traditional LB role.

Edited by Zooty