[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

John Lynch a Patriot

Hugh 0ne

1 year, $1.5 mil is what WRKO in Boston is saying.

Guessing here, but I think you'll see him filling the rolls they hoped to fill with Tank Williams. Some Safety. Some ILB. Some wherever he's needed in whatever new 8 DB defefnse BB comes up with.

My only problem here is he's not Tank. I'm not sure what he's got left. This D has been doing a good job getting younger in recent drafts (Mayo and Crable), especially in the backfield (Merriweather, Wheatley, Wilhite, Sanders) and I think they need to let these guys play. I'd rather see what they got there then see Fernando Bryant, Jason Webster, Victor Hobson and John Lynch on the field.

Guessing here, but I think you'll see him filling the rolls they hoped to fill with Tank Williams. Some Safety. Some ILB. Some wherever he's needed in whatever new 8 DB defefnse BB comes up with.

My only problem here is he's not Tank. I'm not sure what he's got left. This D has been doing a good job getting younger in recent drafts (Mayo and Crable), especially in the backfield (Merriweather, Wheatley, Wilhite, Sanders) and I think they need to let these guys play. I'd rather see what they got there then see Fernando Bryant, Jason Webster, Victor Hobson and John Lynch on the field.

Don't worry...you will not see Webster play. He will get hurt in the warm ups and be out for the year.

:wacko:

Love it.

Another veteran presence amongst the youngsters. Probably on the field for 20-25 plays a game. Big hitter. Not enough left to play every down but a great addition.

To funny...he is old and slow. I'm sure the patroits will juice him up and get him out there though.

"Here is your contract to sign Mr. Lynch and your box of HGH to start taking."

Yes, I am a bitter bills fan...

I'd like to see more of Sanders.

How exactly does he fit into the Pats' scheming? He is a complete liability in pass coverage, and he plays too small to play LB. The only spot for him on the field is Harrison's spot, and then only on running downs - and he left DEN for exactly that reason. There's plenty of vet leadership in NE.

I don't see how this becomes a positive, barring an injury to Harrison.

How exactly does he fit into the Pats' scheming? He is a complete liability in pass coverage, and he plays too small to play LB. The only spot for him on the field is Harrison's spot, and then only on running downs - and he left DEN for exactly that reason. There's plenty of vet leadership in NE.

I agree. Unless BB has something in mind for a 2-9 type D or something crazy where Harrison, Lynch, Sanders, Merrriweather, Hobbs, Wheatly, Wilhite, Bryant & Webster all play?

:wacko:

I agree. Unless BB has something in mind for a 2-9 type D or something crazy where Harrison, Lynch, Sanders, Merrriweather, Hobbs, Wheatly, Wilhite, Bryant & Webster all play?

:D

You mean Bill hasn't tried that yet? How about a 0-11? :wacko:

Well, Rodney has been known to get hurt now and then. I think Lynch will rotate through the new fangled "hybrid" position that the NFL has grown so fond of (Safety/LB).

I do think that he agreed to basically the same role he would have had in Denver. I guess he figured at his age, he doesn't have much chance left to win the SB again so might as well go with the odds on favorite.

that was sorta my thought as well. lynch is still very capable of contributing, but in pretty much the exact role harrison already fills.

maybe they are figuring one can fill in for the other during their cheap-shot suspensions :wacko: