[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamal Lewis

I notice that the huddle has him at 10 on one of their cheat sheets. Does anyone think that he will be a top ten back? I know he has a good line in front of him, and the Browns actually have a passing game. Just wondering what everyone else thought of his chances this year.

I got him in a trade last year, the week of his 4 td game. He was a big part of my making the title game. But, at the time I just thought I was lucky to get what I could get out of him. I never dreamed that some would have him ranked this high.

He has a tougher schedule this year and I think Anderson won't put up the same numbers (edit to add) so the rushing game might suffer a tad with defenses adjusting to the surprise that was Anderson. The NFC East is a pretty tough division so I think the running game will be tested there.

Cliaz projections -

310 rushes for 1200 yards 8 rushing Tds, 20 receptions 150 yards 1 Td

Edited by cliaz

I'd put Jerry Lewis ahead of Larry Johnson.

Werd. I can assure you, if I end up taking Larry Johnson, I will announce his name with a palpable tone of defeat. As in, "Christ, I simply can't pass this guy up anymore. Whatever, Larry Johnson."

I'm actually a predicting a slide down his production from last season, for the same exact reason that I was touting him heavily before last season. Jamal Lewis, as much as any single player in the NFL, is an effort and attitude player. He played the entire season last year with a huge chip on his shoulder. Now that he has had some success again, I fully expect that chip to evaporate. He will become rather ordinary again, and thus, so will the Browns. I think he will still rush for 1,000 yards and have 8-10 TDs, so he should still be a pretty good #2 RB, but he won't get to that 1300/12 level that some seem to be expecting him to do again.