[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As a Panther fan

LooGie

I just really dont know how to feel. Don't misunderstand me. I'm ecstatic. Carolina looks in person, like what they do on paper. It's a breath of fresh air to see them win games that they should win.

Carolina never has played well at home. Hasn't won a home opener since Al Davis was of sound mind and body, and has always left the fans worried about what team is gonna show up on any given sunday.

That's the headache that has always assaulted Carolina fans. The frustration of watching a better team (95% of the time anyway. And of course, I mean "on paper") come up with ways to sluggishly lose yet another game, to a theoretically inferior team.

But this season has me truly...shocked, if i may say so. Something is different this time. You take these 2 games, exactly as they've been played this year, and even add S. Smith to the formula, and put these games into last year, and the Panthers would lose both of em. They would probably make a slight comeback, get some hopes up, only to BARELY lose it at the end. But this year, put them in some close games, one on the road, all the way across the country, and another at home where they NOTORIOUSLY play awful, and btw, take away S.Smith and they win?

We finally draft an offensive player that's worth a damn? A running back no less?

We finally have multiple options in the passing game? And they're capable of making big plays?

We finally cut some serious dead weight, and it appears to be a true case of addition by subtraction?

I'm getting a warm, fuzzy feeling I haven't felt in a long time, and while the penalties and close calls have me worried, they're almost wiped completely in my mind by the sheer dominating physicalness of the defense. I see alot of things to be happy and excited about, and unlike past year, not alot (at this early time in the season) to be concerned about, other than stupid penalties.

edit: some crazy image tag. not sure what that's about

Edited by LooGie

For what it's worth Loogie, we can't see images posted from your harddrive.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: LooGie.

· View this post

· Squeeze me a little harder LooGie

You know what? I'm happy I could be a part of your non-stop struggle. You truly are a man of your virtues, and I am proud, PROUD I say, to be a rung in your ladder of life.

You see, there are 2 types of men. Those that FEEL THE NEED, and those NEED TO FEEL.

Most men feel the need to be good fathers

Most men feel the need to be good husbands

Most men feel the need to be good people.

You won't be bothered by such trivial things. You need to feel.

You need to feel important on a fantasy football message board. This is your virtue. This is your place and lot in life. That's why you ignore those with different opinions than yours. It makes you feel big, and powerful. But see, you aren't capable of simply ignoring. You have to show your high power and actually post the ignore for ALL to see. It's empowering to you.

Even when annoyed by those with different opinions, most men FEEL THE NEED to be somewhat disciplined and courteous. Not you. You feel no such things. Trivial they are.

When you go into a FF Advice thread and that user has already been ignored, you are incapable of simply leaving. You cannot simply move along. This would go against the fiber of your entire being. All that you are is the Huddle, and you'll be damned if someone doesn't know your power within.

I know you're a father.

I know you're a husband.

I know you're a man.

But I also know, the most important thing in your life is The Huddle. You can't deny it. Just look at your posts.

Therefore, I am happy to help a person become one step closer to their only goal in life. If ignoring me will help put your soul to rest, or at least get you a fraction closer to it, then by God I am ECSTATIC to do it. Ignore me Grits. You've earned it.

While I'm sure your wife and son have no idea quite how powerful you are, I can't help but feel sorry for them. Perhaps they are holding you back from your cosmic destiny. I can only imagine that not being able to completely "ignore" them (even more so) only splinters your soul and cracks your already diminishing satisfaction of life, and the world around you.

Hang in there, man. One day, you shall climb your Everest, and catch your unicorn. It's only a matter of time and a lack of family virtues and basic humility.

:wacko: You will truly leave your mark, here on the Huddle.

They squeaked by a Bears team that will struggle to be .500 this year at home. Granted, no Steve Smith, but they should have at least covered today!!! :wacko:

not sure what's so funny...

squeaked by...a theoretically inferior team.. that's exactly my point. last year, they lose that game. They beat SD too, and everyone agrees, while they're 0-2, they won't struggle to be .500 this year. Both are games that CAR probably would've lost in the past...

They squeaked by a Bears team that will struggle to be .500 this year at home. Granted, no Steve Smith, but they should have at least covered today!!! :wacko:

and fwiw, i dont believe for a minute that the bears will struggle to make .500 this year. They completely outplayed and outcoached the colts. they played great this game, and due to some big mistakes, they lost. Carolina made some big mistakes too, but was able to overcome them.

You shouldn't shove the bears into some subpar bracket that they haven't earned (yet, anyway) They have a winning record with Orton, and have played 2 really great games this year so far. I applaud the bears, even though i totally slam their moves every single off season

Edited by LooGie

I hear you Loogie. I saw that draw play in the end of the 2nd quarter and I thought someone stole Dan Henning and the old playbook from the Dolphins and had him on the sidelines again. Very frustrating to spend good money to go to all the games only to come home wishing the team performed better in front of the home crowd and leaving dissppointed yet again. I was starting to feel that in the 3rd quarter when the game was 17-3 when King bobbled the ball up like a volleyball and gave the Bears the ball at the 26 yard line to start their TD drive. I was also very surprised that our 1st round pick had one carry for one yard before halftime.... Why in the heck to they draft him if DW couldn't get the job done, yet they keep trotting him out there on the field? Well, my prayer was answered a few moments later when Stewart game in the ball game and took over most of the snaps the rest of the way. He was fun to watch and played just the way Fox wants. Powerful, making good runs, finishing them well and punishing the tacklers on the way. I like DW and think he is a good RB, but it looks pretty clear to me... JStew needs to be the starter and let DW be the change of pace back.

I am not quite ready to pencil them into the playoffs, but I am getting more excited by the week and the fact that we are 2-0 against two pretty good football teams without our best offensive player... I am right there with you. If we can take care of Minny next week and get the Falcons at the end of the month... I will be thrilled. Minny will be tough next week trying to stop AP, but we get Smitty back so that will level the playing week for next Sunday. :wacko:

I hear you Loogie. I saw that draw play in the end of the 2nd quarter and I thought someone stole Dan Henning and the old playbook from the Dolphins and had him on the sidelines again. Very frustrating to spend good money to go to all the games only to come home wishing the team performed better in front of the home crowd and leaving dissppointed yet again. I was starting to feel that in the 3rd quarter when the game was 17-3 when King bobbled the ball up like a volleyball and gave the Bears the ball at the 26 yard line to start their TD drive. I was also very surprised that our 1st round pick had one carry for one yard before halftime.... Why in the heck to they draft him if DW couldn't get the job done, yet they keep trotting him out there on the field? Well, my prayer was answered a few moments later when Stewart game in the ball game and took over most of the snaps the rest of the way. He was fun to watch and played just the way Fox wants. Powerful, making good runs, finishing them well and punishing the tacklers on the way. I like DW and think he is a good RB, but it looks pretty clear to me... JStew needs to be the starter and let DW be the change of pace back.

I am not quite ready to pencil them into the playoffs, but I am getting more excited by the week and the fact that we are 2-0 against two pretty good football teams without our best offensive player... I am right there with you. If we can take care of Minny next week and get the Falcons at the end of the month... I will be thrilled. Minny will be tough next week trying to stop AP, but we get Smitty back so that will level the playing week for next Sunday. :D

:wacko: jeez man, you said everything i wanted to say, about the draw play, no carries for the first round draft pick, and the damn take away. I just didn't know how to express it in a way i thought anyone would understand. You said it perfectly, and only a true Carolina fan understands those key points in this game. I'm glad you replied with this, because it really did make me feel like i'm not alone in my garbled thoughts...

and btw, i actually said outloud, to my friend, when they did the 3rd down draw play "wow, that looks familiar to a panthers fan... carolina always used to..." you can finish the thought i'm sure...