[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Michael "the burner" Turner for real?

kicktothehead

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes there is....the funny thing is that if I had Turner, you're the sort of owner I trade him to and laugh in the end...

and the other funny thing is that you're acting like you're thinking way outside the box by thinking Turner is an elite back because he lit up the Lions and Chiefs defense :wacko:

once he played an above average defense (Buccaneers), he got 5 points in my local....

5...points?...LT got 6 points in week 2 against the Broncos and barely played more than a quarter....

I think other certain players will do well....I didn't like Turner....he's kind of an obvious sleeper and has been all off-season....but you're just so crazy (LIKE A FOX!) for going outside the box on this one.....so crazy that I'm dying from the lack of oxygen trying to reach your level...

+1

Turner is good in real life. My hopes is he raises to Jamal Anderson status in ATL in the next couple years when our Oline improves and Ryan improves his play and keep's D's honest.

I think other certain players will do well....I didn't like Turner....he's kind of an obvious sleeper and has been all off-season....but you're just so crazy (LIKE A FOX!) for going outside the box on this one.....so crazy that I'm dying from the lack of oxygen trying to reach your level...

Wow. That's awfully condescending for a RB who is at or near the top of almost all FF leagues right now. Getting a #1 RB in the 3rd or 4th round is what wins leagues. Turner has clearly shown that he is capable of being a #1 FF RB, whether he finishes the season that way or not. The guy has the total package - runs inside well, displays outside speed and burst, has long speed. In any event, barring injury, he appears to be a lock to outperform his draft position, and possibly by a wide margin. Add to that he has legit relief so that he won't be overworked and his HC appears to understand his team's limitations and therefore will use Turner quite a bit to keep games close, and that points at good season long production to me.

I'm not sure why you'd think Turner would be a poor player to have rostered.

him and Norwood make a nice 1-2 punch...the team just needs to have more reps as a unit together..

but the Falcons are on the right track for the 1st time since around 2002 or so......

Thank GOD. I love what they are doing. I think we will end up beating a good/great team or 2 that takes us lightly and makes a few mistakes in a very close game. Im hoping it is Philly (I have alot of Eagle fan friends)

Have to agree. End of year we can cement him as a first rounder next year or not.

It's not that difficult to draft first round value in the first round, is it? It's being able to find first round value in the third or fourth round - and to find players who outperform their ADPs on a whole - that wins leagues.

After Turner has proven himself to be capable of first round performance this year - if in fact he does - it doesn't take much acumen to draft him there.

I started out with Barber and Bush and was lucky enough to get Turner 4.4, He is a solid play every week in my line up. Because he doesn't carry my team. But it has been a pleasant surprise and barring injury, I think 1200 yards is possible. TD's are a funny thing because he has big play ability and can run hard inside the ten. In my position he is the best #3 RB in my league.........I got so lucky in my draft....had nothing to do with...."research" but had everything to do with the hype surrounding certain players...I got Barber at 9 in a 12 man league because SJax went 8th :wacko: ......Remember "Don't drink the Kool Aid!"......

I'm playing Perry over Turner this weekend. I love what he's done so far, but I still think he's a "matchup" play. He's going to have plenty of weeks where he struggles simply because he's a Falcon and they will be trailing or playing very good defenses.

I have a feeling your going to regret that decision...

Perry does have a better matchup but I expect Palmer to air it out and Perry to go for like 20 carries 60 yards or so. Burner turner and the falcons should stay in the game vs. Carolina and I expect him to have at least 70 some odd yards and possibly a score. I dont think Carolina is going to murder ATL like Tampa did....

Avernus, I think we all understand that you're not "sold" on Turner. I thought you were done with this topic? And if it makes you happy, I'm retarded and you're smart and beyond me

who says I was done with the topic?....never assume...

and I thought you were the smart one...not me..

now I'm confused.... :wacko:

He's for real as long as he is running against bum teams. When they are losing (which will be most games), he won't get the touches. Too bad the Falcons are so bad, or he could be something special...

I don't think he will have a chance to hit 70 yds against the Panthers this week...

I see the Panthers jumping out early on them...this is where we tend to see Norwood get that 5 more touches than he normally does...with the passing game being more of a factor...

right off the top of the head...my top 15...

AD

Barber

Westy

LT

Gore

Bush

Addai

Lynch

MJD

Portis

SJax

Forte

Turner

Julius

Graham

Stewart

O.K. I like some of your arguments but I don't get how you have a rookie on a bad team being a #1 in a 12 team but just couldn't fathom turner as a #1.

O.K. I like some of your arguments but I don't get how you have a rookie on a bad team being a #1 in a 12 team but just couldn't fathom turner as a #1.

because their defense is good and they have a good enough OL to run the ball.....and he's talented enough....

and Turner is the one on a bad team.....Forte is just on an average team....

Bears aren't going to get blown out like that (except this sunday night)...but Falcons will get blown out quite a few times.....not so good for the run game...

because their defense is good and they have a good enough OL to run the ball.....and he's talented enough....

and Turner is the one on a bad team.....Forte is just on an average team....

Bears aren't going to get blown out like that (except this sunday night)...but Falcons will get blown out quite a few times.....not so good for the run game...

Odds makers dont think Atlanta is going to get killed, 6.5 dogs on the road isnt bad......if you really think they are going to get blown out like that, you should look to put money on Carolina to cover that.....

Atlanta is no doubt a poor team, but they should be able to hang in games. Against Tampa the only thing that hurt them were a couple of early interceptions by Ryan, as the year progreses hes going to get better not worse at making decisions....

Nice thing about Turner is that he's only 26 even though he's been in the league a while. I'd love to have him on keeper and dynasty teams. Ryan/Turner/White looks really good to me for the future.

But this year? Come on now. This is a rebuilding team in a rebuilding year. He's sharing carries at about a 2:1 ratio with Norwood. The defense is a bit suspect. Let's see how he does at CAR at GB and vs CHI, shall we? I'll be surprised to see better than 200/1 in that stretch. Not because Turner can't handle it, but because its growing pains time for the team as a whole.