[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Antonio Pierce

Not good news for Big Blue.

Chase Blackburn would most likely start at MLB if Pierce is suspended/jailed. IDP players would be wise to keep an eye on this situation. :wacko:

How long could the suspension be? A game or two?

Jail is a different story of course.

But if he doesn't face jail time, and only gets suspended for a game or two. Blackburn would be o.k. to have I guess, but I don't think I'd want to use him as my starting LB...

I'm no attorney, but I doubt Pierce sees any legal recourse from this event and almost definitely no wrist-slap from the NFL. I haven't adjusted his rank at all.

It does seem ridiculous that they are going after him, and it is encouraging that John Mara is strongly sticking up for Pierce. The Maras are well respected in New York. Maybe the DA will change his tune. Pierce is supposed to testify before the grand jury tomorrow.

Best case would be no indictment, second best case would be if Pierce's lawyer delays the trial like Plaxico's did, so Pierce can play out the season.

It does seem ridiculous that they are going after him, and it is encouraging that John Mara is strongly sticking up for Pierce. The Maras are well respected in New York. Maybe the DA will change his tune. Pierce is supposed to testify before the grand jury tomorrow.

Best case would be no indictment, second best case would be if Pierce's lawyer delays the trial like Plaxico's did, so Pierce can play out the season.

I have not read the whole story, because I'm really sick of hearing stuff like this in the NFL. But didn't Pierce hide evidence, like the gun?

I have not read the whole story, because I'm really sick of hearing stuff like this in the NFL. But didn't Pierce hide evidence, like the gun?

No. They are contending the club's security guard picked up the piece and put it in Pierce's truck's glovebox without Pierce's knowledge. Assuming his ride was valeted. Pierce simply drove Burress to the hospital and also thought the gun was licensed (which it was, just in Jersey, not New York).

How long could the suspension be? A game or two?

Jail is a different story of course.

But if he doesn't face jail time, and only gets suspended for a game or two. Blackburn would be o.k. to have I guess, but I don't think I'd want to use him as my starting LB...

Jail seems real.

The more I read about this as it applies to Pierce, it really seems like the DA is out of his mind. To charge him with the same crime as Plaxico is just pure lunacy.

Agreed. I don't get it.

Bottom line, Pierce was already going to see a dip in production (again) this season. This could potentially drop him out of fantasy consideration altogether. I'll say it again: I don't think Pierce sees any jail time, but who knows what the All-Powerful Roger Goodell decides to do. :wacko: