[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How concerned are you with Pierre Thomas?

Liverlips

PT was drafted as a low RB1 by most....and right now, there are a dozen+ other RBs I'd rather have.

Yeah, well this is right now. I'd rather have my pick of other RBs right now too but since we can't scrap the season and redraft... that's why it was wise to snag Bell if you were a PT owner. Or, like rajncjn suggested, sell high earlier in the season. But since I can't rewind the season and sell, it was still a good idea to have Bell. I don't think anyone is suggesting trading for PT and/or Bell right now.

FWIW, in only one league do I own PT... as a keeper and 2nd/3rd RB. Before week 1, it was obvious that Bell was a must add. The NO offense is too productive for a RB like Bell to go unnoticed.

I mean, if you want to pat yourself on the back for avoiding this situation before the season, that's cool. But the thread is about where the whole PT/Bell situation is going and, based on the numbers, it's obvious there's some value there even if both are healthy.

Yeah, well this is right now.

yes, it is, and right now, I would try to sell rather than deal with the headache of trying to pick which one to start.

Before week 1, it was obvious that Bell was a must add. The NO offense is too productive for a RB like Bell to go unnoticed.

Of course it was.....PT was hurt in preseason. :wacko:

if you want to pat yourself on the back for avoiding this situation before the season[/b], that's cool. But the thread is about where the whole PT/Bell situation is going and, based on the numbers, it's obvious there's some value there even if both are healthy.

:D I have PT/Bell in my main money league, so like the poster who started this thread, I am talking from personal frustration with the situation. And I feel its time to cut bait, rather than roll the dice and hope the running game (on a passing team) is productive enough each week that two RBs can be fantasy-relevant.

:wacko: If you drop 5 from 15= 10 players, then how can you start 13. and why week 8 what about the week 9 & 10 byes. another question why do people play complicated rules FF?

redraft nov. 4. complicated rules? not really. makes the season more interesting and keeps more teams involved through the end of the year. otherwise, we'd have teams after week 10 that were no longer paying attention. total points league.first half and second half champions.

Thats a lot of ifs. What if neither are hurt? Then you are royally screwed.

I still feel like you're missing the point, Swam. Yes, you don't want to be in a situation where you have to depend on one of them week to week, if you can help it, but their real value is if one of them gets hurt. You might as well have both of them, improving your chances of hitting the NO rushing lotto. That's all I'm trying to say.

Mike Bell = LenDale White circa 2008...he'll have value as a big back around the goal line...PT will lose carries to Bell, and will steal a few touches from Reggie, but not enough to make up the difference....I'm really curious to see what they are going to do with the FB position...With Heath going down...could they move Bell to FB (e.g. what DEN did with Mike Anderson)?

Mike Bell = LenDale White circa 2008...he'll have value as a big back around the goal line...PT will lose carries to Bell, and will steal a few touches from Reggie, but not enough to make up the difference....I'm really curious to see what they are going to do with the FB position...With Heath going down...could they move Bell to FB (e.g. what DEN did with Mike Anderson)?

That's a really bad comparison...

Bell won't move to FB as the Saints don't really use a traditional FB. That is why they let Mike Karney go. Dave Thomas, who is also a backup TE will replace Evans until he is healthy again.

I still feel like you're missing the point, Swam. Yes, you don't want to be in a situation where you have to depend on one of them week to week, if you can help it, but their real value is if one of them gets hurt. You might as well have both of them, improving your chances of hitting the NO rushing lotto. That's all I'm trying to say.

I do get the point you are making, CS...just don't agree with it unless you have the roster space and paitence to wait until someone gets hurt.

You state "the real value is if one of them gets hurt"....well sure, if you want to take up two roster spots on the fluke that one gets hurt and the other gets the carries....but isn't that true of ANY RBBC scenario? So stating it about the Saints is moot, since it applies to every team. The real value of carrying AD/Taylor is if one gets hurt....the real value of carrying Gore/Coffee is if one gets hurt.....the real value of carrying Westbrook/McCoy is if one gets hurt....and so on and so on.

I'm just saying that, assuming both PT & Bell are healthy, you take a big risk starting either.....and thats not the case with MIN/PHL/MIA/SF/CIN/NYG/etc.

That's a really bad comparison...

Bell won't move to FB as the Saints don't really use a traditional FB. That is why they let Mike Karney go. Dave Thomas, who is also a backup TE will replace Evans until he is healthy again.

As a PT owner, that was probably more "wishful thinking". Being a Saints fan, are we are talking equal time share all the way? :wacko:

As a PT owner, that was probably more "wishful thinking". Being a Saints fan, are we are talking equal time share all the way? :wacko:

I'm throwing my hands up. PT in my mind is the better all-around back, but you just can't deny that Bell is running with a vengeance right now and Payton won't hesitate to use that. I think PT will still see the most playing time, but when the Saints want to grind it out and/or close out games then Bell will be plugged in.

I do get the point you are making, CS...just don't agree with it unless you have the roster space and paitence to wait until someone gets hurt.

You state "the real value is if one of them gets hurt"....well sure, if you want to take up two roster spots on the fluke that one gets hurt and the other gets the carries....but isn't that true of ANY RBBC scenario? So stating it about the Saints is moot, since it applies to every team. The real value of carrying AD/Taylor is if one gets hurt....the real value of carrying Gore/Coffee is if one gets hurt.....the real value of carrying Westbrook/McCoy is if one gets hurt....and so on and so on.

I'm just saying that, assuming both PT & Bell are healthy, you take a big risk starting either.....and thats not the case with MIN/PHL/MIA/SF/CIN/NYG/etc.

no. with gore you don't have to root for him or coffee to get hurt. same with westbrook. same with chris johnson. same with clinton portis. etc. these guys are going to get the bulk of the carries as long as they're healthy. you cant' say that about thomas and mike bell. one guy could get 20 carries oen game and 4 the next. and vice versa.

i wish i didn't have a horse in this race.

no. with gore you don't have to root for him or coffee to get hurt. same with westbrook. same with chris johnson. same with clinton portis. etc. these guys are going to get the bulk of the carries as long as they're healthy. you cant' say that about thomas and mike bell. one guy could get 20 carries oen game and 4 the next. and vice versa.

i wish i didn't have a horse in this race.

You kinda made my point.

What I was debating with CS & Kingfish was the fact that in order ot wrap up a team's running game, you have to carry two players on your roster, and in the Saints situation, neither is a reliable starter unless one gets hurt. My point was there are plenty of other teams that I would rather carry two of their RBs, because either (1) there is a clear-cut #1 RB, or (2) both Rbs can be productive and reliable (MIA, NYG, etc)

The Saints situation worse than any of the others (very similar to the Cowboys at this point), which is why, if only had one of Bell or PT, I'd likely try to trade him to the owner of the other to rid myself of the problem.

I own Bell/PT in one of my main leagues, and I can't start either with any confidence this week....pathetic. Is there another team like this? NE? DAL? very few.

I think PT will still see the most playing time, but when the Saints want to grind it out and/or close out games then Bell will be plugged in.

Which is exceptionally maddening, since PT's best game this year was exactly that scenario...closing out the Bills with 100+ yards/2 TDs in the last 12 minutes of the game.

Which is exceptionally maddening, since PT's best game this year was exactly that scenario...closing out the Bills with 100+ yards/2 TDs in the last 12 minutes of the game.

My take FWIW. they will use Bell to close out games because he is a more punishing runner than PT and it lessens the load on PT has they are being cautious with him due to his earlier injury and they will need him come playoff time. and serously folks the person who is hurt by this the most is Bush as he has almost disappeared from the Saints O attack since Bell gets most of the touches that PT doesn't get. Bush is used for gimmicks hell he hardly even catches a pass anymore. But I regress, Payton loves Bell for his running style and he will get most, not all, the GL runs. Bell does make PT less valuable in FF, but in real life Bell is needed for the Saints to continue. One more thing if PT doesn't get injured in preseason this would not be as dramatic, but Payton is doing what he thinks is necessary to protect PT.