[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who do you like/hope for as RB2 next year

BeeR

Realistically that is, and I realize it varies some depending on the setup. Let's say redraft and fairly typical setup/scoring etc. Grant? Forte? :wacko: Maybe D Wms even slides into this area depending on what you think about how many touches he'll get? Who are the safer bets, the boom/busts etc?

FWIW I took Grant this year in that role and can't kick - not flashy but steady - would take him again but he'll cost more now.

I'm not sure Grant would cost more. In PPR Grant will never have more than a mid-grade, tier 3 type player. Forte, Dwill, turner and a few others should fall back (as people realize WR are much safer PPR picks now). What will be really interesting is if Thomas Jones remains a Jet, can he continue to be a 5-6th rounder RB2 that cost you nothing?

In standard I usually like to go RB-WR-RB so ya a guy like Grant is exactly who I'd target in round 3. I went for MBIII last year and his quad injury was unfortunate but the idea is the same, I look for unsexy guys who quietly amass 1200 yards and 10+ TDs (Barber had the upside of being a dominate goal-line back, but ofcourse things have changed in big D).

I'm not sure Grant would cost more. In PPR Grant will never have more than a mid-grade, tier 3 type player. Forte, Dwill, turner and a few others should fall back (as people realize WR are much safer PPR picks now). What will be really interesting is if Thomas Jones remains a Jet, can he continue to be a 5-6th rounder RB2 that cost you nothing?

In standard I usually like to go RB-WR-RB so ya a guy like Grant is exactly who I'd target in round 3. I went for MBIII last year and his quad injury was unfortunate but the idea is the same, I look for unsexy guys who quietly amass 1200 yards and 10+ TDs (Barber had the upside of being a dominate goal-line back, but ofcourse things have changed in big D).

You are telling me that Dwill, Turner and Forte will not be in the top 12 RBS picked? :wacko: As this thread is about RB2s I think guys like Moreno, Jacobs, Cadillac, Jamaal Charles and Beanie Wells are potential targets . . .

You are telling me that Dwill, Turner and Forte will not be in the top 12 RBS picked? :wacko: As this thread is about RB2s I think guys like Moreno, Jacobs, Cadillac, Jamaal Charles and Beanie Wells are potential targets . . .

Charles has a ton of hype. I've heard a lot of people say they think he'll be top 5-10 next year. I also don't think FOrte will be a top 12 back in drafts next year.

I'm also not sure how many people view Cadillac as a RB2. I know I can easily name 24 backs that I take over him, making him more of a RB3 player.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Maybe Mendenhall. He had a bit of an erratic year, but if he starts out as the main man next year, he might turn in a pretty decent season as a RB2. Someone will probably draft him as a RB1 though... we'll see how rankings go next year.

With the new regime in seattle, who likely aren't married to J. Jones....

i think Forsett is the guy I'd hope flys under the radar.

I also think McCoy takes on a 75% role in Philly....and with the Bills and their fans tiring of Lynch's off-field issues, Fred Jackson could be gold if he gets 16-games worth of RB1 carries.

I was referring to the flow of a PPR draft. Sure I think Turner is easily a top 12 RB, DWill is close. Forte? Too many question marks in Chicago right now (this could change in a hurry). What I meant was I see WR1 being selected ahead of them now, and also the upside RB1s like Charles as owners look for the next chris johnson. In 6pt TD passing leagues, throw in about 4 QBs into the mix as well.

So If the Turners, Dwills of the world move into round 2, I like the chances of Grant, Moreno, Wells, those guys being around in 3. And I agree with bpwallace that moreno and wells are 2 guys worth targeting.

As a RB2? If you emphasize your passing game maybe. I'm hoping for better/safer than that.

As a RB2? If you emphasize your passing game maybe. I'm hoping for better/safer than that.

Were guys like J. Charles, T.Hightower, F. Jackson, & J. Harrison "better and safer" picks this year? Not really, and all were Top-24 in standard PPR leagues.

I'm not saying I'd draft Forsett as the #13 RB of the board....but at the point of drafting the 20th-24th RB in the draft, I wouldn't have a problem grabbing him with nice upside should he get the full-load (which I think he will), especially over guys like Jacobs, Hightower (whose role I think decreases as Wells matures).

FWIW, Forsett was the 27th best RB this year in standard PPR...just outside RB2 range......and that is with barely playing the 1st 8 weeks. I think he improves on that significantly.

Forsett? Ummm, no. I'm looking at Wells or Harrison if he is the top RB going into the season for the Browns. How about this new kid for the Texans? Maybe a rookie if they go into the right spot. Maybe Ronnie Brown falls with the injury issues. If healthy, I'd surely grab him. I could see myself having guys like Felix Jones/Leon Washington on my team, but those are more as RB3 guys

Guys I'm not taking...Moreno, K. Smith, Slaton, Forte, any Seahawk, any Charger, Jon Stewart

Edited by Seahawks21

Talk about a lot of difference of opinions this early, I'm thinking Moreno goes late 1st or early 2nd at least a full round before Jacobs.

I have taken Jacobs the last two years and wouldn't touch him next year before the 4th. I may take a gamble on Staton ? depending on who I grabbed in front of him.

Were guys like J. Charles, T.Hightower, F. Jackson, & J. Harrison "better and safer" picks this year? Not really, and all were Top-24 in standard PPR leagues.

Isn't hindsight wonderful? :wacko::D Seriously, saying that after the fact doesn't mean anything and for every Charles or Jackson there's a J Lewis or FWP. My point is I want more "safeness" in my RB2 pick than somebody like Forsett, and if you're picking him, I would figure you invested more in your passing game because he can be likely had later.

I like the idea of having a breakout player like Forsett as a RB2 if I grab receivers early.

Exactly. Then I would figure on going more boom/bust.

Forte wont be. Charles is not in the category of Moreno & those guys. He will be in the top 12. I know ill be looking to draft Charles next year in the late 1st early 2nd every league im in.

I also think McCoy takes on a 75% role in Philly....and with the Bills and their fans tiring of Lynch's off-field issues, Fred Jackson could be gold if he gets 16-games worth of RB1 carries.

Damn Swammi, these 3 were the ones I was going to point out......good work..... :wacko: .......

I'm thinking all three of these are more likely to be around Rd. 2. But...with the more popular strategy of picking RB-WR some more RBs could fall farther than expected.