[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kolb to the Browns?

i_am_the_swammi

Posted this in the Klausen thread, but in case anyone missed the rumor;

Per 97.5ESPN in Philly, its being reported that the Browns are offering TWO 1st round draft picks for Eagles QB Kevin Kolb. Seem awfully steep, but if the Browns are in desperation mode, who knows?

Holmgren needs a west-coast Qb with an accurate arm, which describes Kolb perfectly. I know Reid thinks Kolb is the goods, and now that he is 3-years seasoned, he'd step in immediately and start.

Source to ESPN stated that if the Browns don't feel they can get a QB of value with the #7 pick this year, they may as well trade it for a QB they truly believe can lead them on the field. I'll listen and try to update this with the source.

Interesting.....and if I'm the Eagles, I make that deal in a minute, and sign Mcnabb to the extension he wants.

seems like a significantly high number of bogus rumors comes out of Philly?

this one came from one of the ESPN talking heads. Not sure which one. 97.5 is broadcasting from the Phillies' spring training today, and they have a ton of guests on, so they haven't talked a ton about the rumor (tough callers keep trying to mix it in).

seems like a significantly high number of bogus rumors comes out of Philly?

(I'm not trying to be a smart, just sayin')

pretty typical Philly sports-talk, throwing out random stuff to gets the "fans" fired up.

All about ratings here

when it comes to the rumors here in Philly...I always try to figure out who the source is....

anyone on 610WIP is usually making stuff up....especially Anthony Gargano...and Eskin is hit/miss...

Paolantonio is not one of those guys.....he's legit with his info...

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eag..._the_table.html

McNabb to the Rams on the table

ORLANDO -- Donovan McNabb could be in a Rams uniform by the end of the day, possibly by the end of the week.

The Eagles have an offer on the table that would give them St. Louis' second-round draft pick (33d overall) in exchange for McNabb. That deal, however, is "not yet completed," according to a league source.

McNabb would be willing to go to the Rams if he was given a contract extension, according to a source close to the situation. He would not be willing to play for Buffalo or Oakland, two moribund franchises that might be willing to take McNabb without an extension.

McNabb has publicly stated that he wants to remain with the Eagles and retire with the only organization he has played for. McNabb released a blog post earlier today after coach Andy Reid said for the first time publicly that the Eagles were entertaining offers for McNabb and their three quarterbacks.

"I was asked to respond to statements made at the NFL owners meetings that the Eagles would entertain offers to trade any of their three QBs," McNabb wrote. "Here is my response: My position hasn't changed. I've said all along that I would like to win a Super Bowl and finish my career in Philadelphia.

"I understand the situation well and just hope whichever direction the Eagles decide to go in, they do it quickly. I think that would be best for me, Kevin [Kolb], Michael [Vick], the Eagles, and any other teams involved. No matter what happens, I've already begun preparing to have an outstanding season in 2010."

A trade could happen quickly.

The Eagles had no comment. Owner Jeffrey Lurie, coach Andy Reid and general manager Howie Roseman returned back to Philadelphia today after this week's NFL owners' meetings. Team president Joe Banner is still here.

McNabb, meanwhile, hasn't spoken to Reid in months, according to one source. While Reid said that the Eagles were listening to offers for all three of their quarterbacks, McNabb is the most likely to be dealt and be dealt soon. He has spent most of the off-season at his home in Arizona.

Rams offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur was previously McNabb's quarterbacks coach with the Eagles. Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo was a defensive coach under Reid.

Sal Pal has already been on philly radio saying there is no deal with the rams...which is probably why your link is no longer any good

Paolantonio now reporting the deal for McNabb is done, pending the Rams being able to sign McNabb to an extension.

Pick #33 and safety Atogwe (sp) for McNbb....reported live on the Mikey Miss show at 5:00.

Paolantonio now reporting the deal for McNabb is done, pending the Rams being able to sign McNabb to an extension.

Pick #33 and safety Atogwe (sp) for McNbb....reported live on the Mikey Miss show at 5:00.

:wacko: Wow...let the Kevin Kolb era begin?

Edited by buddahj

Fox radio just put out an offer on McNabb

The Raiders are offering Nnamdi and picks

McNabb apparently doesn't want to go there but like I said before...Al Davis might not care about extending him to a long term deal...

I wouldn't be shocked to see McNabb go somewhere and just play 1 season unless that team blows him away with an amazing offer (highest paid QB) abd then you'll see Brady and Manning get similar deals next year...

McNabb apparently doesn't want to go there but like I said before...Al Davis might not care about extending him to a long term deal...

I wouldn't be shocked to see McNabb go somewhere and just play 1 season unless that team blows him away with an amazing offer (highest paid QB) abd then you'll see Brady and Manning get similar deals next year...

I haven't been here for some time, has this been discussed already. Today was the first I had heard about it and I was just chalking it up as a bunk rumor coming out of Philly, but they said the Raiders put it out.

I haven't been here for some time, has this been discussed already. Today was the first I had heard about it and I was just chalking it up as a bunk rumor coming out of Philly, but they said the Raiders put it out.

I've heard about this via Fox and GCobb.com already....and the Raiders haven't come forward to deny it - nor have the Eagles...