[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anybody think Jahvid Best is this Year's Ray Rice?

splotchman

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came looking for this exact thread, hoping one was here.

I gotta say, I really like Best. And on top of that, I think Detroit is building a VERY good team offensively. Those of you thinking this is the same old Lions, haven't paid attention to the front office.

They have a nice core of offensive players. Certainly in adynasty draft, he could become special.

And 25 carries a game is not 250 per season unless he missed 6 games....which would be possible. I totally see him getting about 15 touches early and about 18 touches in the middle of the season. Maybe back to 15 per game toward the end if they aren't in playoff range.

Detroit vs Cleveland 8/28/10 exhibition

Detroit's first possession

1-7-CLE 7 (5:48) M.Stafford pass short left to B.Johnson for 7 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

1-10-CLE 17 (6:17) (Shotgun) M.Stafford pass short right to J.Best pushed ob at CLE 7 for 10 yards (J.Haden; T.Ward).

1-10-DET 32 (7:05) J.Best left end to CLE 17 for 51 yards (E.Wright).

0-0-CLE 30 P.Dawson kicks 66 yards from CLE 30 to DET 4. A.Brown pushed ob at DET 32

Looks kinda like Ray Rice to me. cool.gif

I have not seen the play, but 1 ? if he is this fast how does he get caught?

• 4 weeks later...
Best is explosive while Smith is boring and predictable. Arian is, at this point, a shoe in for 1500 yards and 12-18 tds. I have no idea why he is not being drafted as a slam-dunk RB2/ RB1 - ahead of Grant, Charles, Addai, etc. Houston is explosive and Slaton is working with the kickoff return team. Seriously... draft him!

I love brash, drunken posts like this! :wacko::tup:

I think Jahvid Best owners who didn't sell high after the Eagles game are in for a frustrating season. At the very least, even if he didn't get hurt, you'd have to expect the rookie wall to hit a guy like Best just when you need him most (week 13 and beyond).

I think Jahvid Best owners who didn't sell high after the Eagles game are in for a frustrating season. At the very least, even if he didn't get hurt, you'd have to expect the rookie wall to hit a guy like Best just when you need him most (week 13 and beyond).

I hope not. He's #4 on my RB depth chart but I'm expecting big things from in in week 5 against STL; at which point I will sell high.