[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anybody think Jahvid Best is this Year's Ray Rice?

splotchman

Fearless Forecast (15 games): 228 carries, 1,048 rushing yards, 48 receptions, 394 receiving yards, 9 total touchdowns

Just a bit of perspective on these numbers:

Of the top 12 RBs in the NFL last year, these numbers would have put Best at the worst in rushing yards and second least carries, but the 5th best in ypc behind only CJ, Rice, Stewart, and Gore.

It would have given Best the 5th most receptions of the group, just barely behind only CJ, SJax, MJD, and Gore. It would be the 4th highest ypr behind only CJ, AD, and Rice.

It would give him the second least touches in the group, ahead of only Stewart, but the 5th highest yptouch behind only CJ, Rice, Gore, and Stewart.

So what this guy is projecting is that Best is essentially a top 5 RB already and that only the relatively light workload could possibly keep him from being one of the 5 best RBs in the NFL right now - despite Best's not having played a single regular season down in the NFL yet.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interested in hearing if folks think that Jahvid Best is going to break out similarly to Ray Rice last year in PPR leagues. Last year Rice was ranking about 15-20 about this time of year and ended up top 3-4 in most PPR scoring formats.

Clearly Best's line is not nearly as good as the Raven's, but he does have some nice receiving + rushing combo potential.

Any thoughts in the confidence level folks have in Best as a solid RB2?

I personally like Best's upside, but being that he's on a lesser team and is a rookie (Rice was a 2nd year player last year) - his upside is nothing close to what Rice achieved last season. I like him as a value low-end RB2, but I wouldn't expect the world from him.

Just a bit of perspective on these numbers:

Of the top 12 RBs in the NFL last year, these numbers would have put Best at the worst in rushing yards and second least carries, but the 5th best in ypc behind only CJ, Rice, Stewart, and Gore.

It would have given Best the 5th most receptions of the group, just barely behind only CJ, SJax, MJD, and Gore. It would be the 4th highest ypr behind only CJ, AD, and Rice.

It would give him the second least touches in the group, ahead of only Stewart, but the 5th highest yptouch behind only CJ, Rice, Gore, and Stewart.

So what this guy is projecting is that Best is essentially a top 5 RB already and that only the relatively light workload could possibly keep him from being one of the 5 best RBs in the NFL right now - despite Best's not having played a single regular season down in the NFL yet.

imo a player like Best would benefit from a lighter workload...but I don't think he can achieve those numbers in a rookie season....but one can only hope - especially if you draft him..

Spiller has essentially been named the starter no? With Freddy getting hurt. Like Spiller's upside a little more.

While I think Spiller has a more well rounded game, I just think that the Det offense will be far more consistent than the Buf offense. This should lead to longer drives and more scoring opportunities for Best. I do think Spiller is a great value right now in drafts though, but I do like Best better this year.

While I think Spiller has a more well rounded game, I just think that the Det offense will be far more consistent than the Buf offense. This should lead to longer drives and more scoring opportunities for Best. I do think Spiller is a great value right now in drafts though, but I do like Best better this year.

Love the avatar.

I always wonder what's going on in that avatar and have no clue...

Pretty sure she is giving herself a high five and pointing to someone across the room.

Anyway, I think some of you haven't been watching Lions games for the last few years. Yes, I think they should be better but I've said that for at least 5-10 years and it's rarely much of a difference.

No....for a few legit reasons

1. more crowded backfield in DET: Dede Dorsey, Maurice Morris, Kevin Smith...

2. he can't catch the ball like ray ray

3. he isnt nearly as durable....he is more of a change of pace back since he can't take 250 carries

4. if they overload him with 25 carries a game he snaps his lil leg like a twig

I've been unable to land Best in 2 drafts so far. He's gone 4.5 and 4.11 in 12 teams I've participated in over the past week or so.

Pretty sure she is giving herself a high five and pointing to someone across the room.

Good answer....to me it looks like she's simulating giving an ass slap then casting a fishing rod. :wacko:

2. he can't catch the ball like RAY RAY

3. he isnt nearly as durable....he is more of a change of pace back since he can't take 250 carries

4. if they overload him with 25 carries a game he snaps his lil leg like a twig

Did u just call him Ray Ray? That's ghey ghey :wacko:

Detroit vs Cleveland 8/28/10 exhibition

Detroit's first possession

1-7-CLE 7 (5:48) M.Stafford pass short left to B.Johnson for 7 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

1-10-CLE 17 (6:17) (Shotgun) M.Stafford pass short right to J.Best pushed ob at CLE 7 for 10 yards (J.Haden; T.Ward).

1-10-DET 32 (7:05) J.Best left end to CLE 17 for 51 yards (E.Wright).

0-0-CLE 30 P.Dawson kicks 66 yards from CLE 30 to DET 4. A.Brown pushed ob at DET 32

Looks kinda like Ray Rice to me. :wacko:

I'm thinking that this will not be a factor.

Best is Detroit's #1 RB. I don't think that there is any debate about that. Smith is done. Morris is a stiff. And Dorsey can't find a team that wants to keep him. Edit: Just discovered that Dorsey played for the Las Vegas Locomotives last year.

Best's body is the only thing that is going to limit the number of touches that he gets in the Detroit offense.

:wacko:

Edited by Furd

Speaking of Best's body, it looks like Jim Schwartz saw enough with those two touches. Best has been standing on the sidelines chatting with teammates, laughing, helmet off- ever since that first drive. Schwartz is saving his ammo for real games.

Speaking of Best's body, it looks like Jim Schwartz saw enough with those two touches. Best has been standing on the sidelines chatting with teammates, laughing, helmet off- ever since that first drive. Schwartz is saving his ammo for real games.

And kevin smith comes in for 8-20-1 and 2-9 receiving. Ordinary. Forget committee, I think this is best's backfield. What we don't know yet is goal-line work. That plus concussionitis prevents me from reaching for Best this year. Round 4, RB2 territory for now.

And kevin smith comes in for 8-20-1 and 2-9 receiving. Ordinary. Forget committee, I think this is best's backfield. What we don't know yet is goal-line work. That plus concussionitis prevents me from reaching for Best this year. Round 4, RB2 territory for now.

Smith gets GL work if they want Best to stay healthy...

if I draft Best, it's because of what he does in the passing game...not what he does on the ground...