[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Breakout player of the week for week 4

ttwarrior4

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EZ R Torain in a game that is broadcast nationwide and getting the load in DC with k Williams cut and portis delegated to 3rd down back. About to see Shanahan run scheme blow up.

The Vick/Mcnabb saga will quickly get overshadowed by the ball control of the skins pounding Torain.

Ryan Mathews against that zona run D

This.

He has had a week to step back, calm down and watch, absorb and assimilate. He was running well before and as I said in another post, I think one of his fumbles would have been overturned with more camera angles (not a nationally televised game).

If he holds up well and has no setback during the game, I don't see them pulling him at the goal line for Tolbert. They want to build the rooks confidence by getting him his TD.

The only worry here is if the Boltz get way up and go into cruise control, they could pull him for Tolbert to close out the game the way they used to use Turner to close for LT>

Edited by McBoog

The only worry here is if the Boltz get way up and go into cruise control, they could pull him for Tolbert to close out the game the way they used to use Turner to close for LT>

I think this alone is enough for me to adopt a wait 'n see with him. Hopefully I won't be leaving beau coup points on my bench. (I'm starting Bess over him in the WR/RB)

But if SD gets that much of a lead, then Mathews probably put up enough points to warrant starting him, even if it's 'only' three quarters of the game.

That's a reasonable POV, but it's the Philip Rivers show. It's just as likely they get a huge lead via Gates/Floyd/Nanee. Not to mention the ineptitude of Anderson.

I'm actually looking for Toston to get an equal number of carries if SJax is out.

Nope, Darby was clearly the primary backup. Spags has blocking concerns with Toston. He was hardly mentioned all week in both local and national media.