[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rest of the season rankings

Thews40

Lost ALL credibility? For ranking 1 QB just one slot above where you'd rank him? A bit harsh, wouldn't you say? Don't forget that just a few of Fitz's games will be played in the cold of Buffalo. The Bills will likely become a bit more run oriented at that time, IMO.

No he loses all credibility for having Kitna at 14.... ahead of Fitz is just some icing.

this is all tongue and cheek folks so hold of on the harsh comments bit. it really was more of a put down on Kitna and the state of the cowboys.

:wacko:

Not even sure he's top-5 when you consider they are going with T. Smith at QB for at least the next 3 weeks. Until there is an ounce of proof that Smith can run the passing offense effectively, I don't think you can value Davis as the top TE in all of fantasy football.

That's a good point and I really didn't know much about the QB change, but IMO a QB change will affect WR's more than the TE.

Love these types of back-and-forth on this board.

The TE list was missing Owen Daniels who must be very close to 100% now and could be a big plus to those with TE issues.

As for Flacco, I have him on my roster for one purpose: week 14 at Houston and their #32 pass D.

My problem with Fitzpatrick is the potential for a lot of bad weather games at Ralph Wilson in Nov/December.

I know that Keller is fast, but something tells me that Holmes isn't going to be the guy catching the balls that would typically go to Keller. Holmes could even help Keller just by merit of keeping drives going.

Seems logical but logic never seems to prevail. Jets will pound the ball in bad weather. Kellers value only escelated when Santonio was out and with one game back last week, it already showed. Unfortunately I beleive this to happen because myself am a Keller owner.

No he loses all credibility for having Kitna at 14.... ahead of Fitz is just some icing.

this is all tongue and cheek folks so hold of on the harsh comments bit. it really was more of a put down on Kitna and the state of the cowboys.

First, I didn't even realize I had credibility to begin with... :wacko:

But seriously, where would you have Romo on this list if he was still healthy? I'd have Romo top 5 with that offense. Kitna is definitely a downgrade from Romo, but having him at 14 is hardly a stretch. Plus, your argument about the state of the Cowboys only fuels the fire that Kitna will have to continue to throw the ball for them to have a chance.

Someone asked about Flacco too in an earlier reply... You could make a case for Flacco being in the top 15. He's probably 16 on my list, and there really isn't a huge gap from 14-16 (same tier). But of these guys (Kitna, Fitzpatrick and Flacco), Flacco strikes me as the most likely to have a dud just when you need him most. In other words, I think Kitna and Fitzpatrick are more likely to have more multiple TD games for the rest of the year than Flacco. And if there's anything I want, it's consistency.

Ok I'll take a shot:

Tight Ends.

#1 – Vernon Davis. The main target on a marginal team.

#2 – Antonio Gates. The king of TE’s has a bad toe. Bad toes don’t heal quickly but aren’t as bad as a bad knee or ankle. If a shot in the foot kills the pain for a few hours, he’ll continue to produce, just not as much. Risk/reward sides with reward IMO.

#3 – Jason Witten. He’ll always get something, even if it’s a handful of catches and an occasional TD. With Romo out, I see a lot plays intended to go deep breaking down and Kitna finding Witten in the slot.

#4 – Zach Miller. I hate the Raiders, but they are getting better and Zach is one of, if not the main target.

#5 – Dustin Keller. The Jets rely mostly on defense and aren’t yer typical deep threat kind of team.

#6 – Aaron Hernandez. Brady has to throw to someone other than Welker.

#7 – Chris Cooley. I don’t see a lot of firepower in the Redskins, but Cooley is very consistent in double digits.

#8 – Tony Gonzalez. He’s Gonzo. Maybe lost a step or two, but he’ll get a few TD’s with sure hands in the red zone.

#9 – Todd Heap. I’ve had Heap for the past few years and he’s always hurt… not this year… yet, but you can’t count on the injury bug striking. Too many weapons on the Ravens to plug all the holes and I figure he’ll be what you’d expect from the #9 slot… OK.

#10 – Marcedes Lewis. He can be hit or miss with TD’s, but he’s currently #8 overall and usually gets at least 10.

#11 – Jeremy Shockey. Always hurt and one of many choices when Brees decides to throw. With the running game shut down they became one-dimensional, but with some RB help Shockey should be good for at least 8 on any given week.

#12 – Tony Moeaki. The Chiefs are getting better and this one is more of a hunch than based on stats. Cassel has Bowe now that opposing defenses have to contain which should open up the middle a little more.

Call me crazy, but I split Heap down to 11, bump Shockey and Moeaki down one, and put Jacob Tamme at #9. Again, I'm speculating on him big time (as we all are since we've seen nothing from him yet), but if he sees between 50% and 70% of the targets that Clark used to get and makes good on 2/3 of them, he'll be top 10. Biggest question mark is red zone / TDs. Still, I'll stick my neck out there on Tamme. Why not?

Where is Pettigrew? He is already close to top 10, Stafford returns, and the DET schedule is pretty favorable.

Me thinks that people are gun shy about Pettigrew because in the one game we saw Stafford vs. the Bears, he didn't really throw to him (only 1 catch for 6 yards that game).

Call me crazy, but I split Heap down to 11, bump Shockey and Moeaki down one, and put Jacob Tamme at #9. Again, I'm speculating on him big time (as we all are since we've seen nothing from him yet), but if he sees between 50% and 70% of the targets that Clark used to get and makes good on 2/3 of them, he'll be top 10. Biggest question mark is red zone / TDs. Still, I'll stick my neck out there on Tamme. Why not?

Prognostication isn’t an exact science, so where the #9-#12 fall is a crapshoot. I don’t see how Clark is simply replaced that easily. IMO, Manning is going to suffer bigtime. With Addai hurt and Collie out the opposing D doesn’t have to be spread so thin. I’m not saying Tamme won’t prosper, but it’s far too early to rank him in the top 12. For the record, all Colts are downgraded until the running game is firmly established.

Realize too that Clark did little in his first four years with the Colts. He never had more than 488 yards or 4 TDs in those first four years. Tamme has only caught six passes in his first two years. I have almost zero expectations of him at least in any reliable fantasy sense. I do think Clark's absence means more 3 and 4 WR sets.

Realize too that Clark did little in his first four years with the Colts. He never had more than 488 yards or 4 TDs in those first four years. Tamme has only caught six passes in his first two years. I have almost zero expectations of him at least in any reliable fantasy sense. I do think Clark's absence means more 3 and 4 WR sets.

Are you gonna bump Witten? ..seriously.

Marcus Pollard was there at the beginning of Clark's career while Clark was learning the offense. Plus, Manning had Harrison, Wayne and Stokley going strong. The current circumstances might warrant that Tamme gets a lot more of the action than simply looking at Clark's history would indicate. The Colts have been forced to roll with undrafted rookie Blair White with the injuries to Garcon / Collie. Rolling the dice on Tamme is simply rolling the dice that he will get the majority of looks the Clark used to get. If they put a TE rotation in that involves Eldridge, Robinson and Tamme, then obviously that kills any value at the TE position. But it doesn't appear that they are planning on a TE platoon in Indy.

Like I said, I was sticking my neck out that they won't rotate (Eldridge is a rookie and Robinson was released only to be resigned after Clark's injury, which I suppose leads me to believe that Tamme is the most seasoned of TE replacement options for Clark). The Colts might go 3 and 4 WR more often, but like I said, 60-70% of Dallas Clark's production is still near top-10 level, and Tamme has the upside to get there. If you take 2/3 of Clark's numbers over the last couple years, that's 58 catches, 650 yards, 5 TDs. Those numbers would put him right on the cusp of the top 10 if you extrapolate for a full year.

This.

Plus I'd go a step further. If Tamme scores, I'd trade him or package him in a deal that would land me a viable RB or WR, you can never have too many of those. But TEs pop up on the waiver wire all the time for spot-starts.

Plus I'd go a step further. If Tamme scores, I'd trade him or package him in a deal that would land me a viable RB or WR, you can never have too many of those. But TEs pop up on the waiver wire all the time for spot-starts.

:wacko: Gotta disagree. The last position that gets spot-strats is the TE... unless you're expecting 2 catches for 15 yards.

Where is Pettigrew? He is already close to top 10, Stafford returns, and the DET schedule is pretty favorable.

Pettigrew splits time with Scheffler and the stats are almost identical. Also with Pettigrew, his report is with Hill not Stafford so its interesting how this will play out. Difficult to rank either right now because they take away each others snaps but surprisingly both are posting nice numbers. Even in preseason the report with Stafford was Scheffler not Pettigrew, sooooooo wait and see.

Edited by ajfalcone

Again, Pettigrew is the 13th scoring TE so far this year. He ended last year with 2 TDs (with Stafford) in his last four games (the other two were vs GB & MIN). The schedule sets up nicely for DET. Coming off a bye, I he seems poised for a breakout after being drafted in the 1st round 2009 and finally being healthy at the same time as Stafford.

Again, Pettigrew is the 13th scoring TE so far this year. He ended last year with 2 TDs (with Stafford) in his last four games (the other two were vs GB & MIN). The schedule sets up nicely for DET. Coming off a bye, I he seems poised for a breakout after being drafted in the 1st round 2009 and finally being healthy at the same time as Stafford.

plus it's about time for Scheffler to get hurt anyways....he's overdue..

OK, here is my shot at the top 20 RBs for the rest of the year (with reasoning for my choice):

1 Adrian Peterson MIN 4 - He is the offensive centerpiece, and they are going to have to ride him now more than ever with their QB situation. Moss and Harvin help keep defenses honest.

2 Frank Gore SFO 9 - Depsite defenses knowing that he's going to get the ball, he still somehow delivers more often than not. One of the safer RB1's out there. Very active in the passing game which should continue with Troy Smith running the show for now.

3 Chris Johnson TEN 9 - He hasn't had the homerun ball this year, but he's still the guy there. Passing game might open things up for him more.

4 Arian Foster HOU 7 - Biggest concern is how terrible Houston's defense is. Will the Texans have to abandon the run at times to play catchup? Has fantastic upside in this offense though.

5 Rashard Mendenhall PIT 5 - Doesn't share the ball much and plays on a good offense. Sniffs of opportunity to me.

6 Darren McFadden OAK 10 - Still having a hard time trusting him, but he is in the middle of a major breakout season. Michael Bush probably won't put a dent into him. Injuries could though and are always a concern with him.

7 Steven Jackson STL 9 - A true workhorse, and the Rams are improved on offense in general. Plays through more nagging injuries more effectively than anyone else in the league.

8 LeSean McCoy PHI 8 - Plays on a dynamic offense and catches out of the backfield well. He could even be top 5 by year end.

9 Michael Turner ATL 8 - They will lean on him more and more as the season progresses. Would be nice if he was more involved in the passing game. Still, a threat for multiple TDs any give week just from goalline looks on an above average offense.

10 Ahmad Bradshaw NYG 8 - Jacobs is a pest that won't go away, but probably a good thing Bradshaw doesn't break from too much work. The Giants are on fire, and he's the main guy.

11 LaDainian Tomlinson NYJ 7 - Is running really well, but may lose some touches to keep fresh for the playoff run. Still, the better half of an RBBC in run-first New York is a good thing.

12 Maurice Jones-Drew JAC 9 - Jacksonville is horrendous. And losing Ebon Britton just makes it that much worse. No light at the end of the tunnel, but he can put up numbers against lousy defenses, and he gets good matchups in weeks 14 (OAK) and 15 (IND), so not a guy I'm excited about right now, but a guy I want on my team for the playoff push. I think I just talked myself into making an offer for him when he's on bye next week...

13 Ray Rice BAL 8 - Probably the most frustrating fantasy RB in the league. Can't seem to make McGahee a memory, and that probably won't change. Upside in the passing game though. But wildly inconsistent, even against inferior opponents.

14 Peyton Hillis CLE 8 - Cleveland's offensive line is underrated, and he has earned the trust of the coaching staff. No threat to lose carries, but the passing game can be a liability that could have teams keying in on him.

15 Cedric Benson CIN 6 - Workhorse RB on a decent team, but something just seems a little off with them. Bernard Scott has actually looked better at times, but they are committed to Benson

16 Jamaal Charles KCC 4 - Thomas Jones is not going away, but Charles is one of the most explosive RBs in the league and can make plays. He is easily top 5 if Jones gets hurt. Can't say the same about Jones if Charles were to get hurt.

17 Jahvid Best DET 7 - If he can shake his turf toe or at least if it has minimal impact on his burst / speed, he can have a very nice finish to his season. Pretty big IF though.

18 Ryan Torain WAS 9 - Only downside is he's an injury risk, but McNabb's erratic play will force Shanahan to lean on Torain. If only he caught passes too...

19 Matt Forte CHI 8 - Losing goalline carries to Taylor probably doesn't hurt much anyway since nobody can score from the 1 with that offensive line. His game has always been out in space, preferably catching passes. Could surprise if they can get him more involved in the passing game. But the epitome of inconsistent for the most part, and a nightmarish fantasy playoff schedule.

20 Knowshon Moreno DEN 9 - I'll believe he stays healthy and produces effectively when I see it. I avoided him in all drafts after his preseason hamstring tear and for good reason. Now he's tweaked it? And he plays on a pass happy offense to boot.

Honorable mention: Shonn Greene (should be more involved to keep LT fresh, is a beast, seems to have put fumbling issues behind him), Brandon Jackson (plays on a good offense, but limited by lack of commitment to the run, can catch well out of the backfield though), Beanie Wells (has a favorable schedule, and Hightower may have fumbled his way to backup status - terrible passing game limits his upside though)

Edited by MTSuper7

OK, here is my shot at the top 20 RBs for the rest of the year (with reasoning for my choice):

1 Adrian Peterson MIN 4 - He is the offensive centerpiece, and they are going to have to ride him now more than ever with their QB situation. Moss and Harvin help keep defenses honest.

2 Frank Gore SFO 9 - Depsite defenses knowing that he's going to get the ball, he still somehow delivers more often than not. One of the safer RB1's out there. Very active in the passing game which should continue with Troy Smith running the show for now.

3 Chris Johnson TEN 9 - He hasn't had the homerun ball this year, but he's still the guy there. Passing game might open things up for him more.

4 Arian Foster HOU 7 - Biggest concern is how terrible Houston's defense is. Will the Texans have to abandon the run at times to play catchup? Has fantastic upside in this offense though.

5 Rashard Mendenhall PIT 5 - Doesn't share the ball much and plays on a good offense. Sniffs of opportunity to me.

6 Darren McFadden OAK 10 - Still having a hard time trusting him, but he is in the middle of a major breakout season. Michael Bush probably won't put a dent into him. Injuries could though and are always a concern with him.

7 Steven Jackson STL 9 - A true workhorse, and the Rams are improved on offense in general. Plays through more nagging injuries more effectively than anyone else in the league.

8 LeSean McCoy PHI 8 - Plays on a dynamic offense and catches out of the backfield well. He could even be top 5 by year end.

9 Michael Turner ATL 8 - They will lean on him more and more as the season progresses. Would be nice if he was more involved in the passing game. Still, a threat for multiple TDs any give week just from goalline looks on an above average offense.

10 Ahmad Bradshaw NYG 8 - Jacobs is a pest that won't go away, but probably a good thing Bradshaw doesn't break from too much work. The Giants are on fire, and he's the main guy.

11 LaDainian Tomlinson NYJ 7 - Is running really well, but may lose some touches to keep fresh for the playoff run. Still, the better half of an RBBC in run-first New York is a good thing.

12 Maurice Jones-Drew JAC 9 - Jacksonville is horrendous. And losing Ebon Britton just makes it that much worse. No light at the end of the tunnel, but he can put up numbers against lousy defenses, and he gets good matchups in weeks 14 (OAK) and 15 (IND), so not a guy I'm excited about right now, but a guy I want on my team for the playoff push. I think I just talked myself into making an offer for him when he's on bye next week...

13 Ray Rice BAL 8 - Probably the most frustrating fantasy RB in the league. Can't seem to make McGahee a memory, and that probably won't change. Upside in the passing game though. But wildly inconsistent, even against inferior opponents.

14 Peyton Hillis CLE 8 - Cleveland's offensive line is underrated, and he has earned the trust of the coaching staff. No threat to lose carries, but the passing game can be a liability that could have teams keying in on him.

15 Cedric Benson CIN 6 - Workhorse RB on a decent team, but something just seems a little off with them. Bernard Scott has actually looked better at times, but they are committed to Benson

16 Jamaal Charles KCC 4 - Thomas Jones is not going away, but Charles is one of the most explosive RBs in the league and can make plays. He is easily top 5 if Jones gets hurt. Can't say the same about Jones if Charles were to get hurt.

17 Jahvid Best DET 7 - If he can shake his turf toe or at least if it has minimal impact on his burst / speed, he can have a very nice finish to his season. Pretty big IF though.

18 Ryan Torain WAS 9 - Only downside is he's an injury risk, but McNabb's erratic play will force Shanahan to lean on Torain. If only he caught passes too...

19 Matt Forte CHI 8 - Losing goalline carries to Taylor probably doesn't hurt much anyway since nobody can score from the 1 with that offensive line. His game has always been out in space, preferably catching passes. Could surprise if they can get him more involved in the passing game. But the epitome of inconsistent for the most part, and a nightmarish fantasy playoff schedule.

20 Knowshon Moreno DEN 9 - I'll believe he stays healthy and produces effectively when I see it. I avoided him in all drafts after his preseason hamstring tear and for good reason. Now he's tweaked it? And he plays on a pass happy offense to boot.

Honorable mention: Shonn Greene (should be more involved to keep LT fresh, is a beast, seems to have put fumbling issues behind him), Brandon Jackson (plays on a good offense, but limited by lack of commitment to the run, can catch well out of the backfield though), Beanie Wells (has a favorable schedule, and Hightower may have fumbled his way to backup status - terrible passing game limits his upside though)

Pretty good list. Agree with most, might give a slight bump to Charles since I think his carries will go up and season wears on and the schedule sets up so nice...

Good job.

This.

I know it was only one game, but what are your thoughts on Tamme now? Still sell high? Or did you see enough to feel convinced he's a borderline TE1 from here on out?

I know it was only one game, but what are your thoughts on Tamme now? Still sell high? Or did you see enough to feel convinced he's a borderline TE1 from here on out?

I would sit on Tamme just because its Manning throwing the ball plus Tamme does have talent otherwise he wouldnt be on the colts roster. If not, Shiancoe might have been thrown back into waivers and with Moss gone, his targets could go up.

I'll be the first to say you were correct about Tamme and while he could be had for a song last week, will be the waiver wire gold brick this week. With the season half done I would expect people to shoot their collective wad for him.